New Member Looking For Direction In Journey!

• Thread starter Aotpiv
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Aotpiv

Aotpiv

Greetings THCFarmers!

I am blown away by this site and its community. I have not ventured out of grasscity in awhile but I am certainly glad I did now. I was born in a state that still to this day actively arrests and charges citizens for even the smallest amounts of personal possession. After being arrested twice for having less than a gram of marijuana on my person I realized maybe this was not the state for me. So when a friend asked if I would like to move to Honolulu HI right after grad high school it was an easy decision. 18 at the time I was blown away, finally a place where the people around me didn’t treat marijuana like it was crack cocaine or look at me like a drug addict for smoking a joint or two after work. I was making almost no money working a restaurant but was loving every moment of it. After a few months a friend brought me to his grow operation he had out in the sticks. An outdoor crop of 12 plants way off of the beaten path. This would be a life changing experience for me, until now the only thing I knew about marijuana was what strains I preferred to smoke, now maybe just maybe I would never have to spend another dime on this amazing plant. He gave me some pointers and a rundown of everything he was doing at the time. I later learned this was far from the correct way to be growing outdoors. So 19yr old me is thinking ok I need to start growing for the simple fact I didn’t want to continue spending a portion of my income every week. The thought that I could someday make a living from this was still far from my mind. I lived in the middle of the city so setting up a guerrilla hut in the rainforest like I was shown was not exactly an option. I dragged my feet for about another year before the lack of income started to wear me down. So after being there 3 years I decided it was time to move back home, maybe find a career I was genuinely interest in and could make a living with. I come from a very conservative family from a small town that is never short on ignorance. Still being very young and impressionable, I had the feeling that I should be going in the direction my parents and those around me wanted to go, which was far from the marijuana industry. I consider myself a fairly intelligent person, new jobs and skills I can pick up pretty fast but if I don’t have a real drive or passion for something, forget about it. Why spend a large portion of your life doing something you don’t truly love? A lot of my family and people I looked up to lived the other way, they made good money but did they enjoy what they did? Hell no. So after two years of electrical school, I knew that wasn’t for me. Maybe go work for my father and follow in his footsteps?……think again. Now 23 years old working construction back in NE hopelessly trying to find something I could make a living at and that I was interested in. At this point in my life I had about 3 things that met that criteria-computers, mary jane and BJJ which only one I saw could be a potential career. So I took what money I had saved and took off to Key west FL to start school for computer science. I learned more about myself and what I wanted to do and what I was capable of in those 4 years than I did my previous 23. One of the most important things, the internet is capable of much more than I ever knew and prob will ever know. Other than 1 or 2 plants indoors at a time, my growing skills were not improving at the rate I would like. Honestly 90% of the bud was shipped from another state and then marked way up because they had you trapped out there. Once I saw Massachusetts was legalizing recreational I saw my opportunity, I moved back home with plans to start growing asap. Other than family I know zero established growers or anything of the sort after being gone for so long. Now there are talks that they want to push the date back for the bill or change it outright. I can’t spend anymore of my life dragging my feet waiting. I strongly believe this is the best time in American history to be producing marijuana , similar to when prohibition ended just at a slower rate. Do you all recommend finding a farm maybe out west to trade labor for knowledge? I did a little research on Wwoof and sites like that, but I figure you guys are the right ones to ask, a lot of you are light years ahead of me and honestly where I want to be! I’m aware when it comes to these things it’s all about trust, which has to be earned, as it should be. Any advice is welcome! I know this was long and drawn out, if you made it to the end thank you! Maybe someone else out there was once on a similar path

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
I have a suggestion, use the spacebar. Im a bit dyslexic and I have ADD, when there are no breaks my mind panics and I read the same line over and over never absorbing a single word of what I read. I couldnt read the giant paragraph but I would like to help if you have a question.

GanjaNGains

GanjaNGains

Greetings THCFarmers!

