New grower

• Thread starter Christyweed
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Christyweed

Christyweed

New grower here looking for any advice or tips that anyone has tell me how are they grow and how they're looking thank you

SSgrower

SSgrower

Research is your friend here. Media you are using, strain if known, nutrients used. We need pic's and information as to your efforts Farming.

lvstealth

lvstealth

Supporter
ok... you asked!

my tip, my heartfelt advice - my only wisdom... DO NOT OVERWATER!

you will, all new growers do at some point. i am new also, but i am a voracious reader and i see time after time when the "help my plant is... " thread comes up, it is so very very very often water.

the most common is over watering. a member here had a nice tip for the new, fill a pot the same size and with the same dirt, then any time you think you should water, lift that bag, and lift the one you want to water. they should both feel about the same, the water adds weight, so you will know when it is time!

there are also, but less frequently the under waterers.

but many times it is not watering right, a small plant doesnt have big lungs (the roots breath through the soil) so a lot of water (drench and dry) might not be the thing for a baby till they are a bit older. but a big strong lady likes a drench and dry.

well... then there is ph and ppm! a science in itself!

but mostly, things are all about the water!

whew, got that off my chest. lol

Edinburgh

Edinburgh

Do not overwater, if running autoflowers give 1/4 rec nutrients or even less, keep things simple, if running autos do not feed anything untill 3 weeks old and again lighley, if running autoflowers do not run under full spec if u can possibly help it, this is bc full spec has red and ir in it , it will cause autos to bloom early run autos under blue light then switch to full bloom when ready, this will not bother photoperid plants bc u cut ur light cycle to induce blooming, use good medium, have good drainage, leave them alone if nothing is wrong dont try and fix it, and remember this website is like the Hotel California you can check in but never leave lol welcome!

GNick55

GNick55

ok... you asked!

my tip, my heartfelt advice - my only wisdom... DO NOT OVERWATER!

you will, all new growers do at some point. i am new also, but i am a voracious reader and i see time after time when the "help my plant is... " thread comes up, it is so very very very often water.

the most common is over watering. a member here had a nice tip for the new, fill a pot the same size and with the same dirt, then any time you think you should water, lift that bag, and lift the one you want to water. they should both feel about the same, the water adds weight, so you will know when it is time!

there are also, but less frequently the under waterers.

but many times it is not watering right, a small plant doesnt have big lungs (the roots breath through the soil) so a lot of water (drench and dry) might not be the thing for a baby till they are a bit older. but a big strong lady likes a drench and dry.

well... then there is ph and ppm! a science in itself!

but mostly, things are all about the water!

whew, got that off my chest. lol
+1

GNick55

GNick55

Do not overwater, if running autoflowers give 1/4 rec nutrients or even less, keep things simple, if running autos do not feed anything untill 3 weeks old and again lighley, if running autoflowers do not run under full spec if u can possibly help it, this is bc full spec has red and ir in it , it will cause autos to bloom early run autos under blue light then switch to full bloom when ready, this will not bother photoperid plants bc u cut ur light cycle to induce blooming, use good medium, have good drainage, leave them alone if nothing is wrong dont try and fix it, and remember this website is like the Hotel California you can check in but never leave lol welcome!
+1

Top Bottom