New here but my celebrating my 40th year growing

• Thread starter mrcrispy13
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
mrcrispy13

mrcrispy13

Howdy Folks.
I'm new to the forum, but my first grow was 1982 and just a year later I started experimenting to develop extraction techniques.

The summer of 1980 my buddy and I came into three one-ounce bricks of Blond Lebanese stamped with a scorpion ($200 total) We decided way back then that someday we would make our own hashish and this year marks my 40th year of growing weed.

I made a career as a test engineer and have enjoyed lots of failures refusing to follow other people's directions while always looking for new ways to push the envelope.
Outdoor grows, secret rooms full of hydroponics, extraction in the kitchen, extraction in the University Biochemistry lab, overly complicated methods, methods too simple and lazy. Been there, tried that.

I used to socialize with a household full of stoners including my ex-wife where we burned through garbage bags of green. Now days the kids are grown, I've upgraded the wife and havent spent a single dollar on weed almost as long as it's been legal to grow. My seeds are 4th-7th generation from a mix of old and new strains along the way and my smoking habit has reduced to where I spend way more time growing, curing and extracting than I do actually smoking. I've learned patience and to enjoy meditating in my grow tent as much as chasing the dragon's tail.

Next year I officially qualify for senior citizen discounts and am still blasting Death Metal and I also write Haikus, Study Buddhist philosophies and am an avid Genealogist.
I joined to share a few things and learn a few new ones.

MrCrispy13

Blastfact

Blastfact

Hello and welcome to the farm. 61 now and hate every second of it. Been growing since the 5th grade. Haven't had a good grow in at least two years. Learning to grow this new fucked up fufu crap weed has just about ruined me. I to don't smoke near as much as I use to. It's a lot of smoking and not much high unless this new bunk hybrid fufu weed is concentrated for smoke or eating. If it wasn't for the love of the grow and giving it away to people that really don't know what good weed is and making them happy,,, I would stop growing. It's like my motorcycles. I've been riding since I was 6 years old and life would not be worth living if I couldn't get on a motorcycle and twist grip.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Howdy Folks.
I'm new to the forum, but my first grow was 1982 and just a year later I started experimenting to develop extraction techniques.

The summer of 1980 my buddy and I came into three one-ounce bricks of Blond Lebanese stamped with a scorpion ($200 total) We decided way back then that someday we would make our own hashish and this year marks my 40th year of growing weed.

I made a career as a test engineer and have enjoyed lots of failures refusing to follow other people's directions while always looking for new ways to push the envelope.
Outdoor grows, secret rooms full of hydroponics, extraction in the kitchen, extraction in the University Biochemistry lab, overly complicated methods, methods too simple and lazy. Been there, tried that.

I used to socialize with a household full of stoners including my ex-wife where we burned through garbage bags of green. Now days the kids are grown, I've upgraded the wife and havent spent a single dollar on weed almost as long as it's been legal to grow. My seeds are 4th-7th generation from a mix of old and new strains along the way and my smoking habit has reduced to where I spend way more time growing, curing and extracting than I do actually smoking. I've learned patience and to enjoy meditating in my grow tent as much as chasing the dragon's tail.

Next year I officially qualify for senior citizen discounts and am still blasting Death Metal and I also write Haikus, Study Buddhist philosophies and am an avid Genealogist.
I joined to share a few things and learn a few new ones.

MrCrispy13
I cracked up on the Gynecologist...then I re read it.😛.....I have a few years on you but I still practice gynecology when I get the chance.😂 fking dyslexia
😂

• Haha
Reactions: TSD
Blastfact

Blastfact

I cracked up on the Gynecologist...then I re read it.😛.....I have a few years on you but I still practice gynecology when I get the chance.😂 fking dyslexia
😂
The only real difference between men and boys is the price of our toys. And one of them comes with a insanely high price no matter what you do.

mrcrispy13

mrcrispy13

Hello and welcome to the farm. 61 now and hate every second of it. Been growing since the 5th grade. Haven't had a good grow in at least two years. Learning to grow this new fucked up fufu crap weed has just about ruined me. I to don't smoke near as much as I use to. It's a lot of smoking and not much high unless this new bunk hybrid fufu weed is concentrated for smoke or eating. If it wasn't for the love of the grow and giving it away to people that really don't know what good weed is and making them happy,,, I would stop growing. It's like my motorcycles. I've been riding since I was 6 years old and life would not be worth living if I couldn't get on a motorcycle and twist grip.
It takes a hell of a lot of effort to not be really pissed off about getting old! I got sidelined from a fantastic career with a stupid disease that's trying to fuse my bones together. My ex rewarded me by becoming a drunk and my kids never look up from their phones. Am totally with you about fufu weed. When I get angry I listen to Slayer. When I get too angry, I meditate. Cant drive anymore since my vertebrae decided Ankylosing Spondylitis would be a suitable Twighlight Zone episode for my own personal hell. I never imagined how much it would suck for every doctor to recommend that I smoke weed! Remember life before cell phones and the internet? Ahhh. Good times.

Last edited:
Ganjadad

Ganjadad

Welcome to the farm! I bet you have some good stories and good weed haha. Everyone is super cool here btw. Can’t wait to see a journal ✌🏼

Moshmen

Moshmen

What country u in ?

JerzeyMike

JerzeyMike

Hey welcome bud! Sounds like you have a few stories! Theres a lot of good peeps here, with all kinds of experience. Happy growing!✌🏻

TSD

TSD

It takes a hell of a lot of effort to not be really pissed off about getting old! I got sidelined from a fantastic career with a stupid disease that's trying to fuse my bones together. My ex rewarded me by becoming a drunk and my kids never look up from their phones. Am totally with you about fufu weed. When I get angry I listen to Slayer. When I get too angry, I meditate. Cant drive anymore since my vertebrae decided Ankylosing Spondylitis would be a suitable Twighlight Zone episode for my own personal hell. I never imagined how much it would suck for every doctor to recommend that I smoke weed! Remember life before cell phones and the internet? Ahhh. Good times.
Life is a bitch most of the time... but weed helps! Welcome to the farm.

Top Bottom