I am blown away by this site and its community. I have not ventured out of grasscity in awhile but I am certainly glad I did now. I was born in a state that still to this day actively arrests and charges citizens for even the smallest amounts of personal possession. After being arrested twice for having less than a gram of marijuana on my person I realized maybe this was not the state for me. So when a friend asked if I would like to move to Honolulu HI right after grad high school it was an easy decision. 18 at the time I was blown away, finally a place where the people around me didn’t treat marijuana like it was crack cocaine or look at me like a drug addict for smoking a joint or two after work. I was making almost no money working a restaurant but was loving every moment of it. After a few months a friend brought me to his grow operation he had out in the sticks. An outdoor crop of 12 plants way off of the beaten path. This would be a life changing experience for me, until now the only thing I knew about marijuana was what strains I preferred to smoke, now maybe just maybe I would never have to spend another dime on this amazing plant. He gave me some pointers and a rundown of everything he was doing at the time. I later learned this was far from the correct way to be growing outdoors. So 19yr old me is thinking ok I need to start growing for the simple fact I didn’t want to continue spending a portion of my income every week. The thought that I could someday make a living from this was still far from my mind. I lived in the middle of the city so setting up a guerrilla hut in the rainforest like I was shown was not exactly an option. I dragged my feet for about another year before the lack of income started to wear me down. So after being there 3 years I decided it was time to move back home, maybe find a career I was genuinely interest in and could make a living with. I come from a very conservative family from a small town that is never short on ignorance. Still being very young and impressionable, I had the feeling that I should be going in the direction my parents and those around me wanted to go, which was far from the marijuana industry. I consider myself a fairly intelligent person, new jobs and skills I can pick up pretty fast but if I don’t have a real drive or passion for something, forget about it. Why spend a large portion of your life doing something you don’t truly love? A lot of my family and people I looked up to lived the other way, they made good money but did they enjoy what they did? Hell no. So after two years of electrical school, I knew that wasn’t for me. Maybe go work for my father and follow in his footsteps?……think again. Now 23 years old working construction back in NE hopelessly trying to find something I could make a living at and that I was interested in. At this point in my life I had about 3 things that met that criteria-computers, mary jane and BJJ which only one I saw could be a potential career. So I took what money I had saved and took off to Key west FL to start school for computer science. I learned more about myself and what I wanted to do and what I was capable of in those 4 years than I did my previous 23. One of the most important things, the internet is capable of much more than I ever knew and prob will ever know. Other than 1 or 2 plants indoors at a time, my growing skills were not improving at the rate I would like. Honestly 90% of the bud was shipped from another state and then marked way up because they had you trapped out there. Once I saw Massachusetts was legalizing recreational I saw my opportunity, I moved back home with plans to start growing asap. Other than family I know zero established growers or anything of the sort after being gone for so long. Now there are talks that they want to push the date back for the bill or change it outright. I can’t spend anymore of my life dragging my feet waiting. I strongly believe this is the best time in American history to be producing marijuana , similar to when prohibition ended just at a slower rate. Do you all recommend finding a farm maybe out west to trade labor for knowledge? I did a little research on Wwoof and sites like that, but I figure you guys are the right ones to ask, a lot of you are light years ahead of me and honestly where I want to be! I’m aware when it comes to these things it’s all about trust, which has to be earned, as it should be. Any advice is welcome! I know this was long and drawn out, if you made it to the end thank you! Maybe someone else out there was once on a similar path

Welcome my friend

Ha happy to help long as the next post is a lil shorter ha

Aotpiv

Aotpiv

I have a suggestion, use the spacebar. Im a bit dyslexic and I have ADD, when there are no breaks my mind panics and I read the same line over and over never absorbing a single word of what I read. I couldnt read the giant paragraph but I would like to help if you have a question.

