New room build.. Mold/Mildew on walls???

• Thread starter Surfr
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

Surfr

Ok so my buddy wants me to help him setup a little medical grow in his garage.. Nothing big, just a 1k HPS and a 400MH both in tents.. The only problem, is that there is mold or mildew spots on the walls in his garage... We are hesitant to set him up before taking care of the problem.. We are thinking of sanding down all the walls, spaying them down with a black/water mixture, then painting over everything... Do you guys think this would get rid of everything?? Do you have any suggestions?? Thanks!

:character0180:

J

Jalisco Kid

I would spray and wipe down the walls with physan 20 if you can not get that with bleach. Then add some anti fungal/bac to some paint and paint the room. killed & sealed.

M

MASSES 420KING

spray and scrub walls with a bleach/water mixture then go get some kilz flat white primer paint and apply to walls the kilz will help prevent the mold and mildew from returning

Papa

Papa

Supporter
^^what he said . . . and i'd use the oil base kilz.

Papa

H

heater

What they said. I'd wear a respirator with kilz.
And ventilation.

S

Surfr

I would spray and wipe down the walls with physan 20 if you can not get that with bleach. Then add some anti fungal/bac to some paint and paint the room. killed & sealed.

Where could one find anti fungal/bac to add to the paint?

Will the water based Kilz work or should we most definitely use oil based?

J

Jalisco Kid

They add it when they mix the paint. I would use an exterior matte paint. Kilz is a little pourous/chalky. I use HD's behr exterior that is a primer/paint in one bucket. A little bit more expensive and worth it. JK
Polar/titanium white

P

pilot error

Where could one find anti fungal/bac to add to the paint?

You can pickup packs of the anti-fungal at just about any paint store. Be sure to get the correct amount for the amount of paint used. (some pks are for 1 gal., others for 5 gal.)

Some paints have it already in there, look at bathroom paint. Though it's cheaper to use the packs and mix it/ store adds mixes in.

Good luck.

pilot

T

TwoCreeks

If it were me after your done painting I'd get a dehumidifier and keep the humidity under control.

S

Surfr

Thanks for the advice/input guys....

If it were me after your done painting I'd get a dehumidifier and keep the humidity under control.

He now has a proper exhaust powered by an 8" Maxfan along with two 18" fans on 24/7.. Humidity stays at a nice 35%-45% now..

:character0180:

Billygoat

Billygoat

All you need to use is some bleach and some dish washing soap. Trust me on this one. I had a room that had black mold spots from someone else growing the wrong way.

Get a pump can add some bleach, water and a few drops of joy or whatever dish soap you use. Once you get the room all cleaned up. Make sure to keep the rooms humidity at a normal level and you should never see anything again.

Good luck and let us know how it works out. Fresh pain is nice after everything is all cleaned up. Flat white pain is what you want.
Take care,
BG

motta-tokka

motta-tokka

Burn sulfer a few times in that baby. It will coat things with it basically making it kill and leave a death film on everything. The shit stinks so be prepared if your going to use it.

Billygoat

Billygoat

Ya, sulfer burner's work well. I just started using one and I've got to say. It does controll that shit. I use it every so often. Just to make sure it kill's any spores that might be in the air. Don't want that shit to get going. I visit other grower's and clubs and you never know what you bring home. The burner's work very well. I have to agree with motta-tokka
Good luck,
BG

Top Bottom