New Grower - White Powdry Mildew?

• Thread starter jamie84
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
jamie84

jamie84

Hi Everyone,
First time grower here and I think I have WPM? I took a pretty laissez faire approach to growing, only did my first trim a couple weeks ago, and began adding NPK nutrients early July. Transplanted clones into triple mix soil with a bit of home made compost mixed in. After looking online I think this is WPM but would appreciate your thoughts and some possible remedies, flowering began maybe 2 weeks ago. This particular strain in Grape Bubba. I have 4 other strains in 5 gallon buckets that are somewhat nearby but don't have any signs of WPM.
Thanks in advance!

New grower   white powdry mildew
New grower   white powdry mildew 2
New grower   white powdry mildew 3
New grower   white powdry mildew 4
jamie84

jamie84

From what I'm seeing in your pics, I have to agree that you have mildew as you thought. This web page https://www.growweedeasy.com/cannabis-plant-problems/white-powdery-mildew
will show some ways of removing the issue. Personally, I think you should lollipop your plants so air can circulate better, which will keep down the mildew
From what I'm seeing in your pics, I have to agree that you have mildew as you thought. This web page https://www.growweedeasy.com/cannabis-plant-problems/white-powdery-mildew
will show some ways of removing the issue. Personally, I think you should lollipop your plants so air can circulate better, which will keep down the mildew and mold.
Good luck
Thanks for your reply. I checked out the article and some others on how to get rid of it, am going to try 10:1 water : isopropyl alcohol mix first and if that doesn't work then Grow Safe. I just hope I'm not too late into the flowering stage to save these 2 plants. And I just read what lollipopping is and will do a little trim tomorrow. Thanks again.

WeedStalkWonder

WeedStalkWonder

Hey Jamie84, let me know how you go with the WPM battle using isopropyl alcohol. I'm growing outdoors too and am using a hydrogen peroxide (about 1 tablespoon to 1 cup water ratio) mix to fight it. Just looking for a good solution that kills this stuff.

S

Stonemason7767

I spray every week with lactic acid bacteria.(homemade) super cheep.havnt had pm in my garden in years so I guess it helps.

Heywood

Heywood

Hi Jaime, welcome to the farm.

Here's a video that you could really learn from on pruning / lollipoping / Super cropping from one of the best in the business.
The entire video is certainly worth watching, even if you only use one or two of his techniques.

Top Bottom