New leaves turning bright green/yellow

• Thread starter Panewbie
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Panewbie

Panewbie

Hey guys New grower here. This is my first plant (25 days old) and I noticed when I got home from work today my new leaves coming in are looking bright green/ yellow. Is this normal or is it an issue? Any comments or tips would be appreciated, thanks in advance.

New leaves turning bright greenyellow
Panewbie

Panewbie

I used only NPK , I've been reading about cal mag and want to grab some, any suggestions?

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
that’s not the reason why, you don’t really need that quite yet but get it if you like..
the plant looks fine, it could be the strain.
doesn’t seem to be a watering issue, probably not a light issue but those would be two possibilities..
by the way what light do you have and how far away is it?
what are you growing in?

Panewbie

Panewbie

that’s not the reason why, you don’t really need that quite yet but get it if you like..
the plant looks fine, it could be the strain.
doesn’t seem to be a watering issue, probably not a light issue but those would be two possibilities..
by the way what light do you have and how far away is it?
what are you growing in?
I bought a mars hydro 2x2x5 kit the light is a ts600 and have it 18 inches away from plant. I am growing in nature's care organic soil. Like I said this is my first time growing , I got a seed and just put it in soil to see if I could grow it. As it started actually growing I started trying to take it serious and bought the cheapest tent kit I could find. I'm hooked on not letting g it die now hahaha. Great new Hobbie just don't know much about it .

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
I bought a mars hydro 2x2x5 kit the light is a ts600 and have it 18 inches away from plant. I am growing in nature's care organic soil. Like I said this is my first time growing , I got a seed and just put it in soil to see if I could grow it. As it started actually growing I started trying to take it serious and bought the cheapest tent kit I could find. I'm hooked on not letting g it die now hahaha. Great new Hobbie just don't know much about it .
welcome to the club!
it happens to everyone!
ok led lights i’m not experienced with but lots of growers here are and will reply if help is needed, organic soil also never grown in. so you have been adding nutrients to your water in organic soil?
also see just a couple of your leaf edges are kinda curled upward? that could be your light being a bit close.
do you know your temps and humidity during lights on and off?
do you have good air circulation?

Panewbie

Panewbie

welcome to the club!
it happens to everyone!
ok led lights i’m not experienced with but lots of growers here are and will reply if help is needed, organic soil also never grown in. so you have been adding nutrients to your water in organic soil?
also see just a couple of your leaf edges are kinda curled upward? that could be your light being a bit close.
do you know your temps and humidity during lights on and off?
do you have good air circulation?
I added blood meal once but the soil it self already contains , earth worm castings, alfalfameal, bone meal and kelp meal. Circulation is good, I have a 4 inch inline exhaust fan , a intake fan and small humidifier. Temps during the day are around 77 and humidity stays at 55. Night temp gets around 68-69 and humidity stays the same. When I started it I literally had it in a small pot in my basement under a cheap grow hanging light bulb (from home depo I think) I transplanted it into different pot and put in tent 6 days ago. The temp in basement was 78 and humidity was around 65%. It is still growing just the leaves that are new are the only ones that color. The older leaves are still darker green. Also I'm getting new growth in between nodes that is increasing daily

20210708 171422
GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
I added blood meal once but the soil it self already contains , earth worm castings, alfalfameal, bone meal and kelp meal. Circulation is good, I have a 4 inch inline exhaust fan , a intake fan and small humidifier. Temps during the day are around 77 and humidity stays at 55. Night temp gets around 68-69 and humidity stays the same. When I started it I literally had it in a small pot in my basement under a cheap grow hanging light bulb (from home depo I think) I transplanted it into different pot and put in tent 6 days ago. The temp in basement was 78 and humidity was around 65%. It is still growing just the leaves that are new are the only ones that color. The older leaves are still darker green. Also I'm getting new growth in between nodes that is increasing daily
she loves the new environment which seems perfect, just let her do her thing, if anything just watch that the light is not too close..
also the soil has enough food in it to last almost 2 months, after you will have to start to feed.
keep us posted and the growers here will help you along the way!

Panewbie

Panewbie

she loves the new environment which seems perfect, just let her do her thing, if anything just watch that the light is not too close..
also the soil has enough food in it to last almost 2 months, after you will have to start to feed.
keep us posted and the growers here will help you along the way!
Would it be to early to low stress train/bend it? I think I'm going to try that and not top it. I'm not to worried about a huge yield because it is going to just be a personal stash and since it's my first go I don't want to get my hopes super high.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

That is some interesting soil and you have a drain issue.
Do not feed the plant anything except water and light.
That soil is made to feed the plant. Everyone buys this wonderful soil and then dumps more food into it.
Do NOT feed plants in ORGANIC soil. The soil IS the food. The only thing you add to organic soil is MBE's (Microbes, Bacteria, Enzymes).
All new growth is a lighter color green until it finishes expanding and absorbs enough light.
If they are not greening up (getting darker) which I can see from bottom to top that they are, just slowly, then move your light closer or dial it up.
we run our lights at full power at 18 inches and the plants love it.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Would it be to early to low stress train/bend it? I think I'm going to try that and not top it. I'm not to worried about a huge yield because it is going to just be a personal stash and since it's my first go I don't want to get my hopes super high.
Start now. You could start from the get go and train it to grow in a circle inside the edge of the pot. My wife is working on one like this.

Panewbie

Panewbie

That is some interesting soil and you have a drain issue.
Do not feed the plant anything except water and light.
That soil is made to feed the plant. Everyone buys this wonderful soil and then dumps more food into it.
Do NOT feed plants in ORGANIC soil. The soil IS the food. The only thing you add to organic soil is MBE's (Microbes, Bacteria, Enzymes).
All new growth is a lighter color green until it finishes expanding and absorbs enough light.
If they are not greening up (getting darker) which I can see from bottom to top that they are, just slowly, then move your light closer or dial it up.
we run our lights at full power at 18 inches and the plants love it.
Thanks. When I got the soil I thought "organic" meant I would have to add my own food. After looking up the soil I noticed it had the things in it that I listed above, that was absolutely a rookie mistake on my part. I went into this not expecting anything to come from it then boom it started growing and I'm super excited about this new hobby and probably a little over anxious haha . But thank you for the info, just water and light for a while.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

These kinds of pots are fine in the beginning, but over time they set a water level inside of them. If there is not enough drainage down low, then your plants can actually drown.

Panewbie

Panewbie

I'm so glad you posted that pic because I was thinking of doing that earlier but did not know if it would hurt roots,

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

I did that particular pot with a plant in it. It didn't hurt it at all. Of course, I only went deep enough to make the holes.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Organic means that you will let natural processes feed the plant. That means you just add water and light.
The soil is the food. Microbes, Bacteria and Enzymes all combine to reduce the soil to a form that the plants can eat.
Non organic should be in some sort of non-degradable soil like coco.
That soil probably has enough food to last until you are ready to flip.
Then you add more soil and MBE's.

Top Bottom