new grower knows nothing!!! help

• Thread starter alexnewgrowr
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
A

alexnewgrowr

Yeah so ive never done this i germinated three seeds i alredy planted them in soil and they sprouted pretty quick, they all have two of the jagged leaves (ill try to incl. A pic) i live in a studio apt so not much room theyre pretty much by a window. I have a lamp that faces down at the plants, i just got a 1790 lumens 90 w hologen and a 100 w bulb but now i dont know wich one to use im lost...one mre thing when i did use the hologen i think a combo of the water and the heat was making steam, this is not good right? New grower knows nothing helpNew grower knows nothing help 2

urbanfog

urbanfog

a halogen bulb will do nothing but provide a lot of heat. Get yourself some "day light " CFL bulbs and surround your plant with them. Start reading in the beginner section about some basics (ie: watering, feeding, proper temps and humidity etc)
Search out "growing with CFL's" in the search bar.....You will find PLENTY of good info to get you going. The biggest thing I can say is relax, learn and dont over feed/over water. From there, you will be on your way

Good Luck
UF

A

alexnewgrowr

a halogen bulb will do nothing but provide a lot of heat. Get yourself some "day light " CFL bulbs and surround your plant with them. Start reading in the beginner section about some basics (ie: watering, feeding, proper temps and humidity etc)
Search out "growing with CFL's" in the search bar.....You will find PLENTY of good info to get you going. The biggest thing I can say is relax, learn and dont over feed/over water. From there, you will be on your way

Good Luck
UF
Ok thanks i took off the hologen and im now using the 90w house bulb i made a grow space in a book shelve looking thing and put up some foil all around the lamp and one piece on the lamp shade=reflector(no pics yet)like i said it is a studio so i cant have even the min of grow rooms just rigged, am i wasting my time? Ill check out your rec. also

Thanks
Alex

urbanfog

urbanfog

since you are space limited and learning, look into the "micro grow" section :d Lots of great stuff there, and you can scale up when you are ready. Also, if your 100w is just a incandenscent bulb, ditch that too and get 2-3 cfl maybe two in daylight or blue spectrum, and 1 red spectrum. Surround your plant with them, staying 2-3 inches from your plant.

namaste,
UF

FlyinJStable

FlyinJStable

Welcome to the farm
everyone is doing good if your growing for the grow of it
stick with it READ READ READ
the micro grow area is a great place to start as @urbanfog and @piehole stated
every one started somewhere.
Keep us posted Good Luck
FlyJ

A

alexnewgrowr

... And do NOT put more than one seed in each container...
Ok so i put 3. In 1,...one looked healthy nice green color strong stem but kept falling over anyway that ones gone....now 2 did i already fail? The container is big enough for the 2 right now figured i would just transplant later.

Alex

Dunge

Dunge

Ok so i put 3. In 1,...one looked healthy nice green color strong stem but kept falling over anyway that ones gone....now 2 did i already fail? The container is big enough for the 2 right now figured i would just transplant later.

Alex
Split them up into individual cups ASAP.
You can set them deep, covering the floppy stem, and help them stand up.
Sticks and pipe cleaners also help with structural support.

I too used a halogen lamp my first fall when forced by weather into the basement.
The farm corrected me quickly, and the plant survived through flower under a new 400 W HPS.

Good luck and happy farming.

SonOfDaMourning

SonOfDaMourning

Put the container under water and let the water seperate the roots from the soil by lightly massaging them delicately. Imo this is the safest less stressfull way.

sedate

sedate

Alex

Sorry man it doesn't work like that. The roots will grow together and they will compete for space until one kills the other.

Every new grower does this for some reason don't worry about it.

Start again. Get some plugs. Drop at least a dozen beans you will get some males.

Get some Hormex and some distilled water. Water your plugs.

Wait a week.

Read two books in the meantime.
http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_n...ltivation&rh=n:283155,k:marijauna+cultivation

A

alexnewgrowr

Ok farmers i split into two tupper bowls im still using the 90w 120 lumen bulb i found blue spec bulbs but not red should i get that while im looking for red? Fyi i went to ace is there a better place? Do i only water when dry....i cant seem to find the areas where these things are explained.

Nef420

Nef420

Get like 6 26 watt CFL'S and put them ont Top and around your plants. You should be good. Unless you get a shit load of them. Lol but at that point your better off with at least a 400 watt hps. I started with hella CFL'S and eventually got a 600 watt hps now I'm looking to get a 1000 watt one. Wooooo!!!!! You'll be fine don't stress too much your learning. Just don't give up. It's pretty fucking awesome to see them grow. But even better to smoke! Lol I'd seperate them put them in the red solo cups. Poke holes in the bottom for drainage. Get some good soil.

A

alexnewgrowr

Man, i appreciate all the feedback thanks to all but if i already moved them once should i really move them again for the dixie cup suggestion? Wouldnt that be to much shock... it is pretty cool watching them grow, lol. :cigar::blackalien::walkingdead:

Dunge

Dunge

Hefting the pot to feel for water content is one of the best tricks I picked up here in the early days.
The trick is to water them before they wilt but mostly dry.
It is said to encourage roots to stretch for water.
I think it works.
When you water a dry pot, do it in multiple additions, as the first gulp is likely to run through the pot until the soil expands a bit and captures water better.

Nef420

Nef420

Man, i appreciate all the feedback thanks to all but if i already moved them once should i really move them again for the dixie cup suggestion? Wouldnt that be to much shock... it is pretty cool watching them grow, lol. :cigar::blackalien::walkingdead:
I think they'd be fine. Better now than later in flower season. be really gentle when moving them. And I water every day or 2 depends on how hot it is. The hotter the more water your babies would drink. I check the soil when the top is too dry I water. I used to be scared on this. But just try every 2 days. Lol and pay attention to the plant. Youll get your feel to it lateer and know how much too water. I grew a plant with NOTHING but tap water never ph'd. Watering every 2 days. And it came out real nice! I lost my pictures for it but it was good just don't expect a lot. Lol.

A

alexnewgrowr

I forgot to ask about the drainage hole, is it necessary? I currently don't have any drainage

Nef420

Nef420

I forgot to ask about the drainage hole, is it necessary? I currently don't have any drainage
Id say. Fuck yea! Lol you want it to drain at least this is the way I was taught. Poke like three holes in the bottom the size of a pencil. And it can help u water as well you'll know you watered enough when it starts to come out the bottom. Through the holes.

Top Bottom