New Grower - Mistakes have been made!

• Thread starter SeanyBoy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
SeanyBoy

SeanyBoy

Hey I'm Sean. First time grower ( please be gentle).

So I purchased a grow tent kit from ebay, yes first mistake.

Once I germinated my seeds 3 QUICK ONE autoflower from Royal Queen Seeds via the wet towel method I planted them into some Canna Terra Pro. I quickly realised that the supplied LED light was junk. The seedlings were becoming long and stringy after about a weeks growth. So I purchased a new LED light from Amazon, this didn't turn up for a week so in the meantime I stuck my plants outside in the British Sun.

The new LED turned up and I set it up a Phlizon 1800 w, that draws 285 w from the wall. I scooped out my seedlings and dug down a little further into the medium and gently replanted them, so they would support themselves. I planted the germinated seeds on June 1st.

I then went on to mess the PH in the water. I PH'd the water then added my nutrients - yes I'm a dick head I know.

I seem to have small plants? I'm surprised they're alive to be honest. I also have some issue with some leaves ( photos below).

Any advice for me please? I've been using Biobizz grow, some CAL MAG, and one dosage of Biobizz bloom. I have also been using PH down. Half dosage on all. Light schedule is 18/6.

I bought a cheap PH meter from Amazon, so I'm not sure on how accurate its been. Around 6.5 after nutrients are added and left to stand for 24 hours in a watering can.

Do I need to buy an Aquarium pump to dissolve some oxygen into the water please?

How about CO2 bag in the tent? Is that really needed ( for my next grow maybe)

I've not been messing with PPM as I haven't got a meter for it. Baby steps, that's for the next grow.

Thanks for taking the time to read this post.
New grower   mistakes have been made
New grower   mistakes have been made 2
New grower   mistakes have been made 3
New grower   mistakes have been made 4
New grower   mistakes have been made 5
New grower   mistakes have been made 6
New grower   mistakes have been made 7
New grower   mistakes have been made 8
New grower   mistakes have been made 9
New grower   mistakes have been made 10
New grower   mistakes have been made 11
New grower   mistakes have been made 11
New grower   mistakes have been made 12
New grower   mistakes have been made 13
New grower   mistakes have been made 14
New grower   mistakes have been made 15

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Welcome! Plants look pretty good keep it up ! No CO2, no aquarium pump, I forgot the rest of the ? Lol Oh, PPM metre very important!! I use mine 10 to 1 over the pH metre believe me! Only 10 bucks, the dark blue cap & lighter blue body type are the best cheapos IMO good luck!

SeanyBoy

SeanyBoy

Welcome! Plants look pretty good keep it up ! No CO2, no aquarium pump, I forgot the rest of the ? Lol Oh, PPM metre very important!! I use mine 10 to 1 over the pH metre believe me! Only 10 bucks, the dark blue cap & lighter blue body type are the best cheapos IMO good luck!
OK thanks, I'll grab one from Amazon and swat up on YouTube on how to use them etc. Have a good one.

SeanyBoy

SeanyBoy

Hey guys an update on my grow. Week 6, no mad stink yet but I can smell it briefly when I open the tent up.

I'm rather pleased to be honest , not the best plant specimens admittedly but it's my first grow so happy days. Largest plant being around 19 Inches tall / 50 CM.

How much more on the grow do you think I have , maybe 4 weeks ?

IMG 20200705 043844793
IMG 20200705 044047514

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
this an auto flower or feminized?
looks more like 2 months to go.

SeanyBoy

SeanyBoy

well still a ways to go, 7-9 weeks.
Oh that's surprising really as I thought autos died after "X" amount of time. Its good news tho as I really want a maxium yield from my plants. Thanks.

Top Bottom