New growth coming in highlighter yellow???

• Thread starter KambleFrost
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
lvstealth

lvstealth

Supporter
that is not ash, look at its shadow, it is definitely a 3d object. it is a chunk of something.

im searching all over the net for calcium deposits from equipment and it shouldnt be chunks like that. it shows as a filmy smeary look. it doesnt appear to be alive. it is not powdery. it doesnt have legs! lol, and it doesnt fit anything i find yet. now i am curious. i would think it has to be some compound that solidified to the chunk, but how did it get so spread on the leaves? do you spray anything on them?

it is probably not hurting a thing, she looks nice. i am just a curious type and i like research.

so... can you brush this stuff off? or is it stuck on the leaf?

Last edited:
KambleFrost

KambleFrost

that is not ash, look at its shadow, it is definitely a 3d object. it is a chunk of something.
Yeah it’s a 3D object that smears when rubbed off, I’m thinking residue of some sort but I’ve inspected thoroughly tonight.
It could be calcium residue or perlite?

lvstealth

lvstealth

Supporter
looks nothing like calcium. it doesnt have the chemical structure to "chunk" like that.

oh! smears when rubbed, ok, back to google! lol.

again, i dont think it is detrimental, its just me... im doggedly curious! ...and if i see it again later i will know! lol

KambleFrost

KambleFrost

looks nothing like calcium. it doesnt have the chemical structure to "chunk" like that.

oh! smears when rubbed, ok, back to google! lol.

again, i dont think it is detrimental, its just me... im doggedly curious! ...and if i see it again later i will know! lol
Yeah if you find anything let me know, I’m looking it up to as I onestly chalked it up to outside sources as there’s several smokers who smoke outside the tent so I thought ash or even residue from the humidifier

Choppr

Choppr

Could be slight overwatering, remember younglings don't respire much, so they don't need much water, also new growth out of the middle is always a little lighter till chlorophyll develops.(green pigment from photosynthesis) I usually wait until I have roots out of the bottom of the cup before transplanting. (or several weeks) Little bits of papery ash-like particles can be insect casts, possible aphids? Check the underside of leaves with a magnifying glass. good luck M8

KambleFrost

KambleFrost

Could be slight overwatering, remember younglings don't respire much, so they don't need much water, also new growth out of the middle is always a little lighter till chlorophyll develops.(green pigment from photosynthesis) I usually wait until I have roots out of the bottom of the cup before transplanting. (or several weeks) Little bits of papery ash-like particles can be insect casts, possible aphids? Check the underside of leaves with a magnifying glass. good luck M8
Thanks mate, they are greening out so I’m thinking you are right!
I have since discovered that it is perlite being blown a around. I did a huge check for any infestations and everything is clean. Last thing I checked was the perlite crumble and it’s the exact same texture and feel
Looks the same under microscope

Latest posts

Top Bottom