New Rdwc System Up And Running.

• Thread starter WestbyGod
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
WestbyGod

WestbyGod

Changed to vinyl tubing. Does not work quite as well as copper, but seems to work well enough. Had to use a little ice, wife doing laundry, raises temp in room.

Grow 014
Grow 012
Grow 014
cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
Nice job. I would say mess with some different types and thickness of plastics to see if you can get one that would transfer better. Other thing is see if you could get a stainless coil 2nd hand. Might be able to scoop one for cheap used.

OldManRiver

OldManRiver

Kinda tangental to your main question, but realize that temperature isn't the goal, oxygenation of the nute solution is. Higher temps drive oxygen from the solution, which is what allows root rot to happen. Cooling is good, but lots of air in the water is cheaper and easier to achieve is most cases through bigger airstones driven harder. Thats not in the case when its 80* water, but 72-75 degree water has never hurt me.

WestbyGod

WestbyGod

Kinda tangental to your main question, but realize that temperature isn't the goal, oxygenation of the nute solution is. Higher temps drive oxygen from the solution, which is what allows root rot to happen. Cooling is good, but lots of air in the water is cheaper and easier to achieve is most cases through bigger airstones driven harder. Thats not in the case when its 80* water, but 72-75 degree water has never hurt me.
I think I am going to be ok. Lights on res. temps. never got above 65, lights off went down to 61. I got freaked out the first night I ran system. temps went up to 75. First I wrapped buckets with bubble insulation, that lowered temps. to 71. Found my old wort chiller, hooked it up to system, temps never got above 63. Found out copper will do all kinds of nasty things to nutes, so switched to vinyl tubing. I added 30ml hydoguard to nutes. Temps top out at 65.

I may look into a stainless coil as cemchris suggested. Room temp outside the tent will rise a few degrees this summer. Will have to transfer a little more heat then.

Thanks for everyone's help. Learned a lot over the weekend. I will post updates of the grow, as it progresses.

WestbyGod

WestbyGod

Found out last night how important it is to keep ph monitor calibrated. Got my new solution in yesterday, I had been putting it off for a few weeks. Discovered I was running 6.1 instead of 5.7. I was still in an acceptable range, but could have been bad if numbers were off even more.

D

Dustjesus

That's a really nice system you built! Where did you get that idea from?? Would like to build one myself.

Nugg

Nugg

Just Google uc dwc systems...look under imagines...they are basically all the same,..

IMG 20190129 055955
IMG 20181222 081522
WestbyGod

WestbyGod

That's a really nice system you built! Where did you get that idea from?? Would like to build one myself.
I followed instructions from a member that was kicked off the forum, Heisenbubble. I think you can still see his videos on youtube. Very good instructions, system works great.

Medigrow

Medigrow

Found out last night how important it is to keep ph monitor calibrated. Got my new solution in yesterday, I had been putting it off for a few weeks. Discovered I was running 6.1 instead of 5.7. I was still in an acceptable range, but could have been bad if numbers were off even more.

I've found out that ph meters are total bullshit. Own 3 bluelab and I can't even get equal reads, even after the calibration was just done... You are better to let it swing from ph 5.5 to 6.5 without adjusting it,it can consumes a better range of nutrients this way.

As for calibration, yes, they suck, even after 2 days using the same meter! :)

D

Davide

[QUOTE = "WestbyGod, post: 2227717, membro: 93695"] Finalmente il mio RDWC ha funzionato. Riempito d'acqua per un test finale e fatto saltare una perdita. Si è scoperto che un secchio si era incrinato al raccordo della paratia, quindi è stato necessario sostituirlo con un nuovo secchio. Tutto pronto e funzionante ora. Attualmente in Veg. La mia soluzione sta andando bene, tranne forse temp. Non avevo temp. salire nel serbatoio quando si corre senza luci. Sembra che i secchi neri assorbano il calore.

La prima volta che esegui RDWC, consigli, trucchi o consigli di benvenuto.

EC .7
PH 5.8
Res. Temp. 65-70 [/ QUOTE]
Benvenuto in idroponica dopo un anno di studi teorici e pratici in terra ,passerò in idroponica ha Natale ,già scelto l impianto Alien pro 4 vasi 55l 100cm.
La seguo nel suo lavoro.

WestbyGod

WestbyGod

[QUOTE = "WestbyGod, post: 2227717, membro: 93695"] Finalmente il mio RDWC ha funzionato. Riempito d'acqua per un test finale e fatto saltare una perdita. Si è scoperto che un secchio si era incrinato al raccordo della paratia, quindi è stato necessario sostituirlo con un nuovo secchio. Tutto pronto e funzionante ora. Attualmente in Veg. La mia soluzione sta andando bene, tranne forse temp. Non avevo temp. salire nel serbatoio quando si corre senza luci. Sembra che i secchi neri assorbano il calore.

La prima volta che esegui RDWC, consigli, trucchi o consigli di benvenuto.

EC .7
PH 5.8
Res. Temp. 65-70 [/ QUOTE]
Benvenuto in idroponica dopo un anno di studi teorici e pratici in terra ,passerò in idroponica ha Natale ,già scelto l impianto Alien pro 4 vasi 55l 100cm.
La seguo nel suo lavoro.
I have found less is more. Keep your EC .5-.7 veg. 1 to 1.4 flower. Make sure you use Hydroguard, or some other root protecting bacteria, with the res. temp that high. Keep a good flow through your system, with plenty of light, and you should have a good grow.

Latest posts

Top Bottom