New outside grow organic soil deficiencies / toxicity not sure

• Thread starter clinton5656
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
clinton5656

clinton5656

So this is my first grow outside, not sure what is going on I water the plants about couple gallons a day and then every couple of days will flood. Adding about a 100 ppm of Cal mag and my water that I use when flooding is spring water which I've had tested it is a little hard comes in about 250 ppm on most of the plants are reading between six and seven on pH on the runoff. I am using compost tea and go green product line so it's just a mended soil topped with a little extra potassium just a couple tablespoons and 50 gallon pots.

New outside grow organic soil deficiencies  toxicity not sure
New outside grow organic soil deficiencies  toxicity not sure 2
New outside grow organic soil deficiencies  toxicity not sure 3
New outside grow organic soil deficiencies  toxicity not sure 4
New outside grow organic soil deficiencies  toxicity not sure 5
jimjam63

jimjam63

So this is my first grow outside, not sure what is going on I water the plants about couple gallons a day and then every couple of days will flood. Adding about a 100 ppm of Cal mag and my water that I use when flooding is spring water which I've had tested it is a little hard comes in about 250 ppm on most of the plants are reading between six and seven on pH on the runoff. I am using compost tea and go green product line so it's just a mended soil topped with a little extra potassium just a couple tablespoons and 50 gallon pots.
I just read somewhere here that yellow leaves means they are hungry, not thirsty. in fact, I would reduce watering to every 2-3 days. Roots can suffer if flooded to much. They need O2 along with H2O. If they dont have O2, they start dying. Do you stick a finger down into the soil as far as possible to feel for moisture? Just because the top inch or two is dry doesn't mean it needs any water. My girls will go 3 days between watering once a month, builds strength in the roots cause they will "look" for water when they need more. Almost 100 days old from 6" clones, tap water tested at 7.4, watered every other day if needed, tended, fed and treated by a "pro" grower friend of mine who knows the details. Photo is 3 weeks old....I'll get more soon. (yes they look sparse, he just trimmed some of the fan leaves to let light and air in)

3ladies001
Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom