New here and new to growing

• Thread starter SsjJake420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
SsjJake420

SsjJake420

Just joined, 1st post and I'm very new to growing. Here is some background information first.
Originally bought a clone from a friend, jäger, I believe is the strain.
Started off very small and very weak, but over about 2 months it really took off. So fast in fact, it grew into the light so I was forced into something drastic, I cropped it. Just a few inches off the top.
My set up is all DIY and somewhat cheap. The light cycle is currently 18 ON and 6 OFF, but im wondering if and when I should change to the flowering cycle of 12 ON and 12 OFF.
Any information or tips would be appreciated and go a long way.

New here and new to growing
New here and new to growing 2
New here and new to growing 3
New here and new to growing 4
BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
Welcome. You will definitely need some more light once you flip to flowering. Not sure how well she will produce, remember once u flip to flower she will stretch sometimes 3x her size depending on the strain. Good luck and happy grows.
Burnz

SsjJake420

SsjJake420

Welcome. You will definitely need some more light once you flip to flowering. Not sure how well she will produce, remember once u flip to flower she will stretch sometimes 3x her size depending on the strain. Good luck and happy grows.
Burnz
Thank you for the advice. A second light is something I've thought about, and the tripling in size somewhat worries me as I may have to rethink my setup if it gets too big again.

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
The super long stretch in your plant tells us that she didn’t have enoug light in the beginning and was constantly trying to source light, In turn, stretching toward the light. Check out kingbrite quantum boards in alibaba.com for cheap budget grow lights. Only downfall is they are sourced directly from China.

SsjJake420

SsjJake420

Bit of an update:
Self-built grow tent out of PVC was made, measures 4'×3'×7'.
Still need to get another light, definitely a better quality one.
Still on a 12/12 light cycle.

And ,the clone I managed to get seems like it's coming along better than the original.

This is a cheap, diy, low maintenance, growing experience for me.
If I don't get any bud this time, I'll salvage what I can, and restart. Learning is part of the experience afterall.
Again I welcome any and all comments, questions, and advice. =)
0917202114b
0917202114a

Top Bottom