New Home Grower!

• Thread starter GreenShadesOfGrey
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
GreenShadesOfGrey

GreenShadesOfGrey

Hey guys! New here to the THC Farmer Forum. My Dad and I are looking to begin growing at home. We’ve identified the grow space. We’ll be setting up in the attic out off the house. Has anyone else done this and is there any issues I should be aware of? I’ve built a grow tent inside the attic with panda film . It’s about 90-95% airtight but there are a few pockets here and there. This was somewhat difficult to completely airtight with Panda Film. I also did my best to seal off the attic as well. It’s definitely dark and the temps are under control. I will be using a co2 generator inside tent as well. Anything I should know that would be helpful. Lmk Thanks.

I will have 6 plants Probably all indica/hybrid
Fox Farms Soil (Ocean Forrest)
2000w LED (400 actual)
House and Garden Nutrients and Ph testers
co2 Generator and Monitor
Humidifier
Hygrometers
Trellis net(not installed yet)
Two fans
I haven’t installed a carbon filter for the smell. Questionable?

Grownsince95

Grownsince95

❤🌱❤🤘😁✌
Supporter
Hey guys! New here to the THC Farmer Forum. My Dad and I are looking to begin growing at home. We’ve identified the grow space. We’ll be setting up in the attic out off the house. Has anyone else done this and is there any issues I should be aware of? I’ve built a grow tent inside the attic with panda film . It’s about 90-95% airtight but there are a few pockets here and there. This was somewhat difficult to completely airtight with Panda Film. I also did my best to seal off the attic as well. It’s definitely dark and the temps are under control. I will be using a co2 generator inside tent as well. Anything I should know that would be helpful. Lmk Thanks.

I will have 6 plants Probably all indica/hybrid
Fox Farms Soil (Ocean Forrest)
2000w LED (400 actual)
House and Garden Nutrients and Ph testers
co2 Generator and Monitor
Humidifier
Hygrometers
Trellis net(not installed yet)
Two fans
I haven’t installed a carbon filter for the smell. Questionable?

Welcome to the farm! I would definitely add a dehumidifier to that list and also an EC and PH tester.
👍🌱

GreenShadesOfGrey

GreenShadesOfGrey

Thanks for the welcoming gs95! Looking forward to starting this grow within the next couple of days!

is the EC tester the same as having a pH up/down tester? It’s on the right hand side of photo.

7BCAA8FE 7958 46C1 92B5 D64A8DB717A1

724DD90F AAAF 4ED4 8027 4A1418CA1CF5
Grownsince95

Grownsince95

❤🌱❤🤘😁✌
Supporter
Thanks for the welcoming gs95! Looking forward to starting this grow within the next couple of days!

is the EC tester the same as having a pH up/down tester? It’s on the right hand side of photo.

View attachment 1059363
PH you're good 👍 EC measures the strength/dissolved salts of the feed. It will be electronic device about $10 US dollars. Would pop a link but otherwise occupied lol. Amazon hook u up in 3 seconds. 🌱

Grownsince95

Grownsince95

❤🌱❤🤘😁✌
Supporter
Just one more word of advice if I may because I have experienced this first hand....

When I look at that table full of stuff I see an excited new grower ready to take on the world! But I also see myself way back when and remember jumping into a lot of "unnecessary" stuff I saw experienced growers doing.

Less is more with plants. Remember to go slow. Never more than half doses to start unless 90% of the peeps on this forum say otherwise. Only use the essentials until you get some feel for it, it will be less to narrow down when you run into the first problems...which you will! You dont need a deck of tarot cards to know that. Show me a grower who's never tanked a show and I'll show you one heck of a liar I promise you.

@Aqua Man says it best...

"more plants die from love than neglect"

🌱

GreenShadesOfGrey

GreenShadesOfGrey

That’s awesome! I really appreciate the advice. I really do!

One question for you if I may. As for watering the 3 week old clone I’m getting from my local dispensary...

I’m using Fox Farms Ocean Forrest, when and how much should I start watering? Should my 5 gallon fabric pots be moist before transplanting the clone? Or just water the small portion of soil around the plant and increase amounts as plant grows. I was thinking after about week 2 or 3 weeks I would start adding the nutrients. About 1/4 recommended. Also how would I increase or decreases the ph levels at a larger level when its water w/out and with nutrients?
Sorry lots of questions. Thanks again for your help.

Grownsince95

Grownsince95

❤🌱❤🤘😁✌
Supporter
That’s awesome! I really appreciate the advice. I really do!

One question for you if I may. As for watering the 3 week old clone I’m getting from my local dispensary...

I’m using Fox Farms Ocean Forrest, when and how much should I start watering? Should my 5 gallon fabric pots be moist before transplanting the clone? Or just water the small portion of soil around the plant and increase amounts as plant grows. I was thinking after about week 2 or 3 weeks I would start adding the nutrients. About 1/4 recommended. Also how would I increase or decreases the ph levels at a larger level when its water w/out and with nutrients?
Sorry lots of questions. Thanks again for your help.
No problem! But as soon as I see Fox farm ocean forest I think about the millions of guys that come here asking when they have problems burning their plants with this soil so I am going to try to tag a few people who might know their stuff on this one, I do not do soil well lol... @MIMedGrower @Aqua Man @tomatoesarecooltoo @Milson @Dirtbag @dire wolf @amekins

Probably so many more I missed and I hate to call too many peeps out.. but these folks are some of the most helpful here when they have the time. As we all know that fluctuates a lot for all of us. 👍

Handing you off to mission control...

Good luck happy grows ❤🌱

Top Bottom