new member and wild cannabis grow

• Thread starter raredave
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
raredave

raredave

Supporter
Hi, I bought some seeds from the real seed company titled "Syrian", this pot had 2 general phenotypes taller and shorter, the shorter version had this strange mutation I had never seen before where the node distance would be really really short, like 50 nodes inside an inch of stalk, so I crossed that mutated short bushy type of the Syrian from Real Seed Company with my personal Indica strain, then I found an example with the short node distance trait and crossed it into my Indica again, and these photos are the newly hatched seedlings, looking again for the short node distance trait out of these, hope I don't need to hatch out 500 to find one but if none can be found I will back cross and look more,

overall the Syrian seemed to be a cultivar for blonde hashish, the stone wasn't what you would want in a modern pot at all, very bright, the plant produced a ton of oil, but the high was not what you expect buying cannabis in today's market.

New member and wild cannabis grow
New member and wild cannabis grow 2
New member and wild cannabis grow 3
New member and wild cannabis grow 4
New member and wild cannabis grow 5
New member and wild cannabis grow 6
New member and wild cannabis grow 7
New member and wild cannabis grow 8
raredave

raredave

Supporter
I didn't grab a picture of that but I can grab a shot of the 50/50 cross with my indica which looks a little ragged as it's been around a while but you can definitely see what I'm saying with node distance about in that specimin. I like this trait as it makes the entire plant grow like a big cactus, one big fat cola the width of my arm running straight up to the sky.

I did save a few seeds of the Syrian so maybe I could hatch out another full mutant node distance trait but at this point not sure if I want to spend time on it, will depend on how far I get with this batch and then the cross back to 50/50 from 75/25

the syrian with the node distance mutation looked silly like something my mentor would have thrown away immediately, I gave it a lot of time and eventually a branch shot out and I was able to take a cutting, once that cutting rooted it was clear sailing, the nodes spaced a little farther apart and the plant shot up like an arrow, could be something about the change in environment caused the more indica looking phenos to do that initially, if you can imagine a tiny little mutant lump of green with a few stems shooting out,

Cattapilla

Cattapilla

Welcome to the farm, and keep us up with your progress!

raredave

raredave

Supporter
so I suppose other plants I have also have this trait, it kind of reminds me of Jack Herer which also has very close node structure, but the Syrian has an early finish and weighs a ton and produces a lot of oil, we will see how they come out

20200318 161057
Top Bottom