New Grower - White Powdry Mildew?

• Thread starter jamie84
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
jamie84

jamie84

Hi Everyone,
First time grower here and I think I have WPM? I took a pretty laissez faire approach to growing, only did my first trim a couple weeks ago, and began adding NPK nutrients early July. Transplanted clones into triple mix soil with a bit of home made compost mixed in. After looking online I think this is WPM but would appreciate your thoughts and some possible remedies, flowering began maybe 2 weeks ago. This particular strain in Grape Bubba. I have 4 other strains in 5 gallon buckets that are somewhat nearby but don't have any signs of WPM.
Thanks in advance!

New grower   white powdry mildew
New grower   white powdry mildew 2
New grower   white powdry mildew 3
New grower   white powdry mildew 4
jamie84

jamie84

From what I'm seeing in your pics, I have to agree that you have mildew as you thought. This web page https://www.growweedeasy.com/cannabis-plant-problems/white-powdery-mildew
will show some ways of removing the issue. Personally, I think you should lollipop your plants so air can circulate better, which will keep down the mildew
From what I'm seeing in your pics, I have to agree that you have mildew as you thought. This web page https://www.growweedeasy.com/cannabis-plant-problems/white-powdery-mildew
will show some ways of removing the issue. Personally, I think you should lollipop your plants so air can circulate better, which will keep down the mildew and mold.
Good luck
Thanks for your reply. I checked out the article and some others on how to get rid of it, am going to try 10:1 water : isopropyl alcohol mix first and if that doesn't work then Grow Safe. I just hope I'm not too late into the flowering stage to save these 2 plants. And I just read what lollipopping is and will do a little trim tomorrow. Thanks again.

WeedStalkWonder

WeedStalkWonder

Hey Jamie84, let me know how you go with the WPM battle using isopropyl alcohol. I'm growing outdoors too and am using a hydrogen peroxide (about 1 tablespoon to 1 cup water ratio) mix to fight it. Just looking for a good solution that kills this stuff.

S

Stonemason7767

I spray every week with lactic acid bacteria.(homemade) super cheep.havnt had pm in my garden in years so I guess it helps.

Heywood

Heywood

Hi Jaime, welcome to the farm.

Here's a video that you could really learn from on pruning / lollipoping / Super cropping from one of the best in the business.
The entire video is certainly worth watching, even if you only use one or two of his techniques.

Latest posts

Top Bottom