new microgrow in homemade box

• Thread starter mikeb437
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
OctoberDee

OctoberDee

You don't really need molasses to flush, just some pure water would be suffice. You can use molasses all the way through growth but it won't mess up your flush even if you did use some now, just not really effective. Look for the mostly milky looking trichs for an early heady buzz. Judging by your pics your pretty close to that point. You'll know when the trichs turn amber because the bud looks like it has a golden aura. You def don't need to wait that long but you'll learn when a good time to pick after you do it a few times. You'll just develop that feeling that it's time to pluck, like a Weed Jedi.

mikeb437

mikeb437

Week 11 ,, 7th week into flowering

Coming down to the wire here. I started flushing my plants tonight and will continue until I harvest. Im just using regular tap water thats been sitting out for a while. I didnt test ph before i watered. They are reall starting to smell and it is becoming noticeable. Thank goodness I only have a while to go yet. I checked the trichs tonight and some of them are becoming cloudy. But most are still clear. I will keep a close eye on them and continue flushing for a few a week or so and then I will stop all waterings and throw in the dark for a few days before I harvest.. Here's the latest pics.. End of week 7

please rate my post and comment!!!

photo_8_10.JPG
photo_7_9.JPG
photo_6_11.JPG
photo_1_18.JPG
photo_11_6.JPG
photo_10_5.JPG
photo_5_13.JPG
photo_2_18.JPG
photo_6_10.JPG
photo_4_17.JPG
photo_3_15.JPG
photo_9_6.JPG

BrianDirt

BrianDirt

Allmost all red hairs so I say they are real close! But then if the trics are as you say, then my plants has been like that for a week and I'm checking it all the time.
And any thing going in next?

mikeb437

mikeb437

Yea Brian, I was thinking maybe next week I'll pick. I'm gonna keep a close eye on these and fully inspect every time I water. Gonna take a break for a while and relax before my next attempt but it's definately gonna be all feminized seeds in the next grow! Ha!

mikeb437

mikeb437

Just curious,, can I pick these now if I wanted? Few of the Tricks are getting cloudy but none of them are amber. Was going to pull a bud or 2 for the hell of it. Also. How many days minimum do I need to flush before I harvest? Been flushing since friday

CrippledArcher

CrippledArcher

Sure, pull one and it can be a test. You can test how you are going to dry it,trim it etc. First time grower myself too. You learn a lot really quick don't you.Good luck with the final harvest. Curing is a bitch the first time,it is just as much as art as the growing IMO. Check signature if you want to see White window and Sour D from a fellow first timer .

SonOfDaMourning

SonOfDaMourning

nice grow! it reminds me of my second diy box, the 1st was cardboard, smh i know now! your doing very good considering your medium and experience, thumbs up bro! the 150w should be good in your area if you cool tube it, that will give you more head room. i have a 2.5'x1.5'x3' that i run two 150w diy cool tubes( unfotunately the supplier no longer stocks the 25$ 150w hps vapor sealed to convert), inline with a odorsok cooled by 2 4" can fans, one one each end. btw the odorsoks suck for anything past week 6 but good for a mini grow yet it was my veg area. ill post pics if you want to see how i fit everything in and how big i started and how big they got, i have around 15 different clones in there in 1L pots and still getting full penetration.

mikeb437

mikeb437

Thanks for the info guys,, nice thread you have there crippledarcher,, nice to see a grow from start to finish. And son , I'll definitely look for a cool tube setup if I go to hps my next grow. I might pull a couple Nugs off on sat, that's my 8 week point. Then wait a bit till I get some amber thichs then harvest. I've read newbies get too anxious and pull the plants too soon and I'm not going to make that mistake!! Lol

mikeb437

mikeb437

week 12,, 8th week into flowering

END OF WEEK 8,,CRUNCH TIME! took these pics last night. thich's are really filling in the plant. the buds are starting to sparkle! everything looks good but my concern is the fact that MY PLANTS DONT SMELL DANK!. shouldnt they be stinking up the place? i put my nose right up to the buds and there wasnt that strong smell im used to smelling on my buds. maybe that happens after i start the drying/ curing process?? please inform me about that someone!!! leaves are turning yellow and most all trichs are a cloudy color. im going to take 1 plant and start 3 days of darkness starting tomorrow and stop watering. then harvest on wed. ( THAT TOO EARLY??) and the other plant i was going to leave in the box for another week or until i seen 20% amber trichs. I ALSO NOTICED LAST NIGHT THAT MY RH WAS AROUND 15-20%in my box because im watering them less. is that going to be a problem? at this point im winging it and i dont know of any special things i need to do so if anyone has any comments or advice PLEASE comment.. i check this thread 10x a day at this point.. lol heres this weeks pics..

