New here! This is my story...

• Thread starter SavageSiren420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
SavageSiren420

SavageSiren420

So once upon a time I pulled a few seeds out of my bag. Now I know quite often these seeds are not healthy seeds and will not grow. However I had recently started growing my own herbs indoors (actual herbs basil, lavender etc.) So I said what the hell let's see what happens. Soaked them between paper towel and to my surprise all 4 germinated. Sweet. Put them in small peat pots of normal potting soil and put them in a window and began watering them a few days later they all popped up out of the dirt. I was like ok wow this is actually working... Then I forgot about them for a couple days... Oops.. checked on them and a couple where almost a foot tall. I was like oh s*** if I actually want to grow these I'm gonna need the right set up. Long story short one survived and grew under a grow light in a cabinet no nutrients other then miracle grow and was about 4 feet tall before it got ripped from the dirt (long story).

Well I decided to try again. Shortly after making this decision I got a REALLY seedy bag (pretty good stuff tho). Convenient. Pulled out 25 seeds from a half oz. I have 10 started in soil along with 3 others given to me by someone. And 9 I decided to attempt to grow hydroponically.
My soil set up is in a large cabinet under a full spectrum LED grow light ( currently working on larger space) planted in Foxfarm Ocean Forest soil and I am using General Hydroponics Flora Trio for nutrients as I can use it for both set ups. I have a small fan above them creating an indirect gentle breeze and I use neem oil and hydrogen peroxide for pest/fungal control.
My hydro set up is a DWC set up in a 10 gallon fish tank. I coved 3 out of 4 sides with aluminum foil and the front side has a fabric current I can lift to see inside the tank. I cut holes out of a sheet of wood fit for the top of my tank for my net cups I have rockwool, hydroponic foam and clay pebbles as grow media with plastic covering the grow media to prevent mold. have dual outlet air pump running a 14" air stone bar 24/7 and a small 45 watt LED grow light from Walmart ( getting more/bigger lights asap). Again using General Hydroponics Flora Trio and hydrogen peroxide in the water in my tank. Was using tap water that I boiled but I am developing a mold issue inside my tank also having a hard time keeping the pH down. I have been using fish tank pH down temporarily untill I get hydroponic ph down (ordered hopefully here today) so all the plants have been moved to temporary set up of fresh nutrient solution in pH 6.0(ish) of filtered tap water for the time being that I can empty, sterilize, trouble shoot and refill my 10 gallon tank.
Any advice welcome, keep in mind I'm on a super tight budget. Updates to come.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom