New grower

• Thread starter OfficiallyJ
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
OfficiallyJ

OfficiallyJ

Hey, I’m new to this world. First time grower and grow actually, basically I’ve been trying to do everything right and trying to fix all my mistakes along the way. They just went into flowering I believe it’s about day 3. But I started noticing some leaves with white spots not like the powdery mildew I’ve been reading about but almost like if you leave a liquid out and it dries up and stains leaves a mark. Idk what I’m trying to say but if anyone can help. I have a video and some pics of what I’m talking about.
New grower 4
New grower
New grower 2
New grower 3
New grower 4

Bmg1982

Bmg1982

The water spots, are probably just that, water spots. Not sure what you are feeding or what your water parameters are, but could be everything from hard water to excess salts. Probably left over and dried after a watering. Proper PH'ing is essential to prevent nutrient lockouts, and would start there.

Problems I can see from your video are most likely pest related. Was able to spot a fungus gnat, and what looks to be broad/russet mite damage, the "ruffed" up looking appearance on your fan leaves along with all the tiny little pinholes, and tatters are usually associated with their feeding sites.

Typically new growth will appear yellow, and deformed to start, as these tiny little bastards inject your precious little ladies with growth retardents. A 50-100x scope would help you identify any of the micro mite species, and spotting their eggs is the best way to confirm an infestation.

Last edited:
OfficiallyJ

OfficiallyJ

Thank you. Seeing that I’m still early in flower should I start using pesticides?

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
I use a pyrethrin based fogger for plants in early flowering. These are usually sold as flea foggers and do a good job of killing stuff off while being quick to break down as it is made from flowers. Your leaves DO look a little puffy (as well as some leaf twisting), which can be a sign of nutrient overfeeding. The larger white spots look like they are remnants of a liquid drying on the leaf, leaving the contents where the water evaporated. Mites can spread webs that can look somewhat similar, so be sure to check for these little bastards as they are almost impossible to see without magnification and can cause a lot of damage... by the time the damage appears the plant is already fully infested. During veg growth, the Hot Shot no pest strips are VERY effective for getting rid of all types of critters and breaks down fairly quickly. I don't recommend it for flowering, but it is good for veg growth, just don't overuse them as they can be dangerous if you are in an enclosed room with them. They are about as strong as you can buy without special licenses and stuff. think they are one of the last remaining phosphorus based insecticides out there.

Bmg1982

Bmg1982

Great resources here in regards to our microscopic enemies. Jorge checking out the polyploid during the intro says enough as far as the knowledge these guys contain.

Bmg1982

Bmg1982

In regards to commercially available Pyrethrins, be careful as most of them contain Butoxide as a spreader. Most states have Butoxide on the banned for use list if your product requires screening.

If you find out you are indeed infested with broads, now is as good of time as any to get into a routine of an "IPM".

My IPM goes all the way into week 5 of flower, and find my ULV Fogger is essential to providing my IPM during flower, as sprayers are a good way initiate bud rot. Prepping your grow area with added airflow, low RH, and fogging at "lights on" is also recommend when practicing an IPM during heavy flower.

Once in flower, it's best to stick with a few of the beneficial fungi's of choice and fog and drench w/ that.

Depending on strain and finishing times I like to fog with 50ppm of Methyl Jasmonate as a final fuck you to all the tiny little critters. Works great as a ripener as well.

Last edited:
Top Bottom