New Grower

• Thread starter Thewaterguy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

Thewaterguy

Hello everyone new to site new to growing, that being said I dont know much about growing but have grown before 3 plants in high school

I dont post ever really shy guy but breaking the bearier.
Now that im all growned up and I just started for a company that grows the stuff the dream job so why not right. There's a lot of info so bear with me and I feel like they are doing a lot wrong

Let me begin we use coco(tuper)
General hydroponics
Micro...gro...bloom
Along with other added nutes

On a nine week cycle and we use the same nutrient mix for the plants whole cycle some plants dont seem to care others droop out and turn yellow some times

The water gets ph to 5.8 plants get fed every other day with some run off I've never measured how much but water comes out the bottom of the 3 gallon grow bag

Standard 4/8 aqua tray that they have 18 plants on and 15 trays per room

I dont know much about the cloning process or the transplanting process so heres what I know

They have us clean the plants as they come out of veg and call it lolly-popping getting all small stuff from the bottom about 6-8 inches from coco then week three they go through and do a clean up i.e. water leaves smaller armss not quite up to par(basically lolly-popping 12-15in from coco depending on the plant) Staking the arms so they.dont fall over and to open threw middle up then one more clean up on week 5 just a few water leaves save mostly a foot from the top depending on plant

Sometimes they don't get to do their clean up week 3 running behind a lot so plants get mistreated I.e. falling into each other breaking arms no light penetration through the conopy there's no visible mold or root rot thank goodness

I've been able to do some plant work and don't understand their ways and I suspect they don't understand either kinda like if it ain't broke don't fix it well I think its broken and could be fixed in a lot of ways

If we call the first shoot of a plant F1 and the next set of arms on the same plant F2
And let that grow another arm called F3 at the base of each of those arms is a water leaf depending on the number of F2 arms would it not be logical to cut the F3 at the base and leave a part of the node to grow from the water leaf basically my thought is a bud would grow there instead of another arm is that true or hogwash

Molenium

Molenium

Hello everyone new to site new to growing, that being said I dont know much about growing but have grown before 3 plants in high school

I dont post ever really shy guy but breaking the bearier.
Now that im all growned up and I just started for a company that grows the stuff the dream job so why not right. There's a lot of info so bear with me and I feel like they are doing a lot wrong

Let me begin we use coco(tuper)
General hydroponics
Micro...gro...bloom
Along with other added nutes

On a nine week cycle and we use the same nutrient mix for the plants whole cycle some plants dont seem to care others droop out and turn yellow some times

The water gets ph to 5.8 plants get fed every other day with some run off I've never measured how much but water comes out the bottom of the 3 gallon grow bag

Standard 4/8 aqua tray that they have 18 plants on and 15 trays per room

I dont know much about the cloning process or the transplanting process so heres what I know

They have us clean the plants as they come out of veg and call it lolly-popping getting all small stuff from the bottom about 6-8 inches from coco then week three they go through and do a clean up i.e. water leaves smaller armss not quite up to par(basically lolly-popping 12-15in from coco depending on the plant) Staking the arms so they.dont fall over and to open threw middle up then one more clean up on week 5 just a few water leaves save mostly a foot from the top depending on plant

Sometimes they don't get to do their clean up week 3 running behind a lot so plants get mistreated I.e. falling into each other breaking arms no light penetration through the conopy there's no visible mold or root rot thank goodness

I've been able to do some plant work and don't understand their ways and I suspect they don't understand either kinda like if it ain't broke don't fix it well I think its broken and could be fixed in a lot of ways

If we call the first shoot of a plant F1 and the next set of arms on the same plant F2
And let that grow another arm called F3 at the base of each of those arms is a water leaf depending on the number of F2 arms would it not be logical to cut the F3 at the base and leave a part of the node to grow from the water leaf basically my thought is a bud would grow there instead of another arm is that true or hogwash
Let's call them nodes. F1 sounds like your talking about breeding. The top is the top or terminal branch, from there it's just 1st set of nodes or branches 3rd set of nodes and...etc. by cutting the way your saying, if im understanding it right- it would basically keep it from turning into a bush and grow one terminal bud, opposite of topping. That leads to less bud sights which in a commercial grow is what u want

Molenium

Molenium

when i started working all our plants were what looked like a mess. Some pruning and focusing on air flow, light penetration your good. Considering flood tables though with that many plants i hope they are flowering em when they are bout a foot?

Molenium

Molenium

Mention using a mesh net, or volley ball one SCROG is what what you need. But my commercial grow is not on hydro like yours yours and we want side branching...Think, putting 18 plants in those trays and letting theme stay one cola (terminal but) yes the fan leaves and all that would end up touching but light would penetrate each plant more evenly and one stake a plant max considering its not a bush. Like these thick ass Colas just pulled 2 weeks after out door. I don't like to have more than 3 branches-strong healthy ones on a grow like that
20171001 133341

Last edited:
T

Thewaterguy

Molenium thanks for the insight ill try and take some pics today to show more of what im talking about with the Nods they do make bushes and all the bud on the bottom is larfy all under developed buds and such

Latest posts

Top Bottom