New grower, need some help (females pollinated)

• Thread starter Gregzoid
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Gregzoid

Gregzoid

Hey guys I recently got into growing my own autoflowers (autos cause they're easier) to smoke later but I'm on my 2nd attempt now and I'm going to end up with the same problem as the first time.

The first time my female plants ended up with like 50 seeds each. Hermie because too much stress I thought after googling a bit.

Fast forward to now, where I'm on a new set of autoflowers and they've been flowering for a few weeks now, I'm not doing any LST just leaving them alone so they wouldn't become hermie again from too much stress.
Today I saw little balls growing above the armpits and got scared and started googling. They don't look like male pollen sacs cause they have those hairs coming from it.
Apparently they are called calyx or bract (google tells me 2 different things) and it's where the seeds come from. I have 3 female autoflowers in my tent, all 3 have these calyxes/bracts some with brown hairs already and I pulled open a few and it looks like immature seeds inside.

So my question is, is this indeed an immature seeds and are my plants full of seeds again like my first try?
I spend a lot of time staring at them and I have never ever seen a male pollen sac on any plant yet somehow all my plants get pollinated.

Thanks a lot for any advice... I'm really sad atm this was going to be a fun hobby but I guess not for me.

New grower need some help females pollinated
New grower need some help females pollinated 2
New grower need some help females pollinated 3
Madmax

Madmax

Welcome to the farm mate..can you show pics of the flowers..looks like your going to have seeds..any nanners
(Yellow bits that look like minature bunch of bananas on the plant)

You got me laughing with the balls above the armpits lol..

Gregzoid

Gregzoid

Any specific angle you wanna see or something? I've been looking for bananas or similar stuff that could belong to a male but I really cannot find anything other than those filled seed sacks with hairs coming out.

Edit: How long can male pollon survive in a tent? Maybe some leftover pollen was still hanging in the tent from the previous try?

119743550 324001198659344 492750555404649103 n
Last edited:
Madmax

Madmax

Nar not really... just wanted to see how poddy the buds are..it might b okay..not much you can really do right now hey.id just let her go and see how she is in another week or 2 .

Im not 100% sure but pollen would only hang around a week id say..some more experienced growers might help you on that one..👍

Latest posts

Top Bottom