New Node Leaves Growing Sideways .Help

• Thread starter Sickvicc
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

Sickvicc

Repost from about 2-3weeks ago.

So for the last couple months ive been growing a few different strains in a 8x10 area with some DE phantom lights at 750w but since the beginning these clones have been growing funny some more then others,The new leaves coming out of the nodes are growing out sideways & slowing growth down .So finally after a few months i took some clones , switch the the dirt to Sunshine4 a peatmoss/perlite mix then sure enough they started doing the same thing again . Just wondering if anyone might have gone thru the same thing or know what's going on?Thanks

New node leaves growing sideways help
New node leaves growing sideways help 2
New node leaves growing sideways help 3
New node leaves growing sideways help 4
New node leaves growing sideways help 5
Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
The light level looks a little low in my opinion, but there is a phenomenon called Epigenetics, which affects clones taken from older mothers, mostly tropical Sativas from my understanding. It's a very interesting occurance that isn't too widely known.

S

Sickvicc

Now .
Alright so right now im vegging i got the light on 24hrs ,Turned the watts down to 600w
Running tap water
PH the water at 5.9
Changed the nutrients i was running thinking maybe bad nutrients but no after all that they still seem to be doing this.
Can it possibly be they dont like Sunshine4mix peatmoss/perlite because the last stuff i tried was the was also a peatmoss/perlite mix but different brand?
might they need some co2?
At night it gets a little cold but this has been happening since summer so i dont think its the temperature changing at night

Judaz

Judaz

This I'm going to tag with possible viroid problem. The branches going sideways is a classic tell tell sign of possible Hop latent viroid infection. Monitor progress and read up on dudding issue. Anytime you have weird deformities or odd growth patterns appearing on leaves and branches, points the evidence towards a viroid problem. Quarantine this sucker if possible and keep away from healthy plants til you are more certain. If it is viroid issue. Then you should kill it to save the rest of healthy ones and start looking at moms for possible dud clone issues. Where did this clone come from?

S

Sickvicc

This I'm going to tag with possible viroid problem. The branches going sideways is a classic tell tell sign of possible Hop latent viroid infection. Monitor progress and read up on dudding issue. Anytime you have weird deformities or odd growth patterns appearing on leaves and branches, points the evidence towards a viroid problem. Quarantine this sucker if possible and keep away from healthy plants til you are more certain. If it is viroid issue. Then you should kill it to save the rest of healthy ones and start looking at moms for possible dud clone issues. Where did this clone come from?
Ok ok thanks for the info never heard of that before,something too look out for from now on but i really dont think its that because when the leaves eventually grow out they look healty ,the branches are a little skinny but not out of the ordinary skinny .I got these at the High Times Cup off the Phinest Cannabis booth ,they got a really good rep tho thats another reason why i dont think its a dud but still ima keep monitoring for it.Thanks

Top Bottom