New grower

• Thread starter Topwhop63
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Topwhop63

Topwhop63

Hi everyone, new to the forums here and a first time grower. My first run are autoflowers. I have Gorilla Glue and Blue Dream going. I’m pretty sure I screwed them up by stalling them and they re-entered veg after starting to form trichomes. Trichomes are still clear and nit milky.
I originally started about 2 months ago 1 gorilla glue in miracle gro. It took off like crazy. Then a few weeks later I started 1 blue dream. It started taking off while outdoors. Then I heard how bad miracle grow was. So I switch them over to peat moss in cloth pots switch them to an indoor set up. They weren’t drinking much at all and the water wasn’t evaporating from the buckets after about a week or so. So again, another switch over to hydro in 5 gallon buckets. Then I started some seedlings. Seedlings had a hard time growing once sprouted and the original 2 (GG and Blue Dream) were stunned from the switch for a few days. I finally figured out my timer wasn’t right and lights were on 24 hour instead of 18. Once I fixed it, there was an overnight noticeable explosion of growth. The seedling started growing and the other 2 started budding and trichomes began to form. After a few days of trichome development, I noticed it started vegging again. So now I’m unsure if the buds are going to be completely ruined at this point or what I should do. I am running advanced nutrients and run half of recommended since they are auto. I also use some black strap molasses when they started budding. I also noticed this morning many of the white hairs are turning orange. I know trichomes are the focus but wondering if they are really that messed up. I attached some pictures. The buds also are not thickening

New grower
New grower 2
New grower 3
New grower 4
GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
welcome to the farm..
you’ll get lots of help here, you just need a hydro growing to jump in..

Cashmeh

Cashmeh

We need your ph, ppm and pictures of roots. Are you live or sterile? You using RO? What's your water and room Temps?

Topwhop63

Topwhop63

We need your ph, ppm and pictures of roots. Are you live or sterile? You using RO? What's your water and room Temps?
My ph is at 6.4. I am using dechlorinated tap water. The room temp is 79F and water temp is at 75F. Room humidity is at 65. I don’t have a PPM meter. Do you have one you could recommend? What do you mean live or sterile?
The roots in the blue bucket are the blue dream and the white bucket gorilla glue. The picture of the plant is the gorilla glue just now. Not sure if you can see the buds well enough.

C5F2A40C BBDB 496B B814 0AAA7DBA24D4
996CE50E B2E7 4F69 9594 E29288BA63FD
0E1AABF2 52F7 4A53 A029 C76F35697491
Cashmeh

Cashmeh

I use this one https://www.amazon.com/dp/B008SOPO1...abc_ZD2EDEBVGEGYQQ421AAZ?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Being this is a cheaper one I have to calibrate it weekly, and check calibration before use.

Ppm is parts per million. Your water is between 150 and 400 parts per million, with chlorine added to kill bacteria. Chlorine evaporates out after 24 hours making it safe for plant feed. Anyways...

Also download a lux meter at Android Market and tell us your lux.

Now for the bad

You have root rot, major. Fungus is growing in your roots, they should be white or at least tinted to ur nutrient color if your over feeding. But they should never have a spec of black in them.

U need to follow aquamans method for root rot. https://www.thcfarmer.com/threads/aqua-mans-method-to-cure-root-rot-live-systems-only.122252/
Your plants cannot uptake nutrients properly.

Here is what your roots should look like, my current grow BTW.

As for ppms, u gonna have to Google that too. Your plants tell you how much feed they are eating VS water. Say u have 400ppms right now, then u check tomorrow and it's 390, that means your plant is eating more nutrients and less water...which is what you want.

Now if your ppms are climbing hourly, or daily then ur plant needs more water.. Ur over feeding it then. It's saying I'm drinking all the water in here but leaving the nutrients for ya.. Sign of overfeeding..

Live means you use bacteria to combat the fungus, which is alive.

Sterile means you use chemicals and low to Temps to combat the fungus.

Last edited:
Cashmeh

Cashmeh

I never tell anyone to give up, well at least not until now. For you to fix and maintain this, u will spend hours and Hours in there. And they are flowering already..

My video is 30 days from seed lol..

I would study what I've mentioned above and try with just 4 Dwc buckets in that room.

You also have to fill the net pot with pebbles. The only reason they are in there is to block the light from reaching the roots. When light hits roots in warm water, it promotes fungus growth, which turns your roots black.

Topwhop63

Topwhop63

I never tell anyone to give up, well at least not until now. For you to fix and maintain this, u will spend hours and Hours in there. And they are flowering already..

I would study what I've mentioned above and try with just 4 Dwc buckets in that room.

You also have to fill the net pot with pebbles. The only reason they are in there is to block the light from reaching the roots. When light hits roots in warm water, it promotes fungus growth, which turns your roots black.
Thanks for the help. I just checked my others and it’s happening there too. Getting the southern ag and following the directions your provided.

Topwhop63

Topwhop63

Do you think I should pull the ones that are already flowering? And just focus on the ones that haven’t started to flower? I’ve never done a autoflowers especially on the first run so I’m unsure how the dynamics completely work. I was thinking of cutting the plant where all the budding has started to allow for new vegetative growth but I’m not sure if auto flowers work that way.

Top Bottom