New on Ph - Yellowed leafs - purple stem

• Thread starter cannaca9591
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
cannaca9591

cannaca9591

Well... Hi to everyone! I'm from Argentina. Right now we're on winter.

I am having problems with my indoor garden.

I need to comment that it is my first experience measuring Ph (only in the water that I use to irrigate)

The water I consume has a pH of 8. To water my plants, I use phosphoric acid to bring the pH value to a range between 6.2-6.8

I started to use phosphoric acid since previously, using lemon juice, I observed anomalies in the growth of the plants.

I noticed positive changes in my plants when I used phosphoric acid instead of lemon juice. The latter does not keep the pH values stable.

1626959069015.png

Observing positive changes I continued with the application of the main-linning technique.

From here, everything has been a wheel of changes.

I saw positive changes in the beginning. Good response to pruning by plants.

1626959101353.png

But later the leaves began to turn pale green, stems purple, leaves that appear dry.

1626959121690.png

In the last pruning (second of the main-lining technique) this is what I have:

1626959138993.png

1626959148435.png

1626959159870.png

1626959171884.png

PLEASE HELP ME, I DONT KNOW WHAT IS WRONG 😥😥

When I performed the transplants, I observed very white and healthy roots, so i dont know.

INDOOR SETUP
- Tent 80x80x160
- LED Stripes 150w
- Soil garden
- Seed from DutchPassion - Strawbeery Cought & Orange Bud

1626959434925.png

1626959455085.png

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Look like cold wet rootzome but can you give some information on the media, watering practices, environmental conditions etc.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I'm gonna add this here for you to read... you need to really fill thise pots up to the tops.

cannaca9591

cannaca9591

Look like cold wet rootzome but can you give some information on the media, watering practices, environmental conditions etc.
I have 2 intraction fans and 1 extraction fan.

During the day: 20 ° -22 ° C
At night (lights off): 17° - 18° C

Watering Practices:
- Circulate from the outside to the inside
- For Example, If the pot is 5 liters, I water the first weeks with 10% (500cc) every 24-48hours , then 20% - 25%. I only water when the pot feels light compared to the weight it had with the irrigation water
- Ph of water 6.2-6.8. The last irrigation (TODAY) was with a value of 6, I wanted to see if there were positive changes, i dont know what to do 😥

Soil mix its rom a local brand of Paraná, Entre Ríos. Is named "Sustrato Profesional" (in English: "professional substrate" haha 😂). This contains:
- River hangover
- Bush mulch
- earthworm humus
- black earth
- diatoms
- bokashi
- flour mix
- perlite
- blond peat
- mycorrhizae
- trichoderms
- azospirillum
- vermiculite

cannaca9591

cannaca9591

I'm gonna add this here for you to read... you need to really fill thise pots up to the tops.

Thanks, but I'll be honest with you...

At the beginning of the cultivation, I filled the pots to half because the walls of the same protected the plants from the winter cold 😅.

cannaca9591

cannaca9591

And thanks for the post 🙏🙏🙏
I'm going to read it

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Thanks, but I'll be honest with you...

At the beginning of the cultivation, I filled the pots to half because the walls of the same protected the plants from the winter cold 😅.
That's likely part of the problem. When you read you will see how the water table is likely very high in those half filled pots and that's preventing the roots from getting adequate o2.

The other is the temperature. Imo it's far to low and you will likely see a huge improvement if you can get around 80f day and 70f night.

You want to back the lights off until you get this under control as the more light you give at this point the more stress it will put on the plants.

cannaca9591

cannaca9591

That's likely part of the problem. When you read you will see how the water table is likely very high in those half filled pots and that's preventing the roots from getting adequate o2.

The other is the temperature. Imo it's far to low and you will likely see a huge improvement if you can get around 80f day and 70f night.

You want to back the lights off until you get this under control as the more light you give at this point the more stress it will put on the plants.

I am really grateful that you have read me and for getting an answer from another point of view 🙏🙏🙏.

This matter has generated a lot of anxiety in me and I found a cushion of calm when reading your answer.
I will try to apply these changes and see what results it gives me. I'll be uploading the tracking.

Meanwhile, I germinated another couple of seeds haha

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I am really grateful that you have read me and for getting an answer from another point of view 🙏🙏🙏.

This matter has generated a lot of anxiety in me and I found a cushion of calm when reading your answer.
I will try to apply these changes and see what results it gives me. I'll be uploading the tracking.

Meanwhile, I germinated another couple of seeds haha
Starting a grow journal is a great way to share your progress and allow growers to see the history in order to help aid you in any questions you may have.

cannaca9591

cannaca9591

hello everyone.
After reading Aquaman's answer, I got down to work to create changes in the growing environment.

I have achieved improvements in the ambient temperature, having 19 ° C at night and 22/23 ° C during the day. I did this by turning off the tent's intraction fans.

I don't know if it was the best solution, but the girls have begun to show more life than before.

I also managed to calibrate the irrigation water temperature at 22 ° C (this I think was vital)

Now, as you can see in the following photos, the plants do not have the desired green tone in their leaves.

the pH of the water remains in a range of 6.2 to 6.5.

Starting today, it will be a fairly cold week in my city and my home is quite cold, so the temperatures will not be able to improve any more than they have improved.

Any hints what might be wrong with my garden?

tomorrow I plan to transplant into 12.5-liter pots.

they are currently in 7.5 liter pots

blessings and good smoke.

Photo 2021 08 09 20 52 31
Photo 2021 08 09 20 52 48
Photo 2021 08 09 20 52 56
Top Bottom