New iPhone Locks Out N.S.A.

• Thread starter liketosmoke
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
liketosmoke

liketosmoke

How is this related to marijuana?
The phone encrypts emails, photos and contacts based on a complex mathematical algorithm that uses a code created by, and unique to, the phone’s user — and that Apple says it will not possess.

The result, the company is essentially saying, is that if Apple is sent a court order demanding that the contents of an iPhone 6 be provided to intelligence agencies or law enforcement, it will turn over gibberish, along with a note saying that to decode the phone’s emails, contacts and photos, investigators will have to break the code or get the code from the phone’s owner.

geologic

geologic

Old Pharmer
Supporter
Security Agencies Unhappy With Apple iPhone 6?

"The iPhone 6 is capable of encrypting contacts, emails and photos using intricate mathematical algorithms. These algorithms are based on an alphanumeric passcode that varies between each individual iPhone 6 device, and is not stored on Apple’s servers."
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Yes: trust Apple,
and NSA news releases;
they be sellin' lotsa new phones--
an to a buncha new shady-types too...

> "...and is not stored on Apple’s servers."--
< It's stored on NSA servers...

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
That it has encryption is very useful for guys who not only log on to weed sites like this one, but also text friends about weed, and perhaps post pot pics.it def relates more to marijuana then the fact that those phones bend when you sit on them :)

Disable GPS and strip all photos of metadata.... pretty simple..

or just don't buy a fucking apple iphone to begin with :P

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
That it has encryption is very useful for guys who not only log on to weed sites like this one, but also text friends about weed, and perhaps post pot pics.it def relates more to marijuana then the fact that those phones bend when you sit on them :)

And that was NOT put in the marijuana news section....... it was put in the smokers lounge where bullshit goes :D

In this case this thread belongs in the activists thread .. my opinion...

QLTYlab

QLTYlab

haha what a joke, NSA has the best cryptographers in the world and you think they can't break this encryption? this is beyond comical. give them a few weeks.

PButter

PButter

RUN!!!
Supporter
So how can I tell if one of my photos has embedded gps data on it- I've been wanting to post but can't bring myself to it...

Pb

geologic

geologic

Old Pharmer
Supporter
So how can I tell if one of my photos has embedded gps data on it- I've been wanting to post but can't bring myself to it...Pb
Check the "Properties"/"Details"--
of the pictures...

PButter

PButter

RUN!!!
Supporter
Right on- I just did and it doesn't seem to give me any idea that gps data has been recorded. The freaky part is that they were taken from an iphone 5 or whatever...

QLTYlab

QLTYlab

Right on- I just did and it doesn't seem to give me any idea that gps data has been recorded. The freaky part is that they were taken from an iphone 5 or whatever...

there is an option in the phone's settings to disable geolocation tags on the photos. then to post online, you can further strip all details off the image when you right click the image in a folder on your computer under properties, "remove all details".

geologic

geologic

Old Pharmer
Supporter
there is an option in the phone's settings to disable geolocation tags on the photos. then to post online, you can further strip all details off the image when you right click the image in a folder on your computer under properties, "remove all details".
When uploading,
The Farm automatically strips all Exif data--
before you post pics...

Latest posts

Top Bottom