New here and Need some Opinions

• Thread starter Ihavenoideawhatimdoing
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Moe.Red

Moe.Red

Well, here’s the news.
I did the surgery, and sure as heck, they’re pollinated. Pulled off 20, and found seeds starting in 8 of the 20. After digging further into the tent. I found 2 sacs that were hidden deep in the foliage. I guess both of these plants produced both sex’s and self pollinated themselves.

Disappointing, but not the end of the world. Thanks for the tips on the surgery, and I learned a lot, but is what it is at this point. I’ll finish them out, may still provide for a good smoke, although a little seedy.

I guess another question I have is will ever spot produce a seed now, or only the ones where the pollen touched?

I’ll have to bleach scrub the tent afterwards i imagine.

I have 2 others started which are “lambs breath”to take the place of these already in the big tent.
Seeds only where there is pollen.

Don't worry about bleach, just water makes pollen inert. But by all means clean your space for other more serious contaminants like mold whenever you get a good chance to do it.

It's reaaaaaaly uncommon to get a land race to hermie, got any ideas why?

I

Ihavenoideawhatimdoing

Seeds only where there is pollen.

Don't worry about bleach, just water makes pollen inert. But by all means clean your space for other more serious contaminants like mold whenever you get a good chance to do it.

It's reaaaaaaly uncommon to get a land race to hermie, got any ideas why?
I really have no idea why. Only thing I can honestly think of is since it is a pure, that it doesn’t like the tent, as the outside ones don’t have male traits. Since it’s a super long flowering plant, maybe me flipping it so soon and not being in veg long enough added stress. Not sure at this point. I’m pretty sure if these 2 showed both traits that the seeds will also not be good since they’ll probably posses the same tendencies.

Either way I’ll finish these out just too see the outcome as I always finish grows thru because I’ve seen some wild things happen rather than scrap them. The smoke might even be great even tho bit seedy.

I’ll probably even grow some of these seeds outdoors next and see what outcome is as well next year.

I’ve read lots on hermies and I’ve truely ever had 2 true hermies….some landrace produce both sex organs as a trait, and I could just be unlucky in that sense, cause these pollen sacs were tiny and they were embedded up in the female organs. So very odd scenario. But thanks for the tips!

What’s odd it total today I’ve picked off 40, and only got a total of 11 seeds. So it doesn’t seem like every spot is producing them. May just be early. Just bummed I didn’t catch these 2 pollen sacs.

J.dub

J.dub

I feel for ya, man. Moe nailed it. Yeah, definitely smoke it -- should still give you an idea of what the chemovar has to offer. Just find all those damn nanners if you can. If it's only a few parts that are seeded, it's not the worst thing in the world to have an abundance of S1 landrace beans laying around.

I

Ihavenoideawhatimdoing

I feel for ya, man. Moe nailed it. Yeah, definitely smoke it -- should still give you an idea of what the chemovar has to offer. Just find all those damn nanners if you can. If it's only a few parts that are seeded, it's not the worst thing in the world to have an abundance of S1 landrace beans laying around.
Thanks, yea will finish it out and see what’s up. I really like this grow just because I’m getting to see the difference in the indoor vs outdoor I’m accustom too. I’ve never grown anything that’s autoflower or feminized etc….

I got the tent and started indoors because I wanted something new to learn after 12 years.

Latest posts

Top Bottom