new grower

• Thread starter indicagrower420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
indicagrower420

indicagrower420

I forgot to mention I'm going organic soil route. An no insulation I got the radiant barriers though with 3.5 inches of depth space so those will work in reducing heat coming in an ive tested it on a 90 degree day the other day an man it does work really well. An socal where I'm at don't really get below 50 degrees at night so that DIY air cooler can also be used with a water heater an put out furnace Temps. An like @Anthem mentioned on no insulation it does not seem like i need it for the day but at night ill have to see how long it stays warm an if I have any issues with keeping heat for the ambient then ill get some 2 inch rigid foam board insulaton.

But living soil is the route in going because of lower maintenance, simplicity an i only have to manage ambient temps much easier than maintaining water temps also lol.

indicagrower420

indicagrower420

I did not see any insulation placed in the walls. I hope you have installed batt insulation before the plywood. In addition to the batt insulation I would also pick up some of the rigid insulation from depot and install behind the plywood. Your air cooler idea is cool, but to be honest I would just purchase a chiller in you are going to go hydro. Anything above 70 degrees for the water and you are going to have root problems

Yeah for the size of the shed i did not install insulation but it would not be hard to install it if i needed to just unscrew the walls an add it in. But for now the radiant barriers help during the day an its also in a semi shaded area. At night is when ill have to see if I use that water heater an if the shed can keep those warmer temps easily then im good without insulation but if not then ill have to insulate it.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

"It's the gas exchange that's important..." Do you mean gas exchange taking place in the water? I'm a newb on my first grow myself, and I've never heard of gas exchange taking place in the water/nute solution. Can you explain that or point me in a direction to learn about it? I'm just trying to learn. Thanks!
Gas exchange between water and air. As o2 is depleted from the plants uptake the water needs to absorb more oxygen from the air to prevent the plants from being starved of o2. This happens from surface agitation... Of any type. Not bubbles from the air stone as many think but the surface agitation they create. Tips for better gas exchange is to agitate as much surface area as possible by whatever means possible. It is true colder water holds more o2 but it's the rate of gas exchange that important. Eg a large gas tank without much gas being added will eventually run out of gas but a small gas tank with constant addition of gas keep it full and your in no danger of running out. It's the rate that we replenish the o2 that is more import than the volume we start with... To a certain point.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Oh soil nevermind the gas exchange info I gave ya that's for hydro.

My soil temps are almost 80f plenty to show rootzone temps should be close to atmospheric temps for ideal growth

indicagrower420

indicagrower420

Quick update , just a long process with moving places but I am still gonna make a grow journal.

Also anyone got experience with buildasoil 3.0 oly mountain living organic soil? Was thinking of just buying that an then recharging it / innoculating it because its too long to wait for vermi compost an the whole process of building it from the start. So my idea is to buy that soil to just get started growing AND then start having my vermicompost an all the extra stuff for maintenance on the no till ready an sorted with the added benefit of having experience with the whe process. But again whats your thoughts on that mix. Seen a few videos an threads an seen nice buds in both quality an size but want to hear about it in 2020

Top Bottom