New outdoor grow

• Thread starter Newguy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
N

Newguy

Starting late with clones outdoor this year any tips for crazy growth to catch them up

New outdoor grow
Reactions: Ina
Wolfe

Wolfe

How long is your growing season?
You should be ok. I put mine out and they’re pretty small and they’re booming in a couple days. Here’s a basic recipe you could use without having to cook soil. You don’t have to have the exact ratios either. Just the basic ingredients. There are proportions listed on the product, but you can play around with that as well like I did. Transplant those into like 20 gal pots and let er rip. I mix it up in a kiddi pool in increments:
Basic soil mix like pro mix( you can get it with microhyaze)
I think about half of a big cube of promix into the kiddi pool
Worm castings 1/3 of cubic foot to the pool
Bat guano 9-3-1 and 3-10-(1 I think I used around 8 cups divided)
Alfalfa mean 2.5 -1-1( 1 cup)
Green sander (1 cup)
Kelp meal 1-0. 1-2 (1 cup)
Fish meal 10-4-0 (2 cups)
Dolomite( check container) (1 cup)
Epson salt( check container) ( 1 cup)
Microhyaze

Again I didn’t have those ratios and had a different recipe I used. I had a lot of the same ingredient and some that were different. But if I was going to use this one. That’s what I’d do. I get up to three to four pots filled with each kiddi pool. They get kinda hard to turn over they’re so pilled up, but I just take it slow. I do 24 of them that way and it takes me a while but, it’s worth it. Then just add water. No bottled nutes. If you have a deficiency or need a nutrient boost, you can top dress the soil. I run a hose timer that goes off and goes through a filter before filling a reservoir. Then I have a pump that pumps the water through a line on a separate timer to my plants periodically through the day. Basically, I sit and watch the plants grow all summer without dragging buckets around or mixing stuff up like I used to. And it’s automated. I can leave this thing and go on vacation and it will just keep on ticking. All I do is stake up plants and top, super crop, or whatever I feel like. I use a seconds timer also as the timer that runs my pump.

Last edited:
Wolfe

Wolfe

Mine are that small also and I will still have a hard time keeping them from shooting up over the fence. Started in June, plenty of times, and still had good results. I’ve still grew half to pound size plants putting them out this late. I intentionally put mine out this late because last year I had ten foot plus plants.

Wolfe

Wolfe

I’m not worried, Colorado has a pretty short season also but I’ll do fine with smaller plants. They’re already shooting up quick since transplant. Fully automated, all I do is watch it grow and try to keep it under my fence. Last year I blew that. Here’s how I keep it automated...

D495F29B 6189 4BDB 8F86 4C8CE97406A6
0E8B9076 42A8 4FAB A539 BA40B8027C20
9CC8764F 07AC 4025 9B90 122A18A8203B
Rikismom420

Rikismom420

How long is your growing season?
You should be ok. I put mine out and they’re pretty small and they’re booming in a couple days. Here’s a basic recipe you could use without having to cook soil. You don’t have to have the exact ratios either. Just the basic ingredients. There are proportions listed on the product, but you can play around with that as well like I did. Transplant those into like 20 gal pots and let er rip. I mix it up in a kiddi pool in increments:
Basic soil mix like pro mix( you can get it with microhyaze)
I think about half of a big cube of promix into the kiddi pool
Worm castings 1/3 of cubic foot to the pool
Bat guano 9-3-1 and 3-10-(1 I think I used around 8 cups divided)
Alfalfa mean 2.5 -1-1( 1 cup)
Green sander (1 cup)
Kelp meal 1-0. 1-2 (1 cup)
Fish meal 10-4-0 (2 cups)
Dolomite( check container) (1 cup)
Epson salt( check container) ( 1 cup)
Microhyaze

Again I didn’t have those ratios and had a different recipe I used. I had a lot of the same ingredient and some that were different. But if I was going to use this one. That’s what I’d do. I get up to three to four pots filled with each kiddi pool. They get kinda hard to turn over they’re so pilled up, but I just take it slow. I do 24 of them that way and it takes me a while but, it’s worth it. Then just add water. No bottled nutes. If you have a deficiency or need a nutrient boost, you can top dress the soil. I run a hose timer that goes off and goes through a filter before filling a reservoir. Then I have a pump that pumps the water through a line on a separate timer to my plants periodically through the day. Basically, I sit and watch the plants grow all summer without dragging buckets around or mixing stuff up like I used to. And it’s automated. I can leave this thing and go on vacation and it will just keep on ticking. All I do is stake up plants and top, super crop, or whatever I feel like. I use a seconds timer also as the timer that runs my pump.
😊must be nice to be automated. I still in the manual labor field on my indoor grow..use bottled water though and . Farm ocean floor..
Happy growing

Wolfe

Wolfe

Super simple to do the automation. That’s why I was describing a little bit about how I do things. I’ve made that one on a small scale that grew 50 clones at once. I took off on vacation and it was fine. I did have someone checking in on it though. So the things you need to automate: a pump( for outside bigger, for clones smaller) tubing.
Filter, seconds timer, back pressure valve. Trash can, or bucket for the clones. Here’s one of my larger pumps. Runs 24 plants no problem.

A8EB5B2B 18A6 44E0 8D33 FFEDCB386579
Top Bottom