New grower needs some answers

• Thread starter zeddit
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Z

zeddit

Do i spray all the leaves or only the ones affected and is it going to damage the leaf with the cracks?

Edinburgh

Edinburgh

If u think its pests use de earth, cheap organic and will kill any bug with an exoskeleton, its powder so u must keep your top soil dry, sprinkle dust around plant, leave 72 hours light flush and check ph, you can lighley dust your fans useing a balled up piece of tissue paper.

LoganatorDude

LoganatorDude

Diatomaceous Earth is excellent for plant and human friendly bug warfare! Also I use this diluted neem spray that also contains pyrethrins. I I’ve easily saturated parts of the plant by overlapping whilst misting entire plant, yet no burns were noticed. I think if you purchase a branded solution where the neem concentrations are diluted appropriately, you shouldn’t have to worry about burns. Just don’t spray under the intensity of the sun to be safe.

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Diatomaceous Earth is excellent for plant and human friendly bug warfare! Also I use this diluted neem spray that also contains pyrethrins. I I’ve easily saturated parts of the plant by overlapping whilst misting entire plant, yet no burns were noticed. I think if you purchase a branded solution where the neem concentrations are diluted appropriately, you shouldn’t have to worry about burns. Just don’t spray under the intensity of the sun to be safe.
disagree; OP, spray both sides of the leaves very well, especially underneath the leaves where they tend to live and lay eggs

LoganatorDude

LoganatorDude

Might have misunderstood, the thing about neem is kinda been starting to see more and more people, especially new Growers frying plants with neem oil, and in general I don't think it's the best product for the job but this of course would be a matter of opinion, good luck!
I don’t know why but after a neem spray (up to a week after) any bug that lands on the plant will eventually bleed to death. I’ve noticed at one point lots of moths in the area, and often would they land on my plants... later I see dead moths all over and blood splotches everywhere! I know it’s moth blood. Because whenever they would fly around and hit the walls at night, they would leave brownish liquid marks. Even I would find bugs just leaving blood on the leaves! I thought there was some kind of burn until I licked my finger and easily wiped it off. My only guess is the leaves absorb the neem oil and somehow the oil remains present on the surface of the leaf. I’ve heard of people claiming neem oil clogging their leaves as well as burning, but I find it so effective with just a top down application. I’ve completely drenched some plants in neem with no problems.
I’m NOT by any means trying to argue or prove something. Just merely posting my anecdotes.
I truly feel so bad when people loose a plant to neem, but I don’t understand as I can over apply neem without any problem. It might be that neem is not meant for underside application, in which case a pyrethrum or something would be much more appropriate. Interestingly enough, with only top side application of neem, I’ve not had any issues with eggs or anything under the leaves. I do get lots of bug blood however! Ahah

Edit: Also after I’ve been hearing of adverse reactions from neem, I’m probably going to stop using it or maybe only in extreme cases would I use it. I don’t know why it’s burned people plants and not mine but I’m thinking of just cutting out the risk all together.

Last edited:
Top Bottom