new microgrow in homemade box

• Thread starter mikeb437
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
mikeb437

mikeb437

No Im not sure those are seed pods,, im a first time grower. Actually,, , I squeezed one of those seed pods on sat and there was nothing in it.. I figured there would be something growing in it by now but there is still no visible signs of a brown seed. And I thought I was very careful in removing the males early enough before they popped. So please take a close look at all my posts and see if you can tell because I cannot! That would be awesome news!!!

mikeb437

mikeb437

If you look on the first page you will see what nutes in using. It is for the bloom stage of growth so I would figure it has the correct balance. I'm not too knowledgeable on that aspect. I'm reluctant to use molasses because of that. I want to try the easy way first and work from there as I grow more n more.
I'm trying to use less nutes at this point and have been diluting my nutes a bit more these last few feedings. Now the yellowing leaves are normal during flowering? That's just the plant losing the nitrogen?? I plan on going just water at week 7 of flowering and possibly harvesting between weeks 8-9 for 1 plant and 9-10 for the other to get 2 different results for each plant.

BrianDirt

BrianDirt

It is hard to tell but if you get some seeds oh well, some look like they could have some and some don't. Yellow is fine in late flower, if you are not ready to flush then you can give more N to counter. Then just flush the last few waterings before harvest. And the harvest time is up to you, you can harvest half then let the rest go a week longer to get more couch lock high.

mikeb437

mikeb437

That's what I was thinking,, it's the same strain so I figured if I mix up the harvest time between the 2, i will get 2 different effects.
Then all I have to worry bout is drying n curing properly..

B

bgsixxxniner

Yo mike ur setup is nice & clean. The plants look great. That setup looks perfecct 4 a scrog. U should try it next grow. Cant wait to see some dank nugs when u harvest....good luck bro.

BrianDirt

BrianDirt

You can take each plant (harvest) a little apart and then you would have a good test of the two and will better know next grow what was a better high with this strain. More milkey or amber heads!

OctoberDee

OctoberDee

If you squeezed those little pods and there was no seed then it probably is just a swollen flower of which a group is called a calyx. The tips of your leaves are brown and curling while your plants seem pretty green that's why I asked if you were still using nitrogen. If you're using a bloom mix then you're ok. Maybe heat that's causing leave tip browning and curling. Either way no big deal, looking good.

mikeb437

mikeb437

I've been trying to cut down on the nutes just in case it's nute burn. I actually took a dropper and counted the drops of nutes I use per gallon and over the next few weeks I will decrease the nutes I put in the water. As far at the heat, it's a steady 80 degrees with the lights on. Not sure how hot/cold it is when they are off but the plants have been like that for a while now with no major problems. I don't want to try bending them over either at this point. I'm using floros and they don't get that hot so I'm not sure why they are brown n curling at the tips..

mikeb437

mikeb437

Will these seed pods start opening and exposing the seed when it's time to harvest?

Purpstickipunch

Purpstickipunch

\You want the plants to allmost be all yellow to get out the N for better taste and burn, so some flush 2 weeks out some less. At the end of a flush water will be clear.

Yes. I read this is Tommy Chongs/Ed Rosenthals book they published together.

Purpstickipunch

Purpstickipunch

Awesome Setup! Loved your grow journal. Glad you posted to me, because I was having the same problem you experienced during veg. I flushed my poor Purp-her name, to see if that would help. Im guessing it did so tomorrow all babies are gonna be flushed and givin pure straight water. So glad I came to your journal. Lessons learned buddie! Thanks. Ill be checking back to see your progress. Don't forget harvesting,curing,drying, all that bit is just as important as growing the plant.

mikeb437

mikeb437

I need alot of help when it comes to drying and curing. That's one aspect of the grow I haven't done much research about. Been looking at YouTube videos but I would appreciate all you farmers out there to give me good advice on the proper/easy way of doing it. I've read some threads where they talk about months of the drying/curing process,, does it really take that long??!

mikeb437

mikeb437

week 10,, 6th week of flowering

2-3 more weeks to go!! buds are filling in nicely. getting more thc crystals around the buds too. i am still having a problem with the brown tips on the leaves.. i am using less nutes and the plant is minimum 6inches from light so it cant be the heat so im clueless..i will try even less nutes on my next batch as i am using a dropper to add the nutes to the water to fully measure whats going in. i bought some molasses from amazon for 8 bux and im waiting for that to come.. someone suggested that and i did some research and it looks like it'll be fun to try. i absolutely looove this process!! its kick ass learning all these things and i thank all of you that have helped me! still not over though.. here are the pics for this week!

