New inexperienced grower

• Thread starter 716legalgrow
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
716legalgrow

716legalgrow

Hello! This is my first time grow, things are going okay for the most part. Have few minor issues that I can’t trouble shoot. Any help would be great!

716legalgrow

716legalgrow

Did you have some more specific concerns?
I think it’s my humidity. I have been really slacking on keeping it filled up. I use 70/30 coco coir perlite. Add just 2mg of the general hydroponics flora series along with 4mg of cal mag and I balance the ph before hand. Thought it could’ve been my soils ph, so I flushed with straight distilled ph water. I have a clone (mother unknown will never get another from a different grower) and I don’t know how it’s mother was grown. It’s the only plant that I suspect is getting nutrient burn. My other 3 I started from seeds and they’re doing fantastic. My 2 northern light auto flowers popped thru the soil today. Not a single issue with any of them. Is it because I’m trying to grow a clone with unknown genetics? Such as I don’t know how it’s mother was tooken care of grown indoor or outdoor etc. I’ll post a picture here in a minute to show the difference between them.

Pushrod Monkey

Pushrod Monkey

I think it’s my humidity. I have been really slacking on keeping it filled up. I use 70/30 coco coir perlite. Add just 2mg of the general hydroponics flora series along with 4mg of cal mag and I balance the ph before hand. Thought it could’ve been my soils ph, so I flushed with straight distilled ph water. I have a clone (mother unknown will never get another from a different grower) and I don’t know how it’s mother was grown. It’s the only plant that I suspect is getting nutrient burn. My other 3 I started from seeds and they’re doing fantastic. My 2 northern light auto flowers popped thru the soil today. Not a single issue with any of them. Is it because I’m trying to grow a clone with unknown genetics? Such as I don’t know how it’s mother was tooken care of grown indoor or outdoor etc. I’ll post a picture here in a minute to show the difference between them.
Post pictures in natural light please. Whole plant and your areas of concern please. No grow light pictures.

716legalgrow

716legalgrow

Post pictures in natural light please. Whole plant and your areas of concern please. No grow light pictures.
810AA640 F722 418B AAE2 3041627BD1A0
948E4C6D 1F92 43C1 A6E2 5650F9C7C7CE
The second to last one is a different plant. It’s rainy out, no sunlight right now. Does it look okay? Am I just panicking?

3222B596 8203 4932 AB98 30FD7396667B
E5CD9E78 88C1 4DB7 AC48 2C044225BB09
DBE7522C AC58 4B2C A956 1DC58A9BDD9E
3C814D2D BAFD 4ED0 997C 2EE4936966B6
E724F908 883C 4788 94EF 7EEE843D636E
B8E4F6D6 2143 4849 8B00 EED53E416969
039F44E7 ED1F 49C0 A8D3 1C38BD402060
716legalgrow

716legalgrow

View attachment 1123125View attachment 1123127
I also have just been feeding my clone (the one I’m having problems with) water with only cal mag added. Since I thought I had nitrogen or phosphate builtup

716legalgrow

716legalgrow

Why is the soil in that big, fabric pot only wet in the middle?
I tried saturating the entire medium a few times until it started seeping out the bottom a little but was worried I was overwatering the plant.

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

I tried saturating the entire medium a few times until it started seeping out the bottom a little but was worried I was overwatering the plant.
You are actually under-watering it. If you water the plant to near-saturation and let it drain naturally, and then DON'T WATER AGAIN until it's near dry, you won't over-water.

After watering, every cubic centimeter of soil should be damp, including the sides of the cloth pot. If it's not, you haven't watered properly. Peat-based soils repel water when dry, so you really have to soak it if there is no wetting agent in the soil. Put cloth pots in a shallow dish, add water to the dish and watch it disappear over a half hour or so. Then ad more from the top.

As I always tell people, roots don't grow into dry soil. If parts of the soil in the pot are dry, the plant won't use it.

TSD

TSD

I tried saturating the entire medium a few times until it started seeping out there bottom a little but was worried I was overwatering the plant.
That's because it was bone dry and the water just poured from the top out the bottom without any soaking in... I agree it looks thirsty. I usually saturate mine over a course of a couple hours, it takes time for the water to absorb once they are very dry.

716legalgrow

716legalgrow

That's because it was bone dry and the water just poured from the top out the bottom without any soaking in... I agree it looks thirsty. I usually saturate mine over a course of a couple hours, it takes time for the water to absorb once they are very dry.
Sounds good. I flushed them yesterday to restore the medium, I’m gonna go all in with some nutrients today. They’ve just been getting cal mag water, I burned one a few weeks back. I’m confident in myself. I know imma fail first few tries. But that’s okay because I’ll come out experienced :)

Top Bottom