New grower risking auto with LST xD

• Thread starter hermes.farmer420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
H

hermes.farmer420

Hey guys! I'm new here and growing first time. I got so excited to do something with the plants that made some wrong HST in the beginning but the girls recovered. Growing 2 Royal criticals auto e 2 northern lights auto and trying LST on them. Can you tell if that's the right way to do it and how is looking their health? Tks a lot, any tips are very welcome

New grower risking auto with lst xd
New grower risking auto with lst xd 2
H

hermes.farmer420

Welcome to the farm !
I just started my first Autos so not much help, but looking good from here . 👍
Cool! These are my first ever. I was suppose to do outdoor that's why started with autos, then sun wasn't enough i bought apparel for indoor. Growing in 60x60x140 that's why I believe LST will.be necessary

Choppr

Choppr

Ive topped, cropped, lst/hst autos, if done early/correctly they arent even fazed...good genetics matter..good luck M8

H

hermes.farmer420

Ive topped, cropped, lst/hst autos, if done early/correctly they arent even fazed...good genetics matter..good luck M8
It's great to know! They are royal queen seeds, as it's my first grow can't tell if things go wrong it's me or genetics xD, but saw really good reviews about them online

quirk

quirk

I begin LST when I get a mature 5th node by removing under 4 and breaking apical dominance. Then I separate and tie down nodes around the pot throughout the grow to get the anatomy you see in the picture.
Auto Blueberry Domina.

BeginLST
Day 13
H

hermes.farmer420

I begin LST when I get a mature 5th node by removing under 4 and breaking apical dominance. Then I separate and tie down nodes around the pot throughout the grow to get the anatomy you see in the picture.
Auto Blueberry Domina.
Auto Blueberry Domina.
Looks great!! Congrats 👏

Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
I’m in my first grow doing autos as well I LST’d the 3 taller plants before I left for work today, all just on their 5th node so I said screw it and just went for it lol, guess we shall see how it goes good luck! I feel like I started a bit early, but hey… I had time to do it carefully so… 😁

34339A3E 9CEA 4C4E AAC7 7880367A8597
6DC80AD2 0077 473B B55B DF4AF6E10B6C
B4F95724 C764 4452 B003 2378C8F8E0A2
FF1C5760 96C9 4697 AE7B 278E7D35B2E6
H

hermes.farmer420

I’m in my first grow doing autos as well I LST’d the 3 taller plants before I left for work today, all just on their 5th node so I said screw it and just went for it lol, guess we shall see how it goes good luck! I feel like I started a bit early, but hey… I had time to do it carefully so… 😁
Really nice! Thanks for sharing your experience. If possible keep updating for we can improve together. I'm honestly afraid of doing wrong, but I'll keep it going

20220508 134355
20220508 134344
20220508 134339
20220508 134334
20220508 134312
20220508 134251
20220508 134241
20220508 134234
20220508 134226
TrichomeLicker

TrichomeLicker

Your plants look alright,not sure what light you are using but the plants do look like they could use a bit more light or better lighting.

What kind of light are you using?? And what height is it set at above the top of plants?

H

hermes.farmer420

Your plants look alright,not sure what light you are using but the plants do look like they could use a bit more light or better lighting.

What kind of light are you using?? And what height is it set at above the top of plants?
The light is a LED 50w with reflector and it's around 60cm over then. Exactly in the fan's top height. Should I change it?

TrichomeLicker

TrichomeLicker

The light is a LED 50w with reflector and it's around 60cm over then. Exactly in the fan's top height. Should I change it?
Hard to tell the exact size of your tent...is it a 2x2 foot?? If so or if its bigger than that,you definitely could use more lighting. A 2x2 tent is 4 square feet and I would want at least 30 to 40w per square foot(120 to 160watts total),your plants will definitely turn out better.

I would also keep your lights closer to the plants. When I have plants at your stage,I usually have the lights about 40cm above.

Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
Really nice! Thanks for sharing your experience. If possible keep updating for we can improve together. I'm honestly afraid of doing wrong, but I'll keep it going
Your bends look good to me almost identical to mine, in just 24 hours I’m seeing new growth coming up and I had to pull the tops down again they already turned back up and we’re starting to cover lower nodes lol if it continues at this rate I’ll have to add more tomorrow my plants are only 18 days old from sprout but I figured I’d start as early as I could safely pull them over

This is after I pulled the tops down again 24 hours after the start gotta wait on top the 2 outside ones are growing shorter I’ll give them another day or 2 till they get to about 6” tall, middle one is a gorilla glue about a week younger

8A316E29 CAC0 4284 90D6 AF8942D0E13F
H

hermes.farmer420

Hard to tell the exact size of your tent...is it a 2x2 foot?? If so or if its bigger than that,you definitely could use more lighting. A 2x2 tent is 4 square feet and I would want at least 30 to 40w per square foot(120 to 160watts total),your plants will definitely turn out better.

I would also keep your lights closer to the plants. When I have plants at your stage,I usually have the lights about 40cm abve
I will put them in this distance! Thank you very much for the tip. Idk the size in inch and ft.. but it's 60cmx60cmx140cm. The store i bought said this lamp should be enough

H

hermes.farmer420

Your bends look good to me almost identical to mine, in just 24 hours I’m seeing new growth coming up and I had to pull the tops down again they already turned back up and we’re starting to cover lower nodes lol if it continues at this rate I’ll have to add more tomorrow my plants are only 18 days old from sprout but I figured I’d start as early as I could safely pull them over

This is after I pulled the tops down again 24 hours after the start gotta wait on top the 2 outside ones are growing shorter I’ll give them another day or 2 till they get to about 6” tall, middle one is a gorilla glue about a week younger

For 18 days they are in really good size and shape, congratulations! What is confusing me is where to tie the top now. They are too big and this are 7lt pots. Should I just let them grow now? I'm also considering giving one of the plants to a friend and have space for 3 grow comfortable. I have 2 tents 60cmx60cmx140cm- one for veg and one for bloom. When the autos decide it's time to flower I'll migrate them xD

TrichomeLicker

TrichomeLicker

I will put them in this distance! Thank you very much for the tip. Idk the size in inch and ft.. but it's 60cmx60cmx140cm. The store i bought said this lamp should be enough
Ya your tent size definitely needs more light than that,it will benefit you and your plants greatly. In your space i would have at least 100watt minimum and anywhere up to 160watts. You will get bigger, leafier plants and bigger buds

steamroller

steamroller

I agree you could benefit increasing your light if possible .
I am enjoying watching you twist them .Mine just popped out of the soil so I am following with great interest .

H

hermes.farmer420

I agree you could benefit increasing your light if possible .
I am enjoying watching you twist them .Mine just popped out of the soil so I am following with great interest .
Unfortunately for this season I can't go harder on the light, still.have to invest in very essential stuff. Bringing it closer to the might be enough for now, don't u think?

H

hermes.farmer420

I am grateful for all the comments and help, you really help me to keep it up. Do you have any recommendations of how to feed them and essential products that must be given? I'm only giving growth and bloom and i hope that in best quantities (I'm following brand's recommendation- ATAMI)

Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
I’m in a larger tent (not full just using a 4x4 area of the 4x8 tent) rest of the tent has equipment like the 3x fans, scrubber/exhaust fan, and heater, 2x humidifiers between the plants and have 2x kingLED 1500w lights over mine atm, about 25” above the plants at full power, and could probably move them closer but they seem happy atm, about to do a grow diary update I’ll post some pics there

Top Bottom