New grower: is this a hermie plant (sigh) 😭

• Thread starter Cdub97
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Cdub97

Cdub97

beginning Week 7 flowering in soil.

Well it figures that my most healthy most lovely flowering super skunk plant would erupt in what appears to be nanners and what looks like already seeds developing. 😓

So I guess unless I want it to pollinate all the rest of my plants I gotta kill it huh? It looks like there’s no way I can pick them off. I’ve seen at least 2-3 parts on each cola. There’s a bunch. This is heartbreaking.

I feel like I may have already completely blown it and pollinated all the plants next to it. There’s a big fan upwind of all the other plants so I bet it’s already bad.

SHIT.

New grower is this a hermie plant sigh
New grower is this a hermie plant sigh 2
New grower is this a hermie plant sigh 3
New grower is this a hermie plant sigh 4
Cdub97

Cdub97

I picked off the ones I could see but I’m sure I missed some. It’s so gooey it’s hard to do well at all.

I guess I gotta kill it 😭😭😭

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Can cold nighttime temps cause this? I noticed I was getting down to 59-60F.

Maybe? I do see issues if my root zone gets in the low 60’s or lower. But i would look to heat, nutrient stress and light leaks.

Cdub97

Cdub97

(sigh)

Feeling like there’s not much I can do right...

It’s not heat stress. The room is usually 72-76F and about 52% RH.

It’s not light leaks I don’t think...although today I thought the curtain hanging over the door might’ve let in a tiny at the bottom corner but 99% of the time I’m real good about it.

It’s likely nutrient stress but I dunno how to fix it yet. The plant has been dropping a lot of leaves so something is amiss nutrient wise. Been trying to make sure my water and feedings are ph’d about 6.6-6.8. Been looking at ppm from runoff and it was building up but I gave it some heavy waterings and cleared it up...maybe that’s what it was.

Brotofsky

Brotofsky

Not to freak you out, but can also be caused by bug attacks. Check your leaves tops and underneath. Can you take natural light photos?

Seraphine

Seraphine

Some strains are just more prone to herm. I usually get one or two plants that turn hermaphrodite per year. I don’t sweat over it. Sometimes I get a seed or two, sometimes I get a lot if I seriously stress a plant like I did when I accidentally put my plants into reveg because I bumped the light timer.

If it’s a reoccurring problem happening each grow, then I’d start to figure out what’s causing the stress.

ozarkgrey

ozarkgrey

Supporter
how many days into flower were you if you don't mind me asking? also as far a nutrient stress causing this, are we speaking about spikes in the PPM or a continuous high low thing ?

OG

detroitjoe

detroitjoe

hmmm....heat stress,light stress,food stress, temp stress,............................ wait for it...............................

what about genetics?

funny thing Last year, i purchased property and hidden inside was a stash of beans.

I added them into the cycle and I got males, females, and confused organisms.
Since I had no idea the nature of the beans, I put them on a 3 month run; veg for 1...bud for 2

They were hybrids; Grew tall and wide
Males showed sex within 2 weeks into flower
Females showed sex within 4 weeks into flower
Confused showed sex within 4 weeks into flower.

I ran those beans for 4 cycles ( almost a year from this post )

Each cycle was basically the same results no matter what i did.

The soil was steady, temps steady,light was steady,watering and feeding was steady. ( mind you I had 9 different strains running at the same time )

She was a great yielder, and a potent oily ( not sticky) sativa dominant bitch...with a light smell of fruits and deep green and red colors.

She produced great meds but her genetics were not stable...My point being is that did it ever occur to you that its the plant itself?

Post says you noticed it at 7 weeks into flower....from the image of her, shes maybe a 7 to 9 week flower

Think back when you switched to flower.

My experience in dealing with confused organisms:

Man-made errors usually show up within 2 weeks of switch...yours showing up much much later.

Breeding errors show up much later towards the end....one example is gg4.

Cdub97

Cdub97

It might be genetics for sure.

This plant (and all the clones I made from it) came from bag seed. Not just any bag seed but a professional legal medical grow. It was one of those stress produced self pollinated female seeds. So even the professional corporation grower before me had a little of this going on.

I’m guessing these genetics are kind of crap. Sucks because this plant was so easy to grow and it’s producing super dense looking tight colas. It’s a lot easier to grow that the Cookies strain I have alongside it. I can’t get it happy to save my life.

This is my first attempt at this particular plant so it’s a little unclear whether it’s 100% genetics or my newbie ness. Probably a mixture of both. I’m committed to the clones I took so I’ll take em all to finish. Time will tell if I need to dump these genetics of this keeps happening.

I don’t have bugs.

Cdub97

Cdub97

Just checked on it again and picked off about 3 more nanners I missed last night. I figure I removed 10 or so of them.

I don’t wanna kill it. It’s a gorgeous plant and I think I stressed it hard. I’m just gonna keep picking and try to get it through. I’m sure it’ll pollinate my other plants to some small degree but hopefully if I keep picking them off I’ll keep that to a minimum. The others are not doing fantastic either so...

FE6DFCFD 18EC 49A6 8E9D 1213A9A1AE0B
59EB99AB 2F3B 4DDF B33A D82858EDCA77
3C878BDE 296D 41C4 9437 3DC1C52758CE
2D72918F BCCC 4187 A16F 6CAD6A2036C8
57A33802 D741 4150 8F8B D2971C322D6E
goingtoguano

goingtoguano

Spritzing some water on the spot after plucking can help if any pollen leaks out. Water renders pollen useless.
I’ve had a plant explode in nanners late in flower and it sucks. Imho, it is most likely genetic and I would be done with that strain.

FourthCity

FourthCity

Spritzing some water on the spot after plucking can help if any pollen leaks out. Water renders pollen useless.
I’ve had a plant explode in nanners late in flower and it sucks. Imho, it is most likely genetic and I would be done with that strain.
I second the spritzing method, I wet my fingers too. I'd keep the plant, worst case scenario if there are a billion seeds just make some hash out of it, but I don't think it will be that bad.

detroitjoe

detroitjoe

This plant (and all the clones I made from it) came from bag seed. Not just any bag seed but a professional legal medical grow. It was one of those stress produced self pollinated female seeds. So even the professional corporation grower before me had a little of this going on.

I’m guessing these genetics are kind of crap. Sucks because this plant was so easy to grow and it’s producing super dense looking tight colas. It’s a lot easier to grow that the Cookies strain I have alongside it. I can’t get it happy to save my life.

This is my first attempt at this particular plant so it’s a little unclear whether it’s 100% genetics or my newbie ness. Probably a mixture of both. I’m committed to the clones I took so I’ll take em all to finish. Time will tell if I need to dump these genetics of this keeps happening.

I don’t have bugs.
Commercial growers dont care about anything other than the bottom line; which is PROFIT.
Think of all the farmers who supported monsanto. They didnt care about any human consuming there garbage fruit just as long as they paid their bills.
Medicinal Marijuana isnt any different.

The days of popping beans from bags is over.
Dont do it unless you intend to breed it out over time.

I dont support any dispensary unless its one that i personally have an interest in.

4plant

4plant

I don’t have bugs.

Sounds like you started with hermi seeds? Look closely at your other plants and if there’s no nanners but there are seeds, then your herm pollinate a true female and you successfully bred your own feminized seeds.

Cdub97

Cdub97

Sounds like you started with hermi seeds? Look closely at your other plants and if there’s no nanners but there are seeds, then your herm pollinate a true female and you successfully bred your own feminized seeds.

This must be why every other time I have gotten a very small amount of self pollinated seeds they always turn out female. I think that’s the case here too.

Top Bottom