New Grower, Mildew Questions at Harvest

• Thread starter PilsBaguette
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
PilsBaguette

PilsBaguette

It’s not trashed. Do the lemon/baking soda then H2O2 then plain water wash. Use tepid water. And very important if it as soon as you harvest. If you wait and it starts to dry it’ll return your buds dark brown and the taste will suffer.

But don’t over react and start throwing it in the blast pile. Give the wash a try.
Will do, Bob. I have 2 more plants that are a bit behind and showing some signs of powder mildew on the fan leaves, I'll give the wash a try when I harvest. As long as the wash gets rid of the mildew and isn't soluble for the thc, then I guess we could be in business.

I'm assuming it all evaporates off, but using hydrogen peroxide is safe? No residues? I didn't get A's in chem 20 years ago.

PizzaBob

PizzaBob

Will do, Bob. I have 2 more plants that are a bit behind and showing some signs of powder mildew on the fan leaves, I'll give the wash a try when I harvest. As long as the wash gets rid of the mildew and isn't soluble for the thc, then I guess we could be in business.

I'm assuming it all evaporates off, but using hydrogen peroxide is safe? No residues? I didn't get A's in chem 20 years ago.
In its purest form it’s just water w an extra oxygen atom. You can buy food grade that’s around 35% at some health food store. The one near me stopped selling by the gallon so it’s a bit expensive at 20 a pint vs 35 a gallon. But a pint should be plenty. If you get tech grade at grow store you can do a rinse w plain water after the H2O2 wash.

PizzaBob

PizzaBob

Try spraying the leaves now w H2O2. My buddy just said it works better than anything else he tried this late in flower. It goes diminish smell and taste but not as much as full wash AND it kills now so less at harvest.

PilsBaguette

PilsBaguette

Try spraying the leaves now w H2O2. My buddy just said it works better than anything else he tried this late in flower. It goes diminish smell and taste but not as much as full wash AND it kills now so less at harvest.
I picked and trimmed about half of a plant today and gave the stems a 3 part bath of soda/water, lemon juice, h2o2 and water, and a rinse bucket. Pleased with the results so far. This plant had only small patches of mildew on the larger fan leaves, the bud looks pristine, so it should be high quality and smokable :D

Appreciate the advice you guys shared in this thread.

PilsBaguette

PilsBaguette

I would never smoke something with that kind of PM spores in it. Even if you wash it the PM spores will stick to the Trichs.

The bud in those pictures will be used in edibles, I imagine the extraction and baking process will kill any spores... I've read anything over 90 degrees will do the trick.

Last edited:
PizzaBob

PizzaBob

I reckon if ur worried about pm spores on bud that’s been washed with the aforementioned process then you shouldn’t smoke anything at all. Just saying.

Top Bottom