New Organic Disinfectant / Antimicrobial

• Thread starter Skyhiker
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Skyhiker

We may have an awesome organic and approved disinfectant for growers but not sure yet!

I'm helping a company that has a new way to make Hypochlorous Acid (HOCl) or electrolyzed water in 100% pure and stable form. HOCl is well known. It's 1000x more powerful disinfectant than bleach or alcohol, and it's totally safe and organic. You can use it as mouthwash and eyedrops. It kills all pathogen bacteria, viruses, mold and fungi. Use it on surfaces, in drip tubes and lines to kill biofilms, dip clones in it, and fog it in grow rooms while people are present or even outside.

HOCl is known and approved for use but it has a problem: It's made with an electrolysis reaction that typically creates an unbalanced electric charge on the chlorine ion. After 1-2 days it degrades into weak bleach. That's why it's not available for retail until recently.

This company in Seattle has invented a new manufacturing method for HOCl that produces 100% pure product that is chemically stable for 3+ years so far, confirmed by University of Washington. This has never been done before, it's really a new tech breakthrough.

I am trying to learn the potential for this product for cannabis growers. We can make this less expensive and much better than current disinfectants, we believe, but need some market estimates to justify launching a marketing effort. Your input will help. So, what do you guys use now for disinfection and sterilization? How much and at what cost? I'll be happy to send samples to those who provide good information.

Thanks much!

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
We may have an awesome organic and approved disinfectant for growers but not sure yet!

I'm helping a company that has a new way to make Hypochlorous Acid (HOCl) or electrolyzed water in 100% pure and stable form. HOCl is well known. It's 1000x more powerful disinfectant than bleach or alcohol, and it's totally safe and organic. You can use it as mouthwash and eyedrops. It kills all pathogen bacteria, viruses, mold and fungi. Use it on surfaces, in drip tubes and lines to kill biofilms, dip clones in it, and fog it in grow rooms while people are present or even outside.

HOCl is known and approved for use but it has a problem: It's made with an electrolysis reaction that typically creates an unbalanced electric charge on the chlorine ion. After 1-2 days it degrades into weak bleach. That's why it's not available for retail until recently.

This company in Seattle has invented a new manufacturing method for HOCl that produces 100% pure product that is chemically stable for 3+ years so far, confirmed by University of Washington. This has never been done before, it's really a new tech breakthrough.

I am trying to learn the potential for this product for cannabis growers. We can make this less expensive and much better than current disinfectants, we believe, but need some market estimates to justify launching a marketing effort. Your input will help. So, what do you guys use now for disinfection and sterilization? How much and at what cost? I'll be happy to send samples to those who provide good information.

Thanks much!
I know a few people that use pool shock in hydro... a 10$ bag lasts them probably 10 years

xavier7995

xavier7995

A bit of hydrogen peroxide in the water does me well...all told it's maybe 5 bucks worth in a grow. For actual cleaning it's like 25 cents worth of bleach into some water. Not sure if targeting cannabis growers is a good market, it really isn't that big of pool of people and disinfectants are not a high dollar item. The larger market of people wanting organic safe general cleaning products seems a better target, weed growers will use it and all...it's just what is the point of limiting yourself. On that front, vinegar and water works great, is safe and cheap, but doesn't kill like a bleach cleaner, so if you have a safe and organic product with the stopping power of bleach, would be interested.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I'm locking this thread. What you've posted reads like advertising to me, and to do that here you have to contact the site owner/admin ( @logic ) and work it out with him. If you get his blessing, it's on!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom