New Grower lookin for Help.

• Thread starter Madmusher89
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

Madmusher89

Hey whats up guys, Ive never gown any herbs outdoors and i'em lookin for help. I live In Ohio right by cleveland and right now Im just tryin to order soom good seeds to start. I was lookin at Gettin Fem. Durban Poison. You think this will be a good strain to start off with, and will grow good in Ohios crazy weather?

Let me know. Thanks

H

hererisssh

Premium Member
Supporter
Durban's a sativa right? I'd go for a nice fast indica if I was you. Figure on most decent indica doms finishing up in mid October. Can you grow any inside to clone?

M

Madmusher89

Yea it's a sativa, I was tryin to find somethin easy to grow and could live threw Ohios weather. Yea I was planing on growing them inside till they got to a foot or so and then move them babbies outside.

P

ProGroWannabe

One small suggestion for ya.....put a cage around them bitches! I lost some great plants this last summer because I tried to keep the vermin away by spraying with cayenne pepper. It worked for a little while. Then right after a rainy night, when I went to check on them and spray em down, they were gone. Rabbits had eaten them down to nothin but the last two inches or so of stalk.---Lesson learned! This spring I'll be buying rolls of fencing and "brushing" the fencing in with surrounding vegetation.

M

Madmusher89

yea, Im definitely goin to have a cage around them, I've also hurd of people using fishing line. I would hate to lose the little guys to some deer or somethin.

P

phoenix

Durban would be fine,she is an especially fast south african
sat that has been bred to finish early[8-9wks],or try something like early queen by shanti.
As far as deer go,i have no direct experience but have heard if u scent mark the site yourself it deters them,it sounds plausible but like i say i can't vouch for it 100%

J

jozka

Hey men Durban poison it's good idea but some phenos are to long in flowering time best durban heve Dutch passion seeds, for me was best Double fun from No Mercy Supply Seeds http://www.growshopalien.com/onlineshop/ she makes good weed in bad weather, no mold.
so the Shaman and Holland hope from Dutch passion are no bad...

Top Bottom