I apologize, I figured the bigger it looked the less likely someone would take the time to read. Im hoping to find someone on the west coast
Welcome my friend

Ha happy to help long as the next post is a lil shorter ha

Haha, much appreciated! I have gotten a lot of advice so far and its seems I need to get my butt to the WC and stop twiddling my thumbs over on the east. Other than the emerald triangle can you recommend any areas in northern cali maybe oregon or wash to find work? Thank you!

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
Actually I meant use the return key for paragraph breaks and devide the whole thing into subjects.

My suggestion would be to pop some seeds and read up as you go, theres no better experience than OJT. Finding a farm to work on is a dream lots of people chase straight to nowhere.

GanjaNGains

GanjaNGains

I apologize, I figured the bigger it looked the less likely someone would take the time to read. Im hoping to find someone on the west coast

Haha, much appreciated! I have gotten a lot of advice so far and its seems I need to get my butt to the WC and stop twiddling my thumbs over on the east. Other than the emerald triangle can you recommend any areas in northern cali maybe oregon or wash to find work? Thank you!

I'm in So Cal my friend don't venture to far from San Diego but may the best of luck b w u on your journey

Aotpiv

Aotpiv

I'm in So Cal my friend don't venture to far from San Diego but may the best of luck b w u on your journey

Hmmm interesting, I have been told by a few people 90% of the production is in the north and the south is all the consumers. Your saying I might have better luck in the san diego area over say the emerald triangle? I much pref the city to rural country so I hope your right! Thank you

BDH420

BDH420

HI did you say you're in MA? If you are Theory Wellness is hiring almost all positions right now. This is a great way to get your foot in the door. There's a lot of opportunity here in MA right now. The new england cannabis expo was packed lots a new jobs are coming to MA you just need to stay connected to the community. Go to any meet ups you can. Try to meet people in the industry. Apply at any cannabis job that's hiring. Once regulations do pass here in MA the door will be wide open for you. oh here is the link for those jobs at Theory, Good luck. I'm in the same boat I have known since the day i was born this is what I want to do with my life. so many times i almost moved to CA from MA but now everyone i talk to in CA says stay here it's about to go off next year. Im hoping they dont change the law much I have been attending the hearings and even had a testimony i wrote read at one on why home growing is important. Check out the Boston Trees sub Reddit theres lots of good posts there. I found the Theory wellness job posting there. Hope this all helps

Greetings THCFarmers!

Aotpiv

Aotpiv

HI did you say you're in MA? If you are Theory Wellness is hiring almost all positions right now. This is a great way to get your foot in the door. There's a lot of opportunity here in MA right now. The new england cannabis expo was packed lots a new jobs are coming to MA you just need to stay connected to the community. Go to any meet ups you can. Try to meet people in the industry. Apply at any cannabis job that's hiring. Once regulations do pass here in MA the door will be wide open for you. oh here is the link for those jobs at Theory, Good luck. I'm in the same boat I have known since the day i was born this is what I want to do with my life. so many times i almost moved to CA from MA but now everyone i talk to in CA says stay here it's about to go off next year. Im hoping they dont change the law much I have been attending the hearings and even had a testimony i wrote read at one on why home growing is important. Check out the Boston Trees sub Reddit theres lots of good posts there. I found the Theory wellness job posting there. Hope this all helps

Yes I am currently in Mass, wow thank you for the info brother! Very helpful, it would be nice to not have to move. Plus being one of the first states on the EC with Recreational I fell as though the demand will be very high. But they are trying to stop the opening of rec shops next year and reduce the amount each person can grow for personal use. Do you feel like that could ruin everything or at very least keep us all waiting for five or ten more years

GanjaNGains

GanjaNGains

Hmmm interesting, I have been told by a few people 90% of the production is in the north and the south is all the consumers. Your saying I might have better luck in the san diego area over say the emerald triangle? I much pref the city to rural country so I hope your right! Thank you

I believe there is a lot of production in the north as far as size of each operation but nothing beat so cal life and wheather my friend ha

Top Bottom