New grower trying to see if I got the green thunb

• Thread starter Trevor0179
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Trevor0179

Trevor0179

Hi everyone gonna try my luck on a few ladies this year growing in southern ontario outdoors I got 3 x Black Gold Feminized and 1 x Skunk # 1 feminized from montreal seed bank I will also be doing 2 x UFO these came from some killer stuff I got and just happened across a couple nice mature seeds so I tucked them away for safe keeeping both seeds have popped up so only time will tell what I got look forward to keeping everyone informed and I am also looking forward to learning through this process with the help and knowledge of others when its needed Cheers and happy gardening to u all

Trevor0179

Trevor0179

This girl is going through some stress but i will get it figured out im sure bigger one was planted on apr 28th but i have had some issues with her so her leaves were removed from first three nodes and she was topped two days ago smaller one was planted on may 12th strain is UFO

20190527 195537
20190527 195531
20190527 195540
PlumberSoCal

PlumberSoCal

Too much nutes? Go easy, they don't need much when young. I'm giving seedlings a weekly and weak horse manure tea, nothing more until planting/transplanting.

Trevor0179

Trevor0179

Too much nutes? Go easy, they don't need much when young. I'm giving seedlings a weekly and weak horse manure tea, nothing more until planting/transplanting.
I did give first full strength nute feeding yesterday up till then i was only using half strength I will give her couple days with no feeding and we will see what happens thanks for advice man

B

Burned Haze

In soil it takes 3-21 days before showing (organic reaction on applications, so be careful when u think it just instantly works ) depending on ph, temps, environment and so many things .

Some nutes are slow releases so it could even be hot and take even longer . Depending organics to salts and dry/tea versions

Madbud

Madbud

Rookie mistake, nute burn. You’ll lose those big fan leaves but she’ll live, probably because you had a moisture meter. Welcome to the garden.

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
Going easy on the nutes is probably the #1 reason for problems. Many growing mediums, notably Fox Farm product, have a lot of nutrition in them already, and most of the plants that people are growing are pretty small. A plant 10 inches tall has a lot less requirements than a 7 ft plant, but many growers don't really consider that and add nutes like they have a redwood growing. Every new grower want their plants to be fat and sassy, but overfeeding them doesn't work as they actually need relatively little nutrients until they get larger in size and growth. To compound problems, many deficiencies are caused by Ph issues while some are caused by too much of other nutrients. It's a general heading of Nute Lock that encompasses these problems, and they can drive you crazy trying to figure out the true problem. Good luck, you seem to be on the right track. Southern Ontario, eh? I'm not too far away from Niagara Falls in the states. Keep up the great work!

the rrock

the rrock

looking good Clevor,hopefully they grow up to be monsters. A successful grower learns from their mistakes.Also good job getting some female seeds when your number are limited

Top Bottom