New grower looking for advice on bud density/yield

• Thread starter Littleturtle614
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Madbud

Madbud

That Miracle Gro has timed release food in it that is designed to last 6 months. You may have to very lightly supplement, but most likely not.
Watering is important. Just to be sure we are on the same page, have a quick read.
The Miraclegro seedling soil isn’t time release. I used it once, nice and fluffy, wasn’t bad at all.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Yeah, that was my next point. Your light. When MJ first started getting legal for medical, the lights started showing up. Blurples (Blue/Red only) were the first wave. They are awesome for vegetables but not the right light for cannabis.
I highly suggest a new light. And that light should be dimmable.
I have a Spider Farmer SF1000 and I think it's the perfect light for one or two plants. It has Blue, Red, White, and Green as well as some Far Red and a bit of UV, all of which give you much better grows.

Habosabin

Habosabin

I have FSG 600w full spectrum LED's. it currently costs 65.99 on amazon I'm pretty sure.
This is your problem on bud density. 40w a sf would do you good.

I just looked it up. I think it has 185w which is better than I thought but I don't know much about blurples. The full spectrum white LEDs kick ass at 150w.

Also, are you letting your buds mature all the way? That makes a big difference.

Last edited:
mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

I

just was using them to start getting some experience in growing everyone said they were a lot easier, are you saying I should just get fem seeds?
There is nothing difficult about photoperiod plants if you can control your light and dark periods, which the proud owner of a tent can do. You have a much larger variety of strains to choose from and have much more control over the plant, itself.

If you can control light/dark, I can think of no benefit for using autos. I can't believe they're as popular as they are, quite frankly. So yes, I think you'd be better off with photoperiod plants, whether they're fems or not.

Moshmen

Moshmen

Bud density seems to depend on genetics + light. With a 600W LED, it sounds like you have the light, so that leaves genetics.

I can't recommend any autos, because I've never grown any. Since you have a tent and can control light and dark periods, why do you only want to grow autos?
What kind of 600 watt led ?

Moshmen

Moshmen

That Miracle Gro has timed release food in it that is designed to last 6 months. You may have to very lightly supplement, but most likely not.
Watering is important. Just to be sure we are on the same page, have a quick read.
Get rid of the miracle grow especially for autos.

Moshmen

Moshmen

There is nothing difficult about photoperiod plants if you can control your light and dark periods, which the proud owner of a tent can do. You have a much larger variety of strains to choose from and have much more control over the plant, itself.

If you can control light/dark, I can think of no benefit for using autos. I can't believe they're as popular as they are, quite frankly. So yes, I think you'd be better off with photoperiod plants, whether they're fems or not.
They are popular from marketing for sure but once you get the hang of them they have a place in my garden - that being said yes photos are easier . IMO

Madbud

Madbud

Never tried autos but if they can take 18/6 or 24/0 lighting in flower then i see a big advantage. Light makes trichs.

Top Bottom