New grower needs help diagnosing.

• Thread starter Icon99
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Icon99

Icon99

What is this indicating? Had a magnesium deficiency and flushed the soil and sprayed with some water with a tbls of epson salt. Plant looked drastically better. Then next watering followed with 2ml of dynabloom in 1.5 gallon of water and these spots started forming. What are they? Soil ph is around 6.4 in happy frog. humidity kept at 50 and temp at 72 under a mars hydro 600. The light gives it a yellowish look. Thanks.

New grower needs help diagnosing
New grower needs help diagnosing 2
New grower needs help diagnosing 3
Marzcanna

Marzcanna

I might be wrong on this and might not apply to your situation and therefore we will wait for someone with a better answer but it's said that Epson salts can cause a lockout on calcium. How true that is I'm not sure. But it's known that too much calcium has a negitive effect on magnesium and vice versa. Im keen to hear other suggestions. Root problems can also cause a couple of issues

chemistry

chemistry

What PPM's are you feeding? And have you had a look at your roots, you have good leaves and bad, so this is not an on going problem, so what have you changed to force your plants off course?

Icon99

Icon99

What PPM's are you feeding? And have you had a look at your roots, you have good leaves and bad, so this is not an on going problem, so what have you changed to force your plants off course?
I don't have ppm. The roots are a milky white color. I've fed 2.5ml of dynabloom and a little calmag mixed in and then the leaves started showing signs of magnesium according to diagnostic chart. I flushed to be safe andSprayed with a epson salt mix and that went away.Flushed with 3 gallons of water and gave a tiny bit of calmag and even smaller dose of bloom and then this slowly started forming.

Ghosttrainx

Ghosttrainx

Looks like light burn from to much potassium drop ph down to 5.8 and water temp 19 to 24 c and if u spray plant feed lower ec as when u spray it spits a lot of waste back in pot

Icon99

Icon99

Looks like light burn from to much potassium drop ph down to 5.8 and water temp 19 to 24 c and if u spray plant feed lower ec as when u spray it spits a lot of waste back in pot

I'll check the ppm/ec next watering tommorrow . Got a meter with a zero water filter. Idk how accurate these cheap soil tests are but I tried them and here are the results.

20210123 130236
ezenzyme

ezenzyme

Yes epsom salts can cause issues and you would be well off reading up, calcium is really immobile and mg is super mobile read this first;
then read this;

Also, how far down the plant is this happening and where on the plant is it the most dramatic? I would hit em with some Ca, but not cal mag. Think bone meal... And if you really want to know whats going on a PPM meter will run around 100 bones and will be moneys very well spend, dont cheap out buy the nice one, i have a blue lab and get years outta them before they get funk, and a digital PH meter is much cheaper but still a worthy investment.....

Ghosttrainx

Ghosttrainx

I'll check the ppm/ec next watering tommorrow . Got a meter with a zero water filter. Idk how accurate these cheap soil tests are but I tried them and here are the results.
Get sum trace elements will fix all deficiencies and check drainage is not blocked

Icon99

Icon99

Yes epsom salts can cause issues and you would be well off reading up, calcium is really immobile and mg is super mobile read this first;
then read this;

Also, how far down the plant is this happening and where on the plant is it the most dramatic? I would hit em with some Ca, but not cal mag. Think bone meal... And if you really want to know whats going on a PPM meter will run around 100 bones and will be moneys very well spend, dont cheap out buy the nice one, i have a blue lab and get years outta them before they get funk, and a digital PH meter is much cheaper but still a worthy investment.....
I'll consider getting a more high end one for sure. I'm having quite a few leaves fall off on the lower parts after turning slight yellow and drooping. So far the top l
then read this;

Ppm of water+ molasses and dynagro protect was around 219. Run off was around 215 from a stream leaking out the fabric pot a little over halfway down. I definitely have alot of lower leaves coming off. I also should soon be receiving a bottle of mycorrhizae. Hoping that will help get things back healthy.

Last edited:
ezenzyme

ezenzyme

I would recommend checking out some rock dusts and adding green sand to your next mix. Some basalt from Rockdustlocal would do the trick, but these solutions are long term and for your next mix. Also using some Calcium carbonate or lime would add calcium and stabilize your PH

Ghosttrainx

Ghosttrainx

Reccomend one?
Just go to garden centre and get a power one from there and add a couple scoops.. check run off ppm and water temp of feed 19 to 24 c and try to lower room temp under 30c 👻🚂✊as my day room is doing it from heat and I would not use molasses till pull time as sugars in pot rot roots so put at then end to make buds sticky and sweet

Icon99

Icon99

I would recommend checking out some rock dusts and adding green sand to your next mix. Some basalt from Rockdustlocal would do the trick, but these solutions are long term and for your next mix. Also using some Calcium carbonate or lime would add calcium and stabilize your PH
I'll buy some lime dolomite from the farming equipment store later.
Get sum trace elements will fix all deficiencies and check drainage is not blocked
I ordered foxfarms big bloom and tiger bloom with expedited shipping. Should arrive Wednesday;(

Icon99

Icon99

Meanwhile noticed this after checking it this afternoon. Lower leaves fall off very easily. Tips on several leaves forming dark brown areas that show as a grayish color under flashlight

20210125 173023
Ghosttrainx

Ghosttrainx

Could be from fan blowing on it and your ppm TDS is to hi so flush till it's ready 1.2 ppm on run off

Moshmen

Moshmen

Really need whole plant pics - and you really need a ppm meter ! Not a dyna grow user but I think you would be better off with a well rounded 1 part to use all the way they.

lime will not help at this stage it is a slow acting and you won’t see any affects for a couple weeks

not sure what you came up with for ph but she sure seems locked up

Icon99

Icon99

Grew very aggressively in veg and caught me off guard with a quick growth spurt even before flowering. Will definitely not veg longer next time.

20210125 194929
20210125 194912
20210125 194904
20210125 194901
20210125 194858
20210125 194741
20210125 194937
20210125 194929
20210125 194912
20210125 194904
20210125 194901
Moshmen

Moshmen

To close to light, need some air movement down lower IMO , and looks dry? When’s last watering / do u give ample dry time?

don’t pull the leaves. They will fall off when touched when all used up. She will make it to the end

Latest posts

Top Bottom