New mite species , the Ebola of cannabis

• Thread starter obsoul33t
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
obsoul33t

obsoul33t

IBL
I have yet to read about anyone being affected by this mite species on cannabis but I just had a fight against and some of my ultra rare genes are now in the fight of their lives .

It is called the "grape blister mite" and took a laboratory to identify, as it is microscopic and can't be seen by the naked eye . the mite can also lay dormant for extended periods of time showing none of it's devastation until the colony is ready to explode .

from beautiful healthy plant to near death within 7-10 days . the symptoms start as yellowing new growth tips making one believe a nutrient imbalance is starting. the older leaves curl into a severe rams horn shape making one believe it is indeed a nutrient issue . the rams horns however are not accompanied by the classic tip burn but rather a leaf surface blistering .
all internodal growth stops and the and the plant declines incredible fast .

it took tissue sample being sent to a lab to figure this out and the only cure is to catch it very early and dip in avid or pylon .

I took the avid action on some very sickly plants and some are trying to fight back while others are gone .

it makes spider mites a joy to deal with !!

pix of the damage will be posted asap

good luck and heads up on this one

GodZsoN

GodZsoN

I have yet to read about anyone being affected by this mite species on cannabis but I just had a fight against and some of my ultra rare genes are now in the fight of their lives .

It is called the "grape blister mite" and took a laboratory to identify, as it is microscopic and can't be seen by the naked eye . the mite can also lay dormant for extended periods of time showing none of it's devastation until the colony is ready to explode .

from beautiful healthy plant to near death within 7-10 days . the symptoms start as yellowing new growth tips making one believe a nutrient imbalance is starting. the older leaves curl into a severe rams horn shape making one believe it is indeed a nutrient issue . the rams horns however are not accompanied by the classic tip burn but rather a leaf surface blistering .
all internodal growth stops and the and the plant declines incredible fast .

it took tissue sample being sent to a lab to figure this out and the only cure is to catch it very early and dip in avid or pylon .

I took the avid action on some very sickly plants and some are trying to fight back while others are gone .

it makes spider mites a joy to deal with !!

pix of the damage will be posted asap

good luck and heads up on this one

Hope they recover obs.. that's super shitty..

PrairieBoy

PrairieBoy

Dang...makes borg a joy....you've got more skills than most...you'll win the war bro, tough to take losses though.
Good karma your way

GanjaAL

GanjaAL

Just a note... I was recomended JUDO as an effective killer of mites and eggs. Famers have been using it in the treatment of mites impervious to other killing methods.

Best wishes to you brother. Hope you kill them bastards dead!

Illmind

Illmind

damn bro thats weak.. hope u backed em in seed at least. i hope all goes well as i kno shit like that hella stressful. heres hoping everything bounces back bro..

B

Built to Enjoy

Bummer bro, have you tried tissue culture?? It may be able to save your genes.
I hope it all works out for you~BuilttoEnjoy

M

mal

Premium Member
Supporter
Its Always Something

Sorry to hear about your infestation, hope you get them bastards under control asap. Something like that could wipe out indoor growing. How would you know that you got rid of them if you can't see the bastards and they can lie dormant for an extended period. Good luck, hope you win. Also hope all is well with you and yours

mal

sticky icky

sticky icky

Wtf is this world comin to it is always some bullshit to deal with...this is great info for the community to check out this new species that obviously reeks havok I hope evrything does a 180 for ya obs I'm sure it will lookin forward to the pics stay up bro!

Billygoat

Billygoat

Bookmark.

Looks like Sulfur is the trick, but I would also look at Judo or Forbid 4F like what was posted already. Seems, the grape growers use Sulfur and this keeps them away.

I'd look at some Safer® Brand Garden Fungicide spray. Think it's like 12% Sulfur. Sorry to hear you have issues. I had a tuff fight with broad mites and they lost. I'll take the double spotted over any of these other crazy mites.
Good luck,
BG

COCOLOCO

COCOLOCO

Any idea how they got in?
Hope that Avid works for ya. If not Forbid/Saturator should.. Sorry for your troubles thanks for the heads up..

treebark1950

treebark1950

I stil feel as if some of the bugs we battle are gov't conspiracies!

Call me crazy but its like they pop up outta no where and are getting smaller and smaller!!

:fighting0085:

cannarado

cannarado

Premium Member
Supporter
Throw in some russet mites and you got yourself a party(that you want to kill your self afterwards)

treebark1950

treebark1950

No kidding.

Next we will be hit with a strain of PM that can't be controlled or eliminated. It will be called invisible PM.

Then the world is gonna end, super mites that we can't see and invisible PM. :sign0055: Gosh I hope not!

DrCALIGREENTHUM

DrCALIGREENTHUM

+1 on the info OBS coming outta the blue with some good footnotes

Aligee

Aligee

..Not to mention RAs these seem to be the next super bug ... Good luck OBS would like to see those pics of these bastards !!!~Aligee~

COCOLOCO

COCOLOCO

worse what happens when these pesticide immune superbugs enter the general food crop.. could be uncomparable to mass crop losses of history.. Only solution will be a more potent pesticide which we consume in the end . Imagine food costs and cancer rates then.. Look forward to the pics of these fucks..

freegrow

freegrow

Premium Member
Supporter
thanks for the info and time invested in research best of wishes is it a new species or just new to weed

S

Slug

That's all we need is a new mite species. It's not like the other ones weren't hard to see! Good luck with the buggers.

Top Bottom