New growth is yellow

• Thread starter Bkeith12
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Bkeith12

Bkeith12

Started about two weeks ago. Don’t know if it’s to much nitrogen, iron deficiency, or some nute lockout. Started happening after I used Cyco grow xl for 2nd time. Added cal-mag, and add Repair last two waterings. Any suggestions on how to fix this or if they are done for. On week 4 of veg.
Animal Cookies and Sour OG Cheese are the strain.

Vegging under two T8 4foot lights
Cyco Nutrients Grow A&B, B1boost, Uptake, Ryzofuel, Silica, and Zyme.

New growth is yellow
New growth is yellow 2
New growth is yellow 3
Beachwalker

Beachwalker

What is the medium, pH & PPM

Also why do you feel the need to use all those products?

All that stuff you're trying to mix and match is what's screwing your grow up

Reactions: Ina
Bkeith12

Bkeith12

Soil, PH is 6.0-6.2.
I use to work for a grow facility here in Michigan and use the same brand and specific nutes they use. This is my 3rd run using same and haven’t had a problem in my last two grows. But definitely open to suggestions if I am using to many products.

Bkeith12

Bkeith12

What is the medium, pH & PPM

Also why do you feel the need to use all those products?

All that stuff you're trying to mix and match is what's screwing your grow up
Only nutrient I have added is Cal-Mag and are Dr. Repair which is part of the Cyco line up. I only added those after they started to yellow up

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Specific medium/soil i use is Pro-Mix HP
Okay so like I said it's what you're pouring in that's got everything out of whack

it looks like a sulfur deficiency to me could be iron but looks more like sulfur but it doesn't matter which

If that were my plant I'd flush the living piss out of it with plain pHed water and then do a slurry test

Then I'd buy something balanced like megacrop or Jack's 3-2-1 or masterblend or something complete and easy to use; hope that helps, good luck

Maybe keep the silica

Last edited:
Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Are you soaking the pot to full saturation with a bit of runoff every time you water them? It doesnt look like it in the pics. It looks like you are just watering around the plants without fully soaking the pot?

Reactions: Ina
Bkeith12

Bkeith12

currently I am only feeding about 1/2 gallon per water. Under T8 and LED I don’t water as much as I would under MH or HPS lights. But I took beachwalker advice and flushed. I agree that it’s probably sulfur deficiency. Because my growth has stunted also along with the yellowing of new growth.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Yeah you gotta water the whole pot each time you water until you get some runoff. Let it dry back quite a bit, and fully soak it again each time you water. Those small doses of water have probably stunted the root system a bit.

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

currently I am only feeding about 1/2 gallon per water. Under T8 and LED I don’t water as much as I would under MH or HPS lights. But I took beachwalker advice and flushed. I agree that it’s probably sulfur deficiency. Because my growth has stunted also along with the yellowing of new growth.
I used 40 oz each watering in my 3 gallon pots and about twice that in my 5-gallon pots; I'm using Pro mix in both

Every third watering I flush copious amounts through both sizes pots, and record the runoff, and then follow it up with a normal strength feeding

Another way to do it is to run about 20% off every watering, but regardless like Dirtbag said above you've got to start watering that whole pot, probably the 20% run off every watering would be best for you right now

Good that you flushed to reset your medium but you need to search and do a slurry test and post your results for us to get you back on track

And I don't know what any of your products are but I especially don't know what Doctor Repair is and I'd like you to stop using it for now

I've got to get up and make coffee and water my own plants in a little while, when I get a minute after that I'll look up your nutes and maybe we can get you on a program going forward

Last edited:
Beachwalker

Beachwalker

So you're feeding chart download but I could never grow a plant with a chart like that, no wonder beginners have such problems 🤦‍♂️

My Plants that size I feed at 400 PPM of a balanced nutrient such as Jack's 1 2 3, Master Blend (which is I use) or Megacrop which is probably the easiest of all to use

I often feed with no runoff for one or two waterings in a row depending how green the plant is, then the next time I will flush with twice the amount of plain pH water and record the readings

Your product really didn't explain it on the website and like I said I couldn't get into that chart I just don't have time but I would feed it the absolute bare minimum recommended of A&B and stop all the additives which is what I believe is throwing things off

I don't believe nutrients should need bottle after bottle of additives to become complete, others may feel differently

To treat the deficiency search 'cannabis sulfur deficiency' and read how to best treat it, it should explain to you what's going on in the soil at your roots

Hopefully the flush will get you reset! I just flushed the hell out of a plant with Dolemite this morning and she's still reading low so it happens, best wishes!

Last edited:
Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Thanks. I appreciate your time and recommendations.
You're welcome, I was hoping someone familiar with your nutes would chime!?

You need to get after that deficiency because it's serious and it's imminent to the health of the plant

Not to bang on your particular nutes, I don't like any of these big 'kits', the less you have to mix and match the better imho

I grew this plant on just these two nutrients, and I've grown other plants on nothing but Jobe's tomato spikes with calimagic added, it's not the newts, provide adequate newts and that's all the plant needs
20190629 132412
20191215 060117

If you have other questions tag me in or stop by the beach house in grow journals and I'll help if I can

possibly start a thread in the appropriate category entitled 'Cyco nutrient help' or something like that might get the attention of someone familiar with your product? -best wishes!

Bkeith12

Bkeith12

You're welcome, I was hoping someone familiar with your nutes would chime!?

You need to get after that deficiency because it's serious and it's imminent to the health of the plant

Not to bang on your particular nutes, I don't like any of these big 'kits', the less you have to mix and match the better imho

I grew this plant on just these two nutrients, and I've grown other plants on nothing but Jobe's tomato spikes with calimagic added, it's not the newts, provide adequate newts and that's all the plant needs
View attachment 954028View attachment 954029

If you have other questions tag me in or stop by the beach house in grow journals and I'll help if I can

possibly start a thread in the appropriate category entitled 'Cyco nutrient help' or something like that might get the attention of someone familiar with your product? -best wishes!
So after two months of dealing with this and no matter what I did, 5 weeks into flower I finally figured it out. Russet Mites. Cut down the flower and bleached the room completely down. Preparing for a war to fight for my 15 plants in veg. Figured I would come back and leave a bit of a update.

Top Bottom