New grower looking for advice

• Thread starter Lion1
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
L

Lion1

Hey what’s up I’m a new grower looking for advice on my grows, my plants and looking like they’re not having the greatest time I have some pics of them. Would appreciate any help and advice I can receive

New grower looking for advice
New grower looking for advice 2
New grower looking for advice 3
Zombierider

Zombierider

Here's my 2c: Starting from seed is the way to go, plants started from seed are generally hardier than clones. Secondly, those girls look like they have some issues so if I were you I would start over with some feminized seeds in coco and get yourself some General Hydro Flora series 3 part nutrients and some calimagic, also gonna wanna pick up a ph pen and a EC pen. Growing in coco is a cool way to grow cuz it really speeds up the veg time. and is really easy if you follow a few fundamental rules. That link sent by @mysticepipedon is REALLY good info. Also feel free to ask LOTS of questions on here cuz there are plenty of awesome growers willing to help out @PerfecTrader @CannaGranny @Aqua Man @Cashmeh etc. Goodluck and Happy Growing!!!

RonnieB2nd

RonnieB2nd

As a new grower. Start with seeds and auto flowers. In my opinion the indica dominant autos and photos are far more forgiving than sativa dominant plants. Sativa is very finicky and can be difficult. Your pictures look sativa as they get too. I could be wrong but they look very sativa. My advice is indica dominant strains until you get the feel for basic growing and training. This hobby can piss you off enough to quit growing if you're not careful. An easy growing forgiving plant will help you hone your skills without total losses or really screwed up plants. I personally pop seeds in jiffy pellets xl about 1/8 th of an inch under the soil in a warm dark space until the are up. Then post asking what to do next. Because you'll have to deal with helmet head seedlings a lot.

Last edited:
Zombierider

Zombierider

both the methods above are great but waaay to complicated for a new grower to grasp..
use a medium with ph buffers and only feed organic nutrients like gaia green..
nothing easier than that..
i did coco and gh flora 6 part my 1st time and did aight. Soil is traditionally seen as easier than hydro, but ive read its not so clear cut. Ive read its actually a bit more difficult to fix some deficincies and/or cater to specific genetics in soil vs coco/hydro. Like in coco if i see a problem that isnt environment related, its 9 times out of 10 either im not watering enough or the PH/EC is too high/low. In soil it could be a uranium-boron deficincy from mars and you need to find a plant medium to find out wtf is wrong with it lmfao. Seriously though if you read

www.cocoforcannabis.com/principles-fertigation-feed-water-cannabis-coco/#:~:text=It%20is%20possible%20to%20practice,once%20or%20twice%20daily%20fertigations

and still think coco is confusing then i say go soil. End of the day its like riding a harley vs riding a sport bike. You get there just the same, but one way is quicker and ya gotta be more careful :D.

virginiaponics

virginiaponics

you have a huge list of problems here, starting with bugs, ending with humidity. Get your vpd to .9/1 in veg (dome your seedlings/clones) and start using SNS 209 in veg as a root drench or leaf foilar, probably both here

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
i did coco and gh flora 6 part my 1st time and did aight. Soil is traditionally seen as easier than hydro, but ive read its not so clear cut. Ive read its actually a bit more difficult to fix some deficincies and/or cater to specific genetics in soil vs coco/hydro. Like in coco if i see a problem that isnt environment related, its 9 times out of 10 either im not watering enough or the PH/EC is too high/low. In soil it could be a uranium-boron deficincy from mars and you need to find a plant medium to find out wtf is wrong with it lmfao. Seriously though if you read

www.cocoforcannabis.com/principles-fertigation-feed-water-cannabis-coco/#:~:text=It%20is%20possible%20to%20practice,once%20or%20twice%20daily%20fertigations

and still think coco is confusing then i say go soil. End of the day its like riding a harley vs riding a sport bike. You get there just the same, but one way is quicker and ya gotta be more careful :D.
ya the grower will definitely need guidance if going that way for everything.,
i meant soilless-promix hp, amended with gaia green..

strider26554

strider26554

both the methods above are great but waaay to complicated for a new grower to grasp..
use a medium with ph buffers and only feed organic nutrients like gaia green..
nothing easier than that..
Grabs a handful of dirt and runs to the nearest hilltop----shouts-----dirt!!!!!,,,,grow in dirt first!!!! first time grower, grow in dirt..ill bet you could dig up whats in your yard and have an easier time growing than with coco, or even hydro..... dirt,,its for growing things.

Zombierider

Zombierider

Thanks everyone really appreciate it, but I gna try my best to recover these bad boys 🫡
We can only suggest and its up to you to decide what to do next. Good luck with the clone, consider seeds next time cuz they are fun!

Zombierider

Zombierider

Oh also I forgot, what exactly is it called that’s happening to the plant ?
Whats happening? Could be many things like root rot, too much light or too little light, soil too rich in nutrients or not rich enough, clone was taken during the wrong lunar phase, it could have a virus in which case it will never recover without tissue culture, etc. Point is its beyond saving because the problems it has would take too long to fix, compared to just planting a new seed and flipping it to flower in 2-4 weeks. Just follow the advice of the people on here, and ask questions and we will help you through it. Fyi its a good ballpark to aim for 75 degrees, 55 percent humidity pretty much the whole way from seed to harvest ;).

RonnieB2nd

RonnieB2nd

Hey what’s up I’m a new grower looking for advice on my grows, my plants and looking like they’re not having the greatest time I have some pics of them. Would appreciate any help and advice I can receive
Check your messages..LMK if I can help

Top Bottom