New Member Seeking Advice On Raw Nutes

• Thread starter Rick Wilson
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
R

Rick Wilson

Been an outdoor grower for 6 years and took to the art as a natural trait. Always have used commercial nutes in grow bags and always have had impressive harvests. This season however, I have obtained large 5 gallon bucket of raw white ammonium nitrate and P-K rocks. To me these are raw materials and I do not know at what ratio to mix these as ive not seen anyone with exp. Mixing these nutes manually. Im 2-3 months into veg with no flowering as of yet. (My season stretches into the middle of Nov.) They need nitrogen and some potash but I know next to nothing about these nutes in this form. Help or wisdom would be indeed appreciated

ken dog

ken dog

You got some serious searching ahead of you... There's a lot more to it than just knowing the ratios.

You need to know the concentrations of the ingredients you are working with, then convert them to ratios.

The more you understand about the questions that you need to ask, the fewer questions you will have.

R

Rick Wilson

Well, I know the AN is 34% by weight (100 lbs) and my sulfate potash is 45% by weight (100 lbs) is this info any more helpful?

MeJuana

MeJuana

There's a chemist named Daniel Fernandez who started a blog on mixing your own nutrients cheaply. He is focused on hydro but it doesn't matter what you use the nutrients for.

R

Rick Wilson

I have a "contact" at the local farmers co-op that can mix any combination of fert at whatever %'s are most productive. So it's basically akin to having the keys to every ferrari at the dealership but not knowing how to drive. Lulz,,, I know this forum is full of "mario andrettis" so im hoping between the two you guys can help me develop some super nutes :)
:party1:

Savage Henry

Savage Henry

I'll second the Fatman thread.

Also look for posts by @nMEEKS he had a really simple formula consisting of calcium nitrate, mono potassium phosphate, Epsom salt, and a micronutrient mix.

Also the cheap alternatives sticky, and a thread called "my formula can beat up your formula" or something like that.

I researched for like a month and still only have a vague grasp on fertilizer calculations. Hydrobuddy is a huge help.

Last edited:
Hate Life

Hate Life

You can download a book (pdf file), called Marijuana Mass Production Made Easy. It is a old school book, however I remember seeing a section on how to mix your own raw nutrients, the way it is broken down is simple, and it is truly astonishing how cheap this method is.

Also a good idea from the book is to add sea kelp to your mixture to increase flavor of the flowers. Gives a bit of an organic twist on to the synthetic nutrients.

Here is a formula for GROW (G);

"The Grow formula listed below will make approx 80 gallons at 700 PPM

1G).
CaNO3 224 grams Calcium Nitrate
2G).
K2SO4 28 grams Potassium Sulphate
3G).
KNO3 86 grams Potassium Nitrate
4G).
KH2PO4 46 grams Mono Potassium Phosphate
5G).
MGSO4 132 grams Magnesium Sulphate
6G).
Trace 24 grams Trace Elements"

Here is the formula for Bloom (B);

"The Bud formula listed below will make approx 80 gallons at 900 PPM
1B).
CaNO3 315 grams Calcium Nitrate
2B).
K2SO4 128 grams Potassium Sulphate
3B).
KH2PO4 104 grams Mono Potassium Phosphate
4B).
MGSO4 213 grams Magnesium Sulphate
5B).
Trace 34 grams Trace Elements"

There is also some information on how to mix this.

"Once all the ingredients are ready you must mix them in the correct order. lf you change the order of the mix the nutrients will bond together and the food will become useless. Start by filling a rubber garbage can with HOT WATER. This can be done with a garden hose attached to any household tap. You will also need a large stir stick, approximately 4ft in length x 2 inches x 3 inches. Each ingredient should be mixed very well for 1 minute or until the solution is clear in appearance. The ingredients are listed in sequence below."

Now of course, you are going to have to scale this down for your own use (or up!), but this is a good formula, and will work well as a reference point.

Hope it helps, peace.

Last edited:
Top Bottom