New indoor grower with quick question

• Thread starter Cmorscrilla
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Cmorscrilla

Cmorscrilla

Hey guys I’m new to indoor tent growing and jus got a 2x2x4 little tent jus was wondering what light size would go in there. I was reading something like 50 watt per square foot so do I only need a 200 watt ? I found 1000w light with good reviews but will that be to much ?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Hey guys I’m new to indoor tent growing and jus got a 2x2x4 little tent jus was wondering what light size would go in there. I was reading something like 50 watt per square foot so do I only need a 200 watt ? I found 1000w light with good reviews but will that be to much ?
30w per sq ft is plenty especially with that height. 120 TRUE watts not equivalent should be plenty.

Twenty20

Twenty20

Supporter
I agree with @Aqua Man. 50 watts would be pushing it with low headspace. 30 Is about perfect. 1000 watts in that area would be way overkill..good luck 👊

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

So for a 5x5 its 1200 watts at 50 watts a square ft..so thats the norm?
Height is important. 50 watts is really overkill unless you are hanging high for most even coverage. It will depend on lot of if you are running something like strips or boards etc. Also if the led has lenses and what angles. I would say at 30w per sq ft you are hitting a very good light point in most cases. If eunning co2 more but again its going to depend on the individual fixture and the height.

I have a 6' ceiling with an hlg 600 that I can only run at 75%80% before light bleaching and to much stress when on 12/12. It covers a 4x4 fairly evenly. If ibhad more height i could run at 100% and probably cover a 5x5 no problem. Honestly I'm not sure where this 50w keeps coming from especially with how efficient most new led fixtures are.

Madmax

Madmax

Well that makes me feel better hearing you say 30watts.mine works out 33watts sq ft..ceiling is 2140..i reckon i probably wont even have the gavita flat out first run.was told it needs a higher ceiling..atleast i can dim to 600 without affecting the light spectrum too much..
Thanks for that Aqua..

Last edited:
Top Bottom