New grower need advice.... ASAP

• Thread starter Weezy55
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
2Bad

2Bad

The leaves are soft. This is constant over watering.

Get a soil probe for moisture.

Read these;
Basic Watering

Watering SOIL
he said some are soft and some are not soft *

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Learning new shit here, ty bro. So many issues and possibilities, so if their remotely soft its over but noticably dry and crunchy is under water. *noted*
It's not just that.
When you over water, the leaves hang droopy looking just like the picture because they can not support the weight of all the water they contain.
Over watering all the time causes root rot because the roots need oxygen also. (This is why we use fabric pots) If the roots do not get enough O2 then they begin to die off and rot.
Once this starts, the plant will start having mixed signs in different places. Root rot can and often does, look like any other issue.
this is likely why there are some wet and some not wet leaves.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Over watered means too much too often. Not too much at once.

GreenMtnGuru

GreenMtnGuru

Buy more soil. And a bag of perlite.

Plant new seed in solo cup of soil and perlite.

Read THCFarmer religiously over the next fortnight. Dig deep.

Transplant from solo cup to larger container full of soil and perlite.

Bam!!! Problem solved.

strider26554

strider26554

How does she look to you more advanced growers I'm a rookie in this game I need input pls help
I grow in 5 gal buckets myself, my profile pic is one from this year, that plant is overwatered or underwatered, cant tell which because i don t know soil conditions/schedule, if the medium is bone dry water it, but first tilt that girl on her side, slide the rootball out and very gently resoil re-pot her and fill that bucket ALL the way up, she's just started flowering but that shouldnt matter, make sure you have more open space than bucket on the bottom, i leave just enough plastic so the plant wont fall out, i just drill the hell out of it and add some gravel or small stone in the bottom,just an inch or soomeone else already mentioned the moisture meter, but i use the lift method, you can tell when its dry.

Narsbars

Narsbars

I grow in 5 gal buckets myself, my profile pic is one from this year, that plant is overwatered or underwatered, cant tell which because i don t know soil conditions/schedule, if the medium is bone dry water it, but first tilt that girl on her side, slide the rootball out and very gently resoil re-pot her and fill that bucket ALL the way up, she's just started flowering but that shouldn't matter, make sure you have more open space than bucket on the bottom, i leave just enough plastic so the plant wont fall out, i just drill the hell out of it and add some gravel or small stone in the bottom, just an inch or someone else already mentioned the moisture meter, but i use the lift method, you can tell when its dry.
Agreed. I also grow in 5 gal buckets, FF Ocean Forest with 30 to 40% added perlite by volume. This creates a light soil that drains easily but does not hold massive amounts of water. Without knowing the soil you cannot guess whether it is over or under watered. If underwatered the leaves do not get crunchy immediately it goes in stages. First the droop and then with continued drought you get the crunchies. I am growing in a low humidity, (55%), negative pressure environment to eliminate PM and other molds. I monitor tent humidity a couple inches above the soil remotely and when the humidity drops from the usual 55% I realize I am neglecting the plants. Sometimes if I forget for a few hours to check there is exactly the droop in your picture. A good watering and they return to healthy if it hasn't been too long.

Top Bottom