3121.jpg

836.jpg
935.jpg
739.jpg
11101.jpg
934.jpg
569.jpg
3121.jpg
2168.jpg

C

chroniccandyny

looking good so far man keep it up im a indoor grower my self

B

bgsixxxniner

I need alot of help when it comes to drying and curing. That's one aspect of the grow I haven't done much research about. Been looking at YouTube videos but I would appreciate all you farmers out there to give me good advice on the proper/easy way of doing it. I've read some threads where they talk about months of the drying/curing process,, does it really take that long??!

Yo mike b plants look great. Ive never went 2 months on a cure. 1st i never harvest more than an ounce, & i cant wait that long. The longest ive cured for was 2 weeks. Its pretty simple though.

Just trim buds up(save trimmings). Place in a dark dry place w/ a lil air flow(i use a cardboard box w/ a string across to hang buds). It usually takes 4-5 days sometimes 3 for buds to dry up good on outside. Some people say wait for stem to snap, but i just feel bud & if it feels kinda crispy on outside it can go into mason jar. Then i open jar for next few days for about 1-2 hours or until buds crisp back up. After a few days or so your buds should feel dry but sort of spongy instead of crispy. Also after few days of burpin jar the chloryphyll(grassy smell) should be gone and buds should smell like dank. The buds do get better(smell, potency,& taste) over the 2 weeks of curing. Idk about after that cause by 2 weeks my shit is usually smoked up. But others say the longer u leave it the better, but when 2 months hits it doesnt get no better.

This is just what i do, so its by no means the only way, but it works for me. Its just a guide. Gl, holla

mikeb437

mikeb437

How much air flow goes thru a box with a couple holes on either end? I was thinking about running a string on the inside of my box and hanging them in there with the exhaust fan going. I'm not sure if that's too much air flow or not. Or,, I was just going to cut the buds from the stems and put in a mason jar right away. I want to do what's best so if either of these idea's suck,, please let me know..

OctoberDee

OctoberDee

You have some nice little nugs there. Easiest way is just to cut from the bottom stem and hang them upside down in a dark cool dry place.. I use my closet with a sliding door and hang from a nail in the ceiling. Do not put your weed in a mason jar until it is almost all the way dry. After hang drying for a couple days to a few days (depending on your areas humidity level) when the outside leaves feel crispy you can either cut the buds off the stem or just cut the main stem off leaving the branches with buds attached intact. You place them in a paper bag for another few days (if they're on branch it'll only take a little longer than if you snip off the buds but you'll get a better cure) and leave in said dark dry area occasionally opening the bag and gently turning the buds, or just moving them around. It'll probably take a week or two but basically you want it almost all the way dry in the bag. You'll know when it's pretty dry because the branches you did or did not cut off will be very dry and will probably snap when you bend them. After that store in a mason jar. You can pretty much smoke it at the point of putting it in the mason jar. The mason jar will pretty much lock in the flavors and smells. After awhile, like a fine wine, the appearance, smell and flavor may enhance. Don't over think it, the snipping of the water leaves or fan leaves can be done either before you hang dry or after. You can also just take the big leaves off until dry, then remove the extra leaves after. Not too much to it.
:passingjoint:

mikeb437

mikeb437

Thanks bgsixxx and october dee. That's good info your giving me. I'll definitely try not to over think it... My mantra this entire grow was to keep it simple so I'll keep that in mind at the end.

mikeb437

mikeb437

first seed

this baby was starting to pop out this morn so i pulled it out.. im a daddy! looks nice and brown..

photo63.JPG

mikeb437

mikeb437

Hey guys,, been doing research and I've heard I shouldn't bother flushing with molasses because I shoulda done it from the beginning of flowering and not just the final 2 weeks. any thoughts? Just got my jar of molasses and now bummed I can't use it.. I want to start flushing one of the plants this weekend for early picking. Also,, I want to pick one of the plants early in harvest for a good head high. What should I look for in the trichs to tell me it's time to pick for that kinda buzz?

Top Bottom