New plants not doing well

• Thread starter Lordelryk
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
L

Lordelryk

I have been growing for 4 years now, 2 harvest a year. I don't consider myself a newb anymore but far from expert. I thing I have never had a problem with is getting the plants up to 10-12 inches tall. But this time something has gone wrong. Every plant is doing bad and several didn't even make it this far. Planted 2 different strains (pineapple cush Auto and girlscout cookies Auto 5 of each) and only 5 remain, barely. These are 4 weeks old and I don't know what I'm doing wrong because I haven't changed anything. Is it possible that the seeds are bad? I buy everything from msnl and have had great results so far.

Indoor growing. Organic garden soil with 25% perlite mix and 10% compost. Spider farmer light 1000 at 20% power. Temp steady at 70

New plants not doing well
New plants not doing well 2
New plants not doing well 3
New plants not doing well 4
New plants not doing well 5
L

Lordelryk

Yeah it looks like an iron-lockout, that medium may be not really suitably, have you made some soil measurements?
Now that you say that I looked at the soil and it has a high amount of wood chips in it. I will try a transplant to jump start them.

PrimoClonesCanada

PrimoClonesCanada

Supporter
Looks pretty wet as well.
I think if soil is to wet sometimes you will end up with iron/zinc deficiency can't remember which one, but its definitely happened to me.
Are you letting soil dry right out before you water?

Madmax

Madmax

No woodchips draw nitrogen out of top layers of the soil because the micros use nitrogen to decompose the woodchips.i only use woodchips as mulch around trees and established shrubs etc..once broken down its okay..that substrate does not look good to grow cannabis in..

M

marc2341

I have been growing for 4 years now, 2 harvest a year. I don't consider myself a newb anymore but far from expert. I thing I have never had a problem with is getting the plants up to 10-12 inches tall. But this time something has gone wrong. Every plant is doing bad and several didn't even make it this far. Planted 2 different strains (pineapple cush Auto and girlscout cookies Auto 5 of each) and only 5 remain, barely. These are 4 weeks old and I don't know what I'm doing wrong because I haven't changed anything. Is it possible that the seeds are bad? I buy everything from msnl and have had great results so far.

Indoor growing. Organic garden soil with 25% perlite mix and 10% compost. Spider farmer light 1000 at 20% power. Temp steady at

Indoor growing. Organic garden soil with 25% perlite mix and 10% compost. Spider farmer light 1000 at 20% power. Temp steady at 70
The medium looks very wet from what I can see best bet is to either repot in a different better drainage soil or stand the pots up on feet to allow better drainage, I had similar problem they have no started to come right

Top Bottom