New grower

• Thread starter awesomeblossom
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
awesomeblossom

awesomeblossom

Hello everyone I'm a new grower. I'm doing my first dwc grow and I'm having problems right off.
I'm using AN micro, grow, bloom.
I transplanted from soil to dwc 1 week ago, since the plant leaves have changed colors to yellowish green. The leaves are droopy. Just looks awful.
So I checked roots, looks like I have root rot. I soaked and cleaned roots I. Hydrogen peroxide mixture, cleaned the bucket the plants in, mixed new nutes and added voodoo juice and 9 ml of hydrogen peroxide for 3 liter of water and added superthrive. I did not have the money for b52 so I substituted it with this.
My ppm was at 100 and my ph was 10.25 . This was after 7 days of running the dwc. After I changed water and added new nutes my ph was 7 , I lowered it w lemon juice to 6.8. My ppm was 502.
Plz help, any advice would be great.
thank u all.

New grower
New grower 2
awesomeblossom

awesomeblossom

Hello everyone I'm a new grower. I'm doing my first dwc grow and I'm having problems right off.
I transplanted from soil to dwc 1 week ago, since the plant leaves have changed colors to yellowish green. The leaves are droopy. Just looks awful.
So I checked roots, looks like I have root rot. I soaked and cleaned roots I. Hydrogen peroxide mixture, cleaned the bucket the plants in, mixed new nutes and added voodoo juice and 9 ml of hydrogen peroxide for 3 liter of water and added superthrive. I did not have the money for b52 so I substituted it with this.
My ppm was at 100 and my ph was 10.25 . This was after 7 days of running the dwc. After I changed water and added new nutes my ph was 7 , I lowered it w lemon juice to 6.8. My ppm was 502.
thank u all.
I lowered it to 5.8,sorry

2Bad

2Bad

@Moe.Red if you don't want me tagging you in all the hydro posts tag some other hydro growers and ill include them next time too lol (:

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

@Moe.Red if you don't want me tagging you in all the hydro posts tag some other hydro growers and ill include them next time too lol (:
No dude, I don't mind. But I think I'm already working with OP on another thread, just took a couple hours off to do some actual work 😜

I'll come back later and get caught up on both threads.

Johnlandy420

Johnlandy420

Supporter
thank u all.
To start, I would really recommend getting familiar with just ur AB grow and bloom plus cal mag. All the other add ons are not necessary and IMO tend to throw more people in the wrong direction instead of the right one. I too am not sure about soil to dwc transfer. Moe and Aqua will get ya sorted!

nystoner

nystoner

thank u all

This reminds me of one of my first grows in DWC I actually did the reverse and switched from DWC to soil and I ended up saving the plant. It had only been growing in DWC for about 2-3 weeks. My suggestion would be to grow in a SIP being a new grower. It is much more forgiving and much easier to deal with problems in my opinion. But if you set on staying with DWC then wait and ask someone else because I am not a DWC grower any more. I do remember getting root rot as well when I grew in DWC. For me my water temperature was getting too warm from my grow lights. That was what I ran into. Maybe that might help you partially get started. I know that their is a lot of parameters to keep an eye on but once its dialed in you should be easy sailing. I didn't like having to do water changes all the time.

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

thank u all.
What percentage peroxide did you add? Common is 3%, 12%, 35%.

Are you able to get a picture of the roots? I know it can be a PITA to hold the camera and the pot and all, but pics will convey so much more than words can. Just an FYI - Root Rot (some form of Pythium) generally drives PH down not up.

Any light leaks into the root zone?

I may be getting you confused with someone else, so forgive me if I am but I thought you said the roots are not thru the netpot yet?

What sort of bubbling do you have going?

What is your water source? Tap, RO, other?

Top Bottom