new microgrow in homemade box

• Thread starter mikeb437
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
CrippledArcher

CrippledArcher

Yeah removing the fan was the right thing, You do not want direct air on the plants.You do want circulating air and you want to make sure they are in the dark. Also you might want to consider removing them from the big stalk so you can have multiple branches hanging down. It is an art for sure, practice makes perfect and it will take a few runs to get it sown.

mikeb437

mikeb437

Soaked a rock wool,cube with water and stuck it in the box to raise the rh. It was at 30% but now It's up to 45%. Plants are now moist to the touch and not crispy. Got the fan blowing to circulate the air. The plants seemed to shrink in size, is that what happens? I will leave as is for now and check twice daily till buds feel crispy again then I will remove from the large stem and put into jars. Or should I put into bags first?

mikeb437

mikeb437

Buds felt a bit crunchy today so I finally trimmed and placed in a mason jar to cure. People have been complaining of a skunk smell in the basement ,, lol. So I had to clean out my box and remove the lights etc etc gonna finish off in the jars and see how things go. My last post might be when the buds are finally done and smokeable. Smell has been an issue this grow and I can't do this again till I get a good filter. I found one on eBay that's also posted in this micro grow section.

CrippledArcher

CrippledArcher

Security First ,my friend ! Maybe look at a small grow tent, and don't buy cheap fans or filter.Just remember to check on your buds,don't want all the work to mold,Good luck.

mikeb437

mikeb437

Ok guys,, been about 10 days or so since I picked. The stems on the bigger buds are still not cracking so they are still curing in the mason jar. I have been pulling out buds and smoking them and they are awesome!!!!!!! I get a really great buzz off them and they don't have a big taste and flavor but they don't taste bad at all by any means. I'm very happy with the results from my first real grow. it was a great learning experience and I understand how to properly cure now that I did it so thanks guys for that info. Next time I grow It will be a lot easier now that I've done this first grow..

Top Bottom