• Tagged users None
Samoses

Samoses

Hi guys,

I have two new plants on the go,
I’m using the same medium ,
Same lighting ,
Same everything as my previous grow,
I’ll put a photo up of my last plant at about 4 weeks old next to these To show the difference ,

Did I just get lucky with my first lot of seeds ???

Or are these as I suspect , ugly , twisted , deformed plants !?!?!

I have no clue why,

Grown in coco coir,
Perlite and some peat ,

No nutes for first two weeks,

Only thing I can think of is they got a small spray of pesticide to get rid of thrips from last plant!

The first two photos are of a precious plant at 4 weeks

You can’t really tell, but on the last few photos of the Sativa strain, one that leaf has been curling down like that since it sprouted !! Literally a 90 degree bend halfway down the leaf,
Now the new foliage is coming up, and she is sprouting 5 finger leaves and 3 ginger leaves from the same top node

God knows , i just feel like they are a nightmare compared to my last plant, which grew beautifully, every leaf and bud was perfect ! One of these , tbe first true leaves it grew didn’t even have “razors”

I’m a newbie btw , so go easy !

Thanks for any advice

New plants are completely deformed
New plants are completely deformed 2
New plants are completely deformed 3
New plants are completely deformed 4
New plants are completely deformed 5
New plants are completely deformed 6
New plants are completely deformed 7
Samoses

Samoses

Frequency of watering, runoff volume, watering pH and PPM ?
Watering every 3-4 days,
Roots are growing well, the larger of the two was planted maybe 5 days earlier ,
Ph is always between 6.5 and 7.5
Very good drainage , runs through Medium quickly ,
I always put some pea gravel and perlite in the bottom of each pot, at least an inch,
I don’t know if you can tell , on the og kush,
The new true leaves , one side has 5 fingers and looks fat and healthy, the opposite leaf has 3 fingers and they are all super super thin !!!

Also the older larger leaves , they both have 3 fingers , but they are nowhere near cemetrical , one side looks like the central finger joins halfway up the next finger , will try and get a photo !

Could it be some mutation from using a pesticide too early ?

My PPM is 190-220

Fuck knows man

It’s frustrating !!!

Check out all these mad leaves up close

One side has big leaves other , skinny weird ones ,
The one with my hand , I have never seen before !!

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Well here's your problem..

"Watering every 3-4 days"

Coco needs water with nutrients and run off every day there's some good info on this site recommend you search how to grow in Coco here good luck

Btw what are these black and white specks?
Screenshot 20200911 115652 Chrome

Madmax

Madmax

Watering every 3-4 days,
Roots are growing well, the larger of the two was planted maybe 5 days earlier ,
Ph is always between 6.5 and 7.5
Very good drainage , runs through Medium quickly ,
I always put some pea gravel and perlite in the bottom of each pot, at least an inch,
I don’t know if you can tell , on the og kush,
The new true leaves , one side has 5 fingers and looks fat and healthy, the opposite leaf has 3 fingers and they are all super super thin !!!

Also the older larger leaves , they both have 3 fingers , but they are nowhere near cemetrical , one side looks like the central finger joins halfway up the next finger , will try and get a photo !

Could it be some mutation from using a pesticide too early ?

My PPM is 190-220

Fuck knows man

It’s frustrating !!!

Check out all these mad leaves up close

One side has big leaves other , skinny weird ones ,
The one with my hand , I have never seen before !!
I wouldnt b too concerned too much .ive had that many times and they come right...id get your ph in the right zone for coco.

Samoses

Samoses

Ph too high
It’s come back at 6.7 at its highest , that was once or twice ....
It’s really good here , hardly ever fluctuates , it’s almost always 6.5 ,
What would you suggest ?
And how come the last plant handled it so well?
It grew beautifully,
Ah god knows, it was only a bit of a pet project anyway, I don’t even smoke as it doesn’t agree with me, But I had cancer , so was going to use it all as I truly believe it is a medicine , I used to be able to handle stuff which I now know would of had high CBD content ,
Back then you got what you got ! And it either felt like you had been hit by a train or you got the giggles and munchies , that’s what I liked !
I havnt smokes in almost 10 years ! But I love the whole process of growing it ,
My last plant was my first attempt ,
And after a few muck ups in the first few weeks, it took off ,
And man, I would re pot into something huge , and in 3 days The lovely white roots would be pushing through the drainage holes !

Was satisfying ,

So do you think these are salvageable ? It doesn’t seem to be stunting their growth,
And the colour is coming back in the older one for sure,

I’ll just persevere ,

🤞

Thanks for the tips and help guys

Samoses

Samoses

So basically, as I added plant fertiliser , I thought it would surfice to feed them as if they were in soil,
All a learning curve ! I’ve done some reading,
It seems if I water them every day, but very little , always with nutes,
That should flush the roots, keep them oxygenated , stop a salt build up, and keep her happy ?
As it isn’t totally dying , should I be able to bring her back if I persevere and do that for the next few days and see how she reacts ? Cheers

Top Bottom