photo_4_20.JPG
photo_3_18.JPG
photo_2_20.JPG
photo_1_21.JPG
photo_8_11.JPG
photo_9_7.JPG
photo_7_10.JPG
photo_6_12.JPG
photo_10_6.JPG

mikeb437

mikeb437

Lights out!!!

Checked on my girls tonight for the usually watering. Noticed some amber trichs on the flowers and decided to switch the lights off for the next 2 days. Lights were only on for about an hour so I switched them off and switched off the ventilation fan as well but left on the circulation fan . I will remove one of the doors so there's some fresh air flowing in the box and just leave the plastic cover on. I will count this as one of the 3 days of darkness and chop on wed night and I did not water!!! Rh is around 30%. Should I put a bucket of water in my box to raise the rh? This sound like proper procedure? This is crunch time and I need all the help I can get!!

BrianDirt

BrianDirt

Yeah lots of grows coming to harvest at the same time. I won't be doing the dark period like you, and my understanding is it makes more trics? Don't think you want the RH too high in the later flowering stage due to the chance of budrot.

CrippledArcher

CrippledArcher

Yeah no need to add water, With the RH that low it can help in a way for drying but just watch it a tad more. And if this is your first harvest you will do OK but the next time you will learn from the mistakes you are going to make this time.

mikeb437

mikeb437

Brian,, where the heck have you been? I've been going nuts here with no input from you guys! Lol. Getting 50 hits a day on this thread but no one comments!! I'm shittin in my pants that I'm gonna mess things up here...

BrianDirt

BrianDirt

Yeah been working a bunch again, but not sure why not to many comment on threads everyone like input on thier grows good or bad.

mikeb437

mikeb437

Harvest day!!!

Day 57 of flowering and I just chopped my first grow!! When I clipped the stem, A shower of seeds came raining down from my buds so I guess it's ripe! I haven't watered since basically Saturday night. The buds feel dry and the leaves are crispy to the touch. Don't know if I should just stick into paper bags or leave to hang for a bit more.????? Like i said,, they havent been watered for days and the rh is hanging around 30% so I'm sure they are getting dry fast. I will wait till the thin branches "snap" before I put into mason jars. But I need advice on if I should leave hanging or bag'em...

photo68.JPG
photo_1_22.JPG
photo_2_21.JPG
photo_3_19.JPG
photo_4_21.JPG

Aerojoe

Aerojoe

Hey mike, hows it going? I just checked out your grow, gj for your first time. how many of the plants have your harvested already? imo if your drying enviro is in the 20-30 percent range it could be drying your meds too quickly and you'll lose a lot of flavor/smell that way, but it could be worse. Atleast your meds don't smell like hay. do they? lol. Try to extend the dry a few days to around 7 days. If possible continue to flush out the ones your going to take out a week longer and give this a shot and see if it helps. I'm a bit behind you on the schedule so I'll be harvesting some time after you. Anyway man, I'm sure you'll get it down, I'm a fan of the nutes your using but I really think you need a measuring tool. Cause dropper is like your feeding in the dark, it's hard to even know how much to adjust your nutes cause your not even sure how much you put in each time. Seems like your biggest issues this grow may have been more feeding than anything, I wouldn't use that molasses till you figured out how to use your nutes properly first imo. Remember to follow your mantra K.I.S.S.
Anyway man just my 2 cents, hope I'm not too late and this helps you out this round, gl w/ the harvest.

mikeb437

mikeb437

I only had the 2 plants and harvested them both. I did turn off the fan in the box cause I thought that would dry them out too quickly. I'm going to keep a close eye on them and just wing it. Not getting enough comments quickly enough. I have learned alot of great info from you guys and will use that in my process. I might stick a small glass of water in the Box to increase the rh a bit so the plants dont dry out too quickly,,,

mikeb437

mikeb437

Soaked one of the Rockwell cubes and put it in the box with the fan blowing. Raised the rh to 40%. Gonna keep a watch on it closely..

Latest posts

Top Bottom