New grower | Questions of how to go about feeding and changing water in a DWC setup.

• Thread starter Bukk
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Bukk

Bukk

Hello everyone! I'm new to growing so any info would be much appreciated!

I'm following the nutrient feeding schedule from the YouTube channel "From Seed to Stoned" for my DWC, clay pebble medium setup. I have just finished the 1st week from when I added week 1 nutrients: 2mL Cal-Mag, 1 mL Micro, 1 mL Gro, 0.5 mL Bloom, all per 1 Gal of water in system.

I should now be entering the feed for week 2-4 which is 2 mL Cal-Mag, 2.5 mL Micro, 2.5 mL Gro, and 1 mL of Bloom. How should I go about adding nutrients to the system? Do I drain all the water completely and add fresh new water; then add the correct amount of nutrients for week 2? I read that completely draining and adding new may shock the plants.

Cashmeh

Cashmeh

You need a ppm meter that you can calibrate. You need a ph meter you can calibrate. You need ppm and ph calibration solution.

Light leaks will be your biggest problem. Shut your lights off in tent, put flashlight in bucket, make sure no light escapes. Light leaks cause root rot.

As for feeding, your ratios are good but use half what they say. Also get you some distilled or ro water. I'm sure your mixing it too strong and would need to dilute. Very hard to dilute with high ppm tap water.

And finnaly, keep your ppms under 500 for veg and under 1000 for flower. I like 400ppm veg and 800ppm flower.

As for water, top off until you have put the amount that you started with in. 4 gallons usually in a Dwc, so once u add 4 gallons of water with nutrients you usually dump 90% and make a new batch. I never dump all the water.

I have testing strips for NPK. So I know if it needs more n, p or K.

Latest posts

Top Bottom