New Indoor Farmer

• Thread starter Jweir
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
J

Jweir

Hey everyone, as the the title say I'm new to indoor an to this forum! I've played around with outdoor for a bit but want to try something a little more serious. I put up a little cash for a sweeet setup.(I think atleast) grow lab 4'11''x 2'8''x 6'7'' with sun system lec 315 with the 3100k lamp I plan to use for veg an flower in the same tent. I have a kind led 2 foot micro spectrum, more to help in flowering but is in the tent already.but I had some Pineapple Express seeds from g13 labs that I germinated for my very first indoor grow but summer hit and he tent got very hot an I was not prepared. It stunted there growth completely, for almost a week now under 24 hours of light. I'm not sure if I had the light to close as the more I read into it, it coulda been further away in the beggining. Would love to talk to someone who has experiences with the 315 lec. I have moved the pineapple outside in hopes that maybe it can pull threw out there. I have found a blue dream clone at a reputable clone shop so got that an two other white lemon clones to fill the space. I have bought a evaporative cooler or swamp to cool it down a little an help with humidity. The temps are still high topping out at 90F on warm days, but I got the bag thing of co2 to hopefully help the plants deal with the heat. I put the clones in yesterday. The blue dream being the one one the dwc. I've been putting a ice pack in to cool the water in the swamp cooler to also help fight the temps. I welcome all tips and constructive criticism completely! Thanks for reading guys.

New indoor farmer
New indoor farmer 2
New indoor farmer 3
Dan789

Dan789

Welcome, my two cents: noticed your extension cord mashup, hanging alongside your tent in the first pic (just above the bottom exhaust fan). If it was myself, I'd replace the parallel lamp cord extention with a round extension cord (heavier duty), reasons being with all the stuff your running you might be closing in on max current. In any case you don't want to loose power because your cord overheated burned through and set fire to the house. That would suck over a $20 item. Probably wouldn't be a bad idea to get one of the (killawatt) meters that way you'll know how many amps each electrical appliance your using is taking, that way you won't overload and heat up a cheap cord and also avoid obvious problems associated.

J

Jweir

Yea I have been struggling with the heat got the co2 bag to help compensate the evaporative cooler not doin as much as I hoped prob because it's so humid in there, thinking of moving it out of the tent an putting it by the intake. Any tips? My tent location kinda stops me from making a cross draft with my intake an outtake fans, have considered moving around the room even tho the wife will smack me.

J

Jweir

And thank you Dan I will defiantly get on that tomorrow I need to get that whole cord situation under control.

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
Put the dehuey outside the tent, it creates heat.

J

Jweir

Yea I just read another article more related to swamp coolers an I don't think it was doin much with the humidity in there. But I just took it out. I have it pointed right at the intake filter but temps just spiked like six degrees gonna give it a bit before putting it back in. I really wanted to do 24 hours light but might have to just do 18/6 an keep The light off for the heat of the day.

Top